LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This was the 49ers only win against the NFCW and it was against LAR's 2nd and 3rd teamers, so they still have work to do to close the gap in the division; although certain teams may be moving back to the pack (AZ & SEA).
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The play at the end of the half where Marsh was credited with a sack and forced fumble (???) Buckner absolutely whipped his man at the LOS and actually got to Mannion before Marsh. Beautiful to watch.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
This was the 49ers only win against the NFCW and it was against LAR's 2nd and 3rd teamers, so they still have work to do to close the gap in the division; although certain teams may be moving back to the pack (AZ & SEA).

It's going to be a dogfight between LA Rams and the 49ers next year. Cardinals with so many retirement issues, I don't think will be a big factor, and with all the Seadderall players injured and aging, Seadderall will be going downhill I hope next year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I just hope that the team doesn't start drinking the Kool-Aid. They gotta keep their noses to the grindstone.

+1 Wish the whole team and coaching staff stay hungry to improve. We want to be Contenders not Pretenders!
Cutting Aaron Lynch will be a huge step in the right direction!

he's a FA, so no need to cut the fat.....

Very good point!
The rams should switch to the old school blue and yellow full time
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I'm curious why you're calling this a "poor" performance, other than the two INT's (which I agree weren't terrible throws), what was bad about his performance?
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
On the next drive we open up with a nice gainer. W. Phillips doesn't like being too predictable and likes to mix up what the opposing QB sees from drive to drive.

On this play they show a single high safety. But, their alignment gives away the play. We motion Hyde out of the backfield and the corner follows out, revealing zone coverage. However, the OLB shows coverage over Kittle but that doesn't make sense. There's no way the OLB is in coverage with the LB as well on that side. That puts 3 defenders on 2 receivers on that side with 3 receivers vs 2 defenders on the other. That's not the way these plays are drawn up. The only way that happens is if LA goes 8 man-coverage. The OLB on the 2 receiver side starts creeping up too soon and gives away his blitz.

The LB over the middle messes up. He thinks he's covering the middle of the field but I think that was supposed to be the OLB's area, that and JG, seeing the blitz looks left first to move the defense. Kittle also dials down and knows he's the hot receiver so he immediately turns to look for the pass.

Jimmy, after looking off the defense hits Kittle.

Great ball placement.

As a longtime fan living outside of America I really appreciate these analysis of plays.
Thanks jonny
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm curious why you're calling this a "poor" performance, other than the two INT's (which I agree weren't terrible throws), what was bad about his performance?

Throwing 2 picks against a team playing almost all backups isn't enough for it to be considered a poor performance? He also missed badly on a few passes and threw one into the dirt. I don't personally think it was a poor performance since we still put up 30+ pts and 450+ yards of offense, but I can see why people would say it wasn't his best.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JFG49ers:

Throwing 2 picks against a team playing almost all backups isn't enough for it to be considered a poor performance? He also missed badly on a few passes and threw one into the dirt. I don't personally think it was a poor performance since we still put up 30+ pts and 450+ yards of offense, but I can see why people would say it wasn't his best.

It wasn't "almost all backups," and the INT's were explained. But okay. Lol
There was no issues hanging with them in the first meeting, and that was with Hoyer

No need to makes excuses for him. People are way too quick to be defensive. It's not impossible for Jimmy to have a relatively "bad" game. Apart from the picks he had a few bad missed throws. Particularly the deep ones.

Just because he has a "bad" game, and I emphasize the "" marks here, doesn't mean he's a bad QB.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I just hope that the team doesn't start drinking the Kool-Aid. They gotta keep their noses to the grindstone.

+1 Wish the whole team and coaching staff stay hungry to improve. We want to be Contenders not Pretenders!
Cutting Aaron Lynch will be a huge step in the right direction!

We wont have to worry about him any longer. He is a Free Agent and wont be re-signed back. Shanahan and Lynch are all about prove you wanna be here or else, Bye Felicia!!
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for jonnydel.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

No need to makes excuses for him. People are way too quick to be defensive. It's not impossible for Jimmy to have a relatively "bad" game. Apart from the picks he had a few bad missed throws. Particularly the deep ones.

Just because he has a "bad" game, and I emphasize the "" marks here, doesn't mean he's a bad QB.

I was meaning, if this is his floor, that's great. It was poor in the sense that he wasn't as sharp as the other games. Missed some throws he was spot in before. He's good enough to where the plays he misses stand out instead if his positive plays standing out.

For what is worth.... They only say 3 players I believe..
  • thl408
jd, if you get a chance, can you show the big hit by Colbert at the end of the half? I'd like to see his reaction and angle. Apparently Gamepass doesn't work out of country. No worries if it's not on the list. I can check it out once I get home. Man that was a big hit.
Share 49ersWebzone