LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tanking?

Would you be opposed to this team just completely tanking in hopes of landing Bosa or Oliver?

Or do you want to see these guys rally around CJ and try to finish we a respectable record?
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:44 AM ]
don't need to tank intentionally. We will get the #1 pick regardless.

I predict people will watch 1 or 2 more weeks of CJ before jumping off a bridge and crying for Nick Mullens.
These players need to execute better, not tank. Once they recover from garoppolis-interuptus, they need to be ready to go!
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Sep 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
don't need to tank intentionally. We will get the #1 pick regardless.

I predict people will watch 1 or 2 more weeks of CJ before jumping off a bridge and crying for Nick Mullens.

This
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I'm not actively rooting for us to lose games, but if we lose enough we better get Bosa or Ferrell.
Fourth straight year!
if we lose the next 3 or 5 games in a row, then I'm rooting to tank. until then, we're 1-2, and still have a shot to do well. too early to call for tanking.
This just might be the perfect storm brewing for this team to get better. Bosa or Oliver would immediately upgrade our D. We could sure up our OL in FA and maybe add another weapon for Jimmy when he comes back.
This just might be the perfect storm brewing for this team to get better. Bosa or Oliver would immediately upgrade our D. We could sure up our OL in FA and maybe add another weapon for Jimmy when he comes back.

Originally posted by mutant-man49:

Still don't get why people want Oliver.

I get that he's arguably the best player in the draft. But we already have a 3T. His name is Buckner. Get a guy who can play edge.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Fourth straight year!

Hopefully we don't f**k it up this time
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

Still don't get why people want Oliver.

I get that he's arguably the best player in the draft. But we already have a 3T. His name is Buckner. Get a guy who can play edge.

Yeah I think it's funny that some of the same people who want Oliver are saying we have too many interior rushers. Oliver is a beast and he and Buckner would be pretty ridiculous but Bosa is the guy we should want to tank for. Plug and play player at edge.
Originally posted by SoCold:

they should've done that after halftime last game and thought of the longview plan....instead tried to stupidly claw back in KC and lost their QB
  • dj43
Nobody is going to tank.

First of all, these are professional players with their future on the line. If they fail here, especially if there is any suspicion of tanking, they won't get a job anywhere else.

Second, the last thing Kyle wants in what is only the 2nd year of the rebuilding process, is to give even the slightest hint of being willing to settle for anything less than the best from his players.

tanking.
Share 49ersWebzone