Shop 49ers game tickets
Can he take a hand off though?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He's too big and monstrous for this team smh
He must work out
  • Jiks
Generational talent.
Had 9ers drafted him he'd probably be like Hurd.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If we had drafted DK people would be calling him a bust cause our QB doesn't throw vertical routes outside the numbers.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If we had drafted DK people would be calling him a bust cause our QB doesn't throw vertical routes outside the numbers.

That too
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

so true

Yup.
If Jimmy can't throw a pass to a wide open guy running down the sidelines I'm not sure we'd be calling Metcalf the bust.

TO clone
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If Jimmy can't throw a pass to a wide open guy running down the sidelines I'm not sure we'd be calling Metcalf the bust.

Jimmy is missing wide open guys of all shapes and sizes this season. We see it every week on the tape. Also, he's also never thrown a good deep ball, which is where Metcalf shines the most. Another issue is Kyle's philosophy. I don't know if Kyle would attack teams vertically if he had a QB like Wilson. Maybe he prefers a focus on the horizontal attack.

Metcalf would not be seeing the same type of production as a 49er that he's seeing in Seattle. This offense isn't built that way nor is the QB that type of thrower. Hard reality for fans around here.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Jimmy is missing wide open guys of all shapes and sizes this season. We see it every week on the tape. Also, he's also never thrown a good deep ball, which is where Metcalf shines the most. Another issue is Kyle's philosophy. I don't know if Kyle would attack teams vertically if he had a QB like Wilson. Maybe he prefers a focus on the horizontal attack.

Metcalf would not be seeing the same type of production as a 49er that he's seeing in Seattle. This offense isn't built that way nor is the QB that type of thrower. Hard reality for fans around here.

I know that but that makes him the bust not DK. DK isn't just getting all of his yards on deep balls. I seem to recall him taking a 46 yard in/ dig whatever to the house today. He'd still produce here to know he's not the issue and it's pretty funny that people think Shanny, the offensive genius, can't scheme for an elite talent. That's why great coordinators often fail as head coaches. They buy too much into themselves.

But that horizontal passing attack. So much better than Wilson, Metcalf and Lockette.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 1, 2020 at 7:14 PM ]
This guy is a beast.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
TO clone

f**k. You might be right. And he is in our division with Wilson. Gonna suck going against this guy 2 times a year. We will need to draft a physical CB to match up on him.
Share 49ersWebzone