There are 635 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I just hope that the team doesn't start drinking the Kool-Aid. They gotta keep their noses to the grindstone.

+1 Wish the whole team and coaching staff stay hungry to improve. We want to be Contenders not Pretenders!
Cutting Aaron Lynch will be a huge step in the right direction!

he's a FA, so no need to cut the fat.....

Yup! He's always good for at least one offsides penalty a game.
Originally posted by tohara3:
in case we needed any more proof Colbert is our FS of the future. Check out this break on the ball and closing speed. He's on the far hash and it's unbelievable this was ruled a catch. There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

AW stumbles turning his hips. A no no with 9 seconds left in the half......

Wow we have ourselves a player here no doubt

Not only is he fast to cover that much real estate, he takes the correct angle to the ball and receiver.
There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

Yeah, even Jed came out of his self-imposed gametime twitter ban to complain about that one.

For my money I'm fine with that *being* a catch (and I'd even prefer that being a catch), but absolutely 100% agreed that according to the rules and the way they're called that should not be a catch.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
There's no precedent in recent years for this being ruled a catch.

Yeah, even Jed came out of his self-imposed gametime twitter ban to complain about that one.

For my money I'm fine with that *being* a catch (and I'd even prefer that being a catch), but absolutely 100% agreed that according to the rules and the way they're called that should not be a catch.

what did he say? lol

Originally posted by thl408:

Originally posted by Niners816:

any of you guys care to break this stuff down?

regarding his footwork. he seems to start off with his right foot back now before the snap, not his left like in the video
The 7th rounder that got the Niners Colbert came via a trade. Wasn't an original Niners 7th round pick lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The 7th rounder that got the Niners Colbert came via a trade. Wasn't an original Niners 7th round pick lol

We've had some steals in the 7th from Bruce Miller to Trenton Brown to AC now. Who's next?
  • thl408
Originally posted by defenderDX:

regarding his footwork. he seems to start off with his right foot back now before the snap, not his left like in the video

thl, you're going to love this:

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

I thought this was basic DB coaching/technique? If "most teams" (including the Niners) are teaching the opposite, that is ridiculous.

• thl408

Do you know who was talking in that video? I love reading stuff from James Light, until he made his blog private. I'll give him a follow. Didn't know he was on twitter.

kind of related, did you see the first play in the ATL vs PHI game? Foles severely underthrew the deep pass and was rewarded when Torrey Smith slowed down and had the CB run into him - 42 yard PI penalty.
[ Edited by thl408 on Jan 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM ]

anything about the video in general you like or find interesting?
  • thl408
When coach is talking "plant 5" hes referring to the back foot's position (5 o clock). "you moved 5 two times in a row" (at :08 second mark when JG plants at 5, then picks his foot up and re-plant at 5). He's working on reducing unnecessary movement when throwing to his left.
[ Edited by thl408 on Jan 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM ]

I like how they're working on shortening all motion and compacting the footwork to speed everything up. It's like when I'm teaching guitar and bass I teach my students to lift their fingers as minimally off the fretboard as they can to learn to keep everything as close as possible to keep speed up.

Same idea. It makes me happy because CK's release and footwork never improved in this area. He always elongated everything in his throwing motion.
Originally posted by Furlow:

I thought this was basic DB coaching/technique? If "most teams" (including the Niners) are teaching the opposite, that is ridiculous.

Yeah, we were taught in high school to attack through the receivers arms when out of phase. But, you do see a lotnof teams DB's look like they're hacking down in arms in this position.
Share 49ersWebzone