There are 246 users in the forums

Jimmy G vs CJB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
People are prisoners of the moment. CJ has not done markedly worse than Garappolo has this year, and there is no real measurement that can prove he has. Jimmy is WAY more talented than CJ, and that cannot be argued. But their results have been fairly similar, or at the VERY least, not as big a difference as there should be given the difference in talent.

People are still under the spell Jimmy cast last year, and also people's view of CJ is tainted by his rookie year, which was not impressive. That's why I asked people what they would think, hypothetically, if they had no idea who these guys were, what has been the real dif based on this year's play? Jimmy seems to get a free pass for his many interceptions, but CJ does not (even though a couple of them have come off dropped passes). The fact that DL blew past our OL and stripped CJ as he was going to pass is also evidence that he sucks.

Jimmy has stood in the pocket like a frozen statue many times this year and taken the sack rather than throwing it away, but it's like nothing he does will be counted against him, vs everything wrong that happens gets blamed on CJ.

Like I said before, the difference in talent is immense.

But the difference in how they have played in 2018 is not.

But if I say that CJ against LAC was the best quarterbacked game of the season so far, people get in their feelings.

CJ is a backup, but has done as good a job in 2018 as Jimmy has. Or at the very least, its close.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cj Beathard 10 games as a 49er

57.1 % completion
2077 yards
6.59 avg per attempt
8 TDs 10 INTs 5 Fumbles
Scored 17 points per game

Jimmy G 9 games as a 49er
64% Completions
2278 yards
8.53 avg per attempt
12 TDs 8 INTS 2 Fumbles
27 points per game

You forgot the biggest one:

Beathard: 1-6
Jimmy G: 6-2

Damn it, we may have to wait till we play the Giants for another chance (a chance, not guaranteed tho) at winning a game
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Jimmy is 1-2 this year, CJ 0-2. And that one win felt like a loss.

Now we are going with feelings? OK then we should've won the Chiefs game because we had 150 yards in penalties I feel some of those were a joke and a bull honkey pass interference call they gave them the ball at the 1 yard line and on and on with all the injuries.

The San Diego game we would've easily one with Garoppolo,

The cardinals game a no brainer. As a matter of fact after the Cardinals game each and everyone of you supporters or Jimmy G doubters should no that CJ is garbage right now and that's another win

the Vikings game we would've easily one if it not for drop balls and penalties and injuries as well. So I feel we should be 5-0. does that work out for you or no?
Wow you sure showed me!

Did you know Aaron Rodgers was 0-1 last week and Josh Allen was 1-0? Allen > Rodgers. CHECK. MATE.

I know right? These people really have no context and they are reaching. Denial is not only a river in Egypt but hey I'm just glad we have Jimmy Garoppolo as a quarterback and if some of these people had it their way they probably wouldn't want Garoppolo and maybe they would want CJ instead. What a joke
For all of you that like judging Jimmy Garoppolo when he has little to no help especially compared to other quarterbacks that have a lot more, Aaron Rodgers is seventh in holding the ball at an average of 2.68 seconds, and he has taken the fourth most sacks in the NFL. So I guess he is struggling as well huh? A regression since last year just like Garoppolo according to the logic of some. Just think about that. Also Carson Wentz has been struggling and they have all pros on their line as well as a great receiver and tight end.

However Rogers and Garoppolo probably have the two quickest releases in the NFL so I'm not going to magically say they don't because they are struggling a little bit THIS year. Not an excuse just a fact.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 11, 2018 at 6:11 PM ]
Its obvious the impact that Jimmy G has on the team. Stats may not look elite or great but the impact is night and day with the offense scoring points and actually winning games. Jimmy elevates the whole offense while CJ does not.
This is really a debate? Was it started by the Jack49 dude? Alias alert lol.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This is really a debate? Was it started by the Jack49 dude? Alias alert lol.

No debate... this is just a camp fodder type thread to get us through hard times

Ever since last week's lost to the worst team in the league (now we are), the off season had officially begun.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cj Beathard 10 games as a 49er

57.1 % completion
2077 yards
6.59 avg per attempt
8 TDs 10 INTs 5 Fumbles
Scored 17 points per game

Jimmy G 9 games as a 49er
64% Completions
2278 yards
8.53 avg per attempt
12 TDs 8 INTS 2 Fumbles
27 points per game

You forgot the biggest one:

Beathard: 1-6
Jimmy G: 6-2

Damn it, we may have to wait till we play the Giants for another chance (a chance, not guaranteed tho) at winning a game

Naw bro, we have a chance against the cards. Even if it's in Arizona. Our team dominated against them in almost every way. Unfortunately that included turnovers and didn't include TDs, but we have a shot in that one.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Naw bro, we have a chance against the cards. Even if it's in Arizona. Our team dominated against them in almost every way. Unfortunately that included turnovers and didn't include TDs, but we have a shot in that one.

You're right, I feel ya. I'm slowly coming back around. That loss is still a bad taste in my mouth...expectations have dropped significantly but I'm still hoping for a couple of more wins before the bye week because after the bye things should get better

You're right, I feel ya. I'm slowly coming back around. That loss is still a bad taste in my mouth...expectations have dropped significantly but I'm still hoping for a couple of more wins before the bye week because after the bye things should get better

We can still also hope for a great draft pick hopefully the best pass rusher in the draft. And we can make money betting against the Niners here and there As well as betting against these overhyped teams. I won money betting against the Rams last week it was great
Originally posted by elguapo:
For all of you that like judging Jimmy Garoppolo when he has little to no help especially compared to other quarterbacks that have a lot more, Aaron Rodgers is seventh in holding the ball at an average of 2.68 seconds, and he has taken the fourth most sacks in the NFL. So I guess he is struggling as well huh? A regression since last year just like Garoppolo according to the logic of some. Just think about that. Also Carson Wentz has been struggling and they have all pros on their line as well as a great receiver and tight end.

However Rogers and Garoppolo probably have the two quickest releases in the NFL so I'm not going to magically say they don't because they are struggling a little bit THIS year. Not an excuse just a fact.

Stopped reading at the bolded. SMFH.

So its not ok to judge Jimmy because of the weapons he has around him, yet you have zero problems judging Beathard who has even worse weapons around him than Jimmy did.

Solid logic guapo, solid logic.
JG > CJB > My Expectations for CJB
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

We should be able to beat the Cards the second time around.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Stopped reading at the bolded. SMFH.

So its not ok to judge Jimmy because of the weapons he has around him, yet you have zero problems judging Beathard who has even worse weapons around him than Jimmy did.

Solid logic guapo, solid logic.

I stopped reading when you actually we're trying to make a point. A bad one. We all know how bad CJ is and how both of them have performed with no talent. And CJ is much worse enough said. Sound logic as well. If you can't tell by now I think you better brush up on your film study. But hey maybe you're right maybe I shouldn't judge CJ especially after that Arizona game. Wow
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 13, 2018 at 10:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone