LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 297 users in the forums

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Originally posted by REALISTIC:
OK then how about his on the field play? The defenses have an answer, where is the play to counter that?

Like I said, Kap struggles with consistently going through his progressions and not taking the checkdown when it's there, he stares down the pass rush once his first read isn't open. Only more experience and coaching will make him better at this. He's going to struggle from time to time, something we have to deal with.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lmao

we need a separate category of niner fans who think kaps failures is due to his "sideline behavior".

just can't make this s**t up

I had to turn off KNBR yesterday when someone mentioned that.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SF9er05:
Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of us mention the lack of slant patterns, but a few are run. The route I never see is utilized is the crossing route. Honest question, when was the last time the 49ers completed a crossing route? Any idea why they never run crossing routes? It seems like a high percentage play with possible RAC.

they ran one sunday the first one I have seen this year however it was called back they called a pick on Anquan

That was one of those anointed reciever plays where everyone blocked for Ham. I suppose that counts, but I meant a crossing route as part of a play with multiple possible reads. I just cannot remember a time this season that has happened. Especially when counting just the wide receivers position.
Was Kaep the 6th QB taken in the draft for a reason? Sure the hell is looking like it. I know our receivers aren't great but we have had a MUCH MUCH WORSE group of receivers on this team in years past with worse quarterbacks who were still able to put up 200 yards passing a game consistently. Trading Alex and keeping Krappernick has turned out to be a sh*t decision.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Was Kaep the 6th QB taken in the draft for a reason? Sure the hell is looking like it. I know our receivers aren't great but we have had a MUCH MUCH WORSE group of receivers on this team in years past with worse quarterbacks who were still able to put up 200 yards passing a game consistently. Trading Alex and keeping Krappernick has turned out to be a sh*t decision.

we also didnt have greg roman calling plays...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

That's right we had Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler. Those guys were just as bad if not worse. Roman's offense is offensive I admit that. But Kaep ultimately is the one missing receivers by either throwing inaccurate passes, poor reads, or just not pulling the trigger at the right time, and making poor choices. Not all Kaep's fault, but he deserves a huge chunk of the blame. That's what happens when you're the QB.

That's right we had Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler. Those guys were just as bad if not worse. Roman's offense is offensive I admit that. But Kaep ultimately is the one missing receivers by either throwing inaccurate passes, poor reads, or just not pulling the trigger at the right time, and making poor choices. Not all Kaep's fault, but he deserves a huge chunk of the blame. That's what happens when you're the QB.

they may have been bad but they were actually passing game/offensive coordinators not run game professionals like roman. i dont hate roman that much but i do think hes a huge reason our passing game sucks, its just not his thing. kap misses some stuff but our oline and receivers arent really helping either

they may have been bad but they were actually passing game/offensive coordinators not run game professionals like roman. i dont hate roman that much but i do think hes a huge reason our passing game sucks, its just not his thing. kap misses some stuff but our oline and receivers arent really helping either

Agreed. We're all watching the same games. I think we can all also agree that there is a legitimate concern for offense and that the current play will cause us to either miss the postseason or get rolled in the wildcard. It's a shame that our team with arguably one of the deepest rosters in football can't compete with good teams because of our offense and the defense has to suffer because of it.

I guess that one's on Harbaugh. He brought him in and he's sticking with him.

Agreed. We're all watching the same games. I think we can all also agree that there is a legitimate concern for offense and that the current play will cause us to either miss the postseason or get rolled in the wildcard. It's a shame that our team with arguably one of the deepest rosters in football can't compete with good teams because of our offense and the defense has to suffer because of it.

passing game s definitely the bottleneck. they need to get more creative with the playcalling. another reason our line looked so bad against carolina was VD went out of the game. he bails them out a lot and is a great blocker. with him back we will get it done against the saints i think. our leaders need to step up and talk to the coaches about playcalling tho. they have to realize whats going on as well

Originally posted by REALISTIC:

I guess that one's on Harbaugh. He brought him in and he's sticking with him.

He is the head coach and he's sitting back and letting it happen.

passing game s definitely the bottleneck. they need to get more creative with the playcalling. another reason our line looked so bad against carolina was VD went out of the game. he bails them out a lot and is a great blocker. with him back we will get it done against the saints i think. our leaders need to step up and talk to the coaches about playcalling tho. they have to realize whats going on as well

There's no way the leaders on this team haven't said anything to the coaching staff.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL....this. People are stupid if they are blaming this all on Kaepernick. That pass was absolutely perfect, he couldn't have walked down the field and handed the ball off to him any better. Is it Kaepernick's fault that Carolina was beating down the offensive line like a bunch of ugly red-headed stepchildren? He spent half the time running for his life. Seeing that Carolina was bringing the heat, was Kaepernick the one calling long-developing passes, 7 step drops instead of utilizing slants and screens to back off an aggressive defense?

I'm amazed that after watching this offense since 2011, people still can't seem the common link for all this teams struggles. The playcalling on offense is not up to par for the NFL, it might work for college football but good defenses are sniffing it out and jumping all over it. The problem is that these guys find something that works, and then they beat it to death, continuing to run it long after defenses have adapted. The constant use of the read option when it has rarely been effective this season is puzzling as hell. The lack of flow, rhyme or reason to the offensive gamecalling has been scandalous.

How many more games do people have to watch, how many more horrible performances against good defenses will it take before something clicks. You want a new QB, f**k it, get a new QB, this offense will still be s**t, 100% guaranteed as long as Roman is around.

As long as you end up with only 1 or 2 actual targets on most passing routes, this is what the offense will continue to look like against better teams, as long as the playcalling continues to be utterly predictable and the team fails to utilize all its various weapons, this is the best you can expect, solid beatdowns against lousy teams, particularly those who can't stop the run, and awful performances against good defenses.

No more needs to be said.

Gotta be dumber about football that pig dung for somebody to not recognize it.
Although maybe there is one more thing. Some of this is the offense Harbaugh was familiar with when he was qb for the colts.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Although maybe there is one more thing. Some of this is the offense Harbaugh was familiar with when he was qb for the colts.

Definitely some Lindy Infante influence, the long dropbacks, long-developing pass plays, very Lindy like. Combine that with the offense he ran at Michigan and you see the foundation for Harbaugh's offense, it has little to do with the WCO.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone