LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tanking?

Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Wonder if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick, if Denver would trade up for a QB? Perhaps we could swap 1st round picks, and get Chubb from them for moving down? Chubb becomes the edge rusher we need, and then with the pick we get from Denver, we could pick best player available. Still can't believe the Browns took that DB at 4 instead of Chubb. That DB has been good, but Chubb is putting up damn good numbers as a rookie.

LMAO...maybe in Madden.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Wonder if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick, if Denver would trade up for a QB? Perhaps we could swap 1st round picks, and get Chubb from them for moving down? Chubb becomes the edge rusher we need, and then with the pick we get from Denver, we could pick best player available. Still can't believe the Browns took that DB at 4 instead of Chubb. That DB has been good, but Chubb is putting up damn good numbers as a rookie.
He also has the benefit to be playing on the other side of von Miller lol
Ugh....I had to log on after years of being mainly a lurker to answer to this thread.

Guys! I totally get wanting to win this game and of course Kyle and the team should try 100% to win this game....doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Winning is great for chemistry, morale and whatnot but at the end of the day, we need a player like Bosa could have transformed this defense!

Posters on here who are saying f**k Bosa better not be complaining next year if we still have no pass rush and the guy is sacking Jimmy G all game against the Cardinals.

Yes, there are other edge rushers in the draft but we can't afford to blow this pick. We need a guy who is the closest thing to the sure thing and that's Bosa.

f**k the Seahawks. I'm happy we beat them, but they aren't so important to me that I will sacrafice the draft just to beat them. Some of you on here have really showed how much the Seahawks are in your heads.

Awesome win. Now it's time to come back to reality and realize that we ducked ourselves in the draft now.

God it's like we just jerked ourselves with that win and now came back to our senses after getting ourselves off! f**k!

I want superbowls! f**k this win.
[ Edited by OldShooldNiner on Dec 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

LMAO...maybe in Madden.

Swap picks, and send them BDN, for Chubb.....sigh...never happen
  • jcs
  • Veteran
So if Denver wants to move up with us so they can draft a QB, what do we give them to get Chubb? We give them our 1st round pick, they give us Chubb+ What? Their 2nd round pick?
So if Denver wants to move up with us so they can draft a QB, what do we give them to get Chubb? We give them our 1st round pick, they give us Chubb+ What? Their 2nd round pick?

Dude they aren't giving up Chubb.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by dj43:
Tanking is for fans.

Players play for their future.

Coaches coach for their future.

If any coach were to make a blatant move to ensure a loss and a better draft position, he would lose the support of the team. Especially a young team.

This

Guy

Gets

It.
Totally agree with both. I wanted a shot at Bosa, too, but no players on earth, as least none with any sort of pride, are going to lose a game to improve draft position. These guys work their asses off in a physically demanding and dangerous sport, then have to listen to how crappy they are in the media and online, and are then expected to purposely lose a game to maybe get a better player that will supplant one of them the following season? Hell, I couldn't tank if I were a player, or a coach. At this point in the season, only us fans are the "tankers". I think if Kyle wanted to tank, he never would have put Mullins in.

Have them throw in the big kid from Duke to the Warriors and it's a deal !
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Totally agree with both. I wanted a shot at Bosa, too, but no players on earth, as least none with any sort of pride, are going to lose a game to improve draft position. These guys work their asses off in a physically demanding and dangerous sport, then have to listen to how crappy they are in the media and online, and are then expected to purposely lose a game to maybe get a better player that will supplant one of them the following season? Hell, I couldn't tank if I were a player, or a coach. At this point in the season, only us fans are the "tankers". I think if Kyle wanted to tank, he never would have put Mullins in.

And Kyle wouldn't have called his best offensive game plan since being with the 49ers!

Looking at the reaction from the players and coaches in today's post game locker room celebration also proves that "tanking" is for "fans", this squad is playing their ass off right now.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude they aren't giving up Chubb.
Us fans will get a CHUBB if they actually did it though.
Originally posted by OldShooldNiner:
Ugh....I had to log on after years of being mainly a lurker to answer to this thread.

Guys! I totally get wanting to win this game and of course Kyle and the team should try 100% to win this game....doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Winning is great for chemistry, morale and whatnot but at the end of the day, we need a player like Bosa could have transformed this defense!

Posters on here who are saying f**k Bosa better not be complaining next year if we still have no pass rush and the guy is sacking Jimmy G all game against the Cardinals.

Yes, there are other edge rushers in the draft but we can't afford to blow this pick. We need a guy who is the closest thing to the sure thing and that's Bosa.

f**k the Seahawks. I'm happy we beat them, but they aren't so important to me that I will sacrafice the draft just to beat them. Some of you on here have really showed how much the Seahawks are in your heads.

Awesome win. Now it's time to come back to reality and realize that we ducked ourselves in the draft now.

God it's like we just jerked ourselves with that win and now came back to our senses after getting ourselves off! f**k!

I want superbowls! f**k this win.

I understand the sentiment, but look at the locker room video after the game, anyone who thinks the win is meaningless just needs to watch that.

I wanted Bosa, but that's the compensation if you can't win, if you can win, do it.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Dec 17, 2018 at 5:28 AM ]
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Yea because Reid,Ward,Garnett , AJ Jenkins , Armstead and Crabtree all turned out to be game changers.

None of those guys are #1 pick blue chippers. Bosa has a chance to be a game changer for this defense. Winning does no good for the 49ers at this point. We aren't drafting Crab, Armstead, Reid, Ward, Garnett, or AJ with the 1st or second pick, and some of those players are decent to good that you named, give me a break! That's a sad and pathetic argument for not tanking!!

yet here we are.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I have a bad feeling that we're going to win a game.

Think positive.

Edit
[ Edited by OldShooldNiner on Dec 17, 2018 at 6:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone