There are 248 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Tanking?

Edit
[ Edited by OldShooldNiner on Dec 17, 2018 at 6:48 AM ]
Wait what is happening in this thread? We likely just lost our shot at Bosa and now desperate fans (I get it) are suddenly on the Denver will trade us Chubb train? Why on earth would Denver give up Chubb? They just drafted him and he had a good year.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Wait what is happening in this thread? We likely just lost our shot at Bosa and now desperate fans (I get it) are suddenly on the Denver will trade us Chubb train? Why on earth would Denver give up Chubb? They just drafted him and he had a good year.

The fans are now desperate for solutions. Very high possibility that Lynch will skip the Edge need in the first round and pick the BPA.
We were never tanking. The fans were wrong as usual.
Who remembers those Tim Rattay wins? Anyone? Hows about those by Hill? Dilfer? Pickett? The Black Smith?
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Time to trade down if you can and buy an ER in FA.

Hard to imagine what decent ER will be available in FA. We already have Cassius.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Who remembers those Tim Rattay wins? Anyone? Hows about those by Hill? Dilfer? Pickett? The Black Smith?

I remember the Rattay ones....Loved the Hill ones he was Mullens v1.0. The rest....bah.....
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
So if Denver wants to move up with us so they can draft a QB, what do we give them to get Chubb? We give them our 1st round pick, they give us Chubb+ What? Their 2nd round pick?

Dude they aren't giving up Chubb.

I mean... I would have a little Chubb if we got a little Chubb.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The fans are now desperate for solutions. Very high possibility that Lynch will skip the Edge need in the first round and pick the BPA.

Very high possibility that this is nothing more than an assumption at this point.

We are so far out from the draft and having a better idea of what the top 10 will look like. We also have no idea as to what FA will bring.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by dj43:
Tanking is for fans.

Players play for their future.

Coaches coach for their future.

If any coach were to make a blatant move to ensure a loss and a better draft position, he would lose the support of the team. Especially a young team.

This

Guy

Gets

It.

It's really not hard to get. 99% of people saying they want to tank know the team will never purposely tank. In fact I would be pissed if KS purposely tanked. It's his job to win games.

Another DT
Very high possibility that this is nothing more than an assumption at this point.

We are so far out from the draft and having a better idea of what the top 10 will look like. We also have no idea as to what FA will bring.

We went from 100% picking Nick Bosa, to there being a high chance that we'll skip the need and draft BPA. It is no longer a sure thing anymore that we will solve the edge need in the offseason. Go in with low expectations.

We never had a shot at Bosa. We were never going to have the #1 pick bc of SOS.
  • evil
  • Veteran

We went from 100% picking Nick Bosa, to there being a high chance that we'll skip the need and draft BPA. It is no longer a sure thing anymore that we will solve the edge need in the offseason. Go in with low expectations.

If I were a betting man, I would put money on us adding 1-2 edge rushers in the off-season.

What a clown post. Of course they will address the need, and they have plenty players to choose from.
Share 49erswebzone