There are 122 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Wow that was a straight path to the point of contact. How the heck this guy fall to round 7?

He had injuries in college while playing at Texas and after some coaching changes there decided to transfer to Miami. There he was moved to CB as they were full at FS and only appeared in 7 games. So, teams didn't know much about him and with his injury history there was no way to know if he was for real. He started to get some buzz as a potential sleeper near the draft. https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-underrated-prospect-adrian-colbert-miami-fl-010817
Originally posted by jonnydel:
in case we needed any more proof Colbert is our FS of the future. Check out this break on the ball and closing speed. He's on the far hash and it's unbelievable this was ruled a catch. There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

AW stumbles turning his hips. A no no with 9 seconds left in the half......

AC!! Not many Safeties in the league that can cover that ground.
Wow that was a straight path to the point of contact. How the heck this guy fall to round 7?

No idea but thank you Adam Peters.
I would love to keep him on if lynch would be willing to transition to President to promote peters to gm.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

I would love to keep him on if lynch would be willing to transition to President to promote peters to gm.

That play by Colbert is no joke. I honestly think that is a special play he made similar to Willis chasing down a WR.
Originally posted by Joecool:

That play by Colbert is no joke. I honestly think that is a special play he made similar to Willis chasing down a WR.

No sh**, this was the reason I wanted Hooker so much, far hash to sideline ability is extremely rare, like Earl Thomas rare. Hooker would get there but wouldn't separate the ball, I think Hooker would come down with more INT's in our scheme, but a 7th rounder over a high 1st rounder

Colbert is the real deal
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

No sh**, this was the reason I wanted Hooker so much, far hash to sideline ability is extremely rare, like Earl Thomas rare. Hooker would get there but wouldn't separate the ball, I think Hooker would come down with more INT's in our scheme, but a 7th rounder over a high 1st rounder

Colbert is the real deal

Yeah, Colbert could very well be an Earl type. However, that hit gave me flashbacks of Kam laying the wood on Vernon a few years back
in case we needed any more proof Colbert is our FS of the future. Check out this break on the ball and closing speed. He's on the far hash and it's unbelievable this was ruled a catch. There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

wow

That was a catch doe.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I could be wrong, but it looks like the WR made the catch and made a "football move"; ie 2 steps, before Colbert took his soul.

Wow we have ourselves a player here no doubt

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I just hope that the team doesn't start drinking the Kool-Aid. They gotta keep their noses to the grindstone.

+1 Wish the whole team and coaching staff stay hungry to improve. We want to be Contenders not Pretenders!
Cutting Aaron Lynch will be a huge step in the right direction!

he's a FA, so no need to cut the fat.....

Yup! He's always good for at least one offsides penalty a game.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Wow we have ourselves a player here no doubt

Not only is he fast to cover that much real estate, he takes the correct angle to the ball and receiver.
There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

Yeah, even Jed came out of his self-imposed gametime twitter ban to complain about that one.

For my money I'm fine with that *being* a catch (and I'd even prefer that being a catch), but absolutely 100% agreed that according to the rules and the way they're called that should not be a catch.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

Yeah, even Jed came out of his self-imposed gametime twitter ban to complain about that one.

For my money I'm fine with that *being* a catch (and I'd even prefer that being a catch), but absolutely 100% agreed that according to the rules and the way they're called that should not be a catch.

what did he say? lol

Originally posted by Niners816:

any of you guys care to break this stuff down?

regarding his footwork. he seems to start off with his right foot back now before the snap, not his left like in the video
Share 49ersWebzone