There are 236 users in the forums

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

I would answer all of the above in descending order beginning with the O line. Toss guys are the best run blocking line in the league, but near the bottom in pass blocking. Been that way since they've been together. Roman's inability to realize that and call the plays that play to their weaknesses is second. And, sorry fellas, Kaepernick is NOT a QB that can put the team on his back when things aren't working. Lack of receivers is merely a cop out at this point in the season.
Kaep having no touch on his passes, all just bullets lol
Kaepernick can't see any more than 1 and only 1 WR or TE. Then he puts his head straight down to the ground, stops looking downfield, ignores option 2, 3, 4 and tries to run. Which is far less effective this year because D have guys watching for the Kaep run.

At this point he's really useless.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Kaepernick's inability to win close games? You should've just stopped with "Kaepernick", because that's the root of our problems. His accuracy and decision making is the problem.
we should have signed Manning
I bet Alex is laughing at us right about now.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I bet Alex is laughing at us right about now.

He may have the last laugh indeed. It's sure looking like it right now.
I'd say it starts up front with the O-line...but I've seen this from Kap all season. He constantly locks on to one guy, throws lasers with no touch (besides that beautiful Mcdonald dropped), and he just hasn't been that good.. Even when the O-line gives him time he still doesn't find the open man. Yes the WR's are below average but damn... This has been pathetic all season.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This defense + Manning wins the Super Bowl. Maybe 2 years in a row. This QB. 1 and done in the playoffs as a wild card. Maybe we won't even make the playoffs as crazy as it sounds. If all we can muster is 92 yards passing I could see losing a lot more games.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I believe Kaep is the anti Joe Montana which is not good.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This defense + Manning wins the Super Bowl. Maybe 2 years in a row. This QB. 1 and done in the playoffs as a wild card. Maybe we won't even make the playoffs as crazy as it sounds. If all we can muster is 92 yards passing I could see losing a lot more games.

we signed Alex Smith instead
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Yeah. McDonald would have totally caught the ball had Kaep payed it in his bread basket... Oh wait.

Vance has small hands
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think its passing concepts/Greg Roman. Whoever designs or is in charge of passing (prob the WR coach) needs to be fired or put on notice. I feel Harbaugh is too loyal to do that. Somebody needs to be held accountable though. When we were getting pressured we never adjusted. No shallow crosses or quick slants. Our passing design is terrible.
The WRs are terrible.

We do not throw the ball down filed because Kap doesn't trust the WRs and Roman doesn't call effective passing plays.
We built this team around Gore. The entire OLine is a bunch of mauling run blockers. Can't do squat in pass protection.
Share 49ersWebzone