Donte Moncrief WR

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
3yrs $15mill + incentives let's go!

"I think Richardson is likely to easily clear the 5-year, $31M deal that the Detroit Lions gave to Golden Tate. In fact, that could probably be used as a floor from which to start. Between Richardson's speed, his development as a receiver over the past year, the continued increase in the salary cap and the associated capflation, I will not be surprised if Richardson exceeds the recent 5-year, $40M contracts that players like Torrey Smith and Marvin Jones have signed in recent seasons. There is currently slated to be well over a billion dollars of salary cap space available to teams for 2018, with the six most cap space flush teams alone looking at having over a half a billion dollars in available cap space."

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/29/16709188/seahawks-paul-richardson-contract-extension-comps-baldwin-tate-jones-sanu-wallace-torrey

I think he's talking about Donte Moncrief.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-stats/0ap3000000916404/Next-Gen-Stats-Evaluating-Garoppolo-s-2017-season

Hellz yeah!!

IMO I just think Paul Richardson would be a very good complement to Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor with his speed and route running.

I got full confidence that Jimmy g and Kyle would bring the best outta Moncrief or Paul. Moncrief is my pick but I wouldn't complain at all about us grabbing Paul.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-stats/0ap3000000916404/Next-Gen-Stats-Evaluating-Garoppolo-s-2017-season

Hellz yeah!!

IMO I just think Paul Richardson would be a very good complement to Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor with his speed and route running.

I got full confidence that Jimmy g and Kyle would bring the best outta Moncrief or Paul. Moncrief is my pick but I wouldn't complain at all about us grabbing Paul.

Paul would be s great signing also because he's an excellent returner too. Kyle would have a field day using him and Goodwin on the field at the same time.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Paul would be s great signing also because he's an excellent returner too. Kyle would have a field day using him and Goodwin on the field at the same time.

He hasn't really been a returner in the NFL.

The issue with him, I think, is I'm not really sure what area he excels in that the 9ers don't already have. He's not a slot a guy, and I don't see how he improves on Garcon or Quise (I think Quise surprised everyone last year by being more than just a deep threat, and by being able to do what Richardson does too).

He'd be an obvious upgrade over Bourne, but I don't see that as a big enough need to outlay the salary he'll command. It's admittedly splitting hairs a bit, but Moncrief is a similar player with a similar injury history who is closer to being the big bodied receiver the 9ers don't have (he's two inches taller and 30 pounds heavier). I'd also *guess* he's going to command less money than Richardson will, as Richardson is coming off his best season and Moncrief isn't.
I'd MUCH rather have Moncrief than Richardson and if he's cheaper that's a bigger bonus.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'd MUCH rather have Moncrief than Richardson and if he's cheaper that's a bigger bonus.

yeah richardson's injury past is pretty concerning
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

To be fair. Moncrief has a bad injury history too. Another reason he comes at a discount.

Absolutely. I don't even think it's that close. Moncrief is a bigger and better player. Richardson is a #4, maybe #3 WR at best and has had some major injury issues. Moncrief is clean and still has a big upside IMO.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

The issue with him, I think, is I'm not really sure what area he excels in that the 9ers don't already have. He's not a slot a guy, and I don't see how he improves on Garcon or Quise (I think Quise surprised everyone last year by being more than just a deep threat, and by being able to do what Richardson does too).

He'd be an obvious upgrade over Bourne, but I don't see that as a big enough need to outlay the salary he'll command. It's admittedly splitting hairs a bit, but Moncrief is a similar player with a similar injury history who is closer to being the big bodied receiver the 9ers don't have (he's two inches taller and 30 pounds heavier). I'd also *guess* he's going to command less money than Richardson will, as Richardson is coming off his best season and Moncrief isn't.

You're absolutely right...got him mixed up. Yes, Is prefer Moncrief because of the type of receiver he is. We could always keep Robinson for that specialty package/role.

To be fair. Moncrief has a bad injury history too. Another reason he comes at a discount.

true but richardson has torn his ACL twice. Chances that thing rips again is highly likely. Richardson is a much higher risk

true but richardson has torn his ACL twice. Chances that thing rips again is highly likely. Richardson is a much higher risk

Yea no doubt about him being a higher risk. For a WR, I'll take shoulder injuries over ACL injuries.

Yea no doubt about him being a higher risk. For a WR, I'll take shoulder injuries over ACL injuries.

True dat
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

You're absolutely right...got him mixed up. Yes, Is prefer Moncrief because of the type of receiver he is. We could always keep Robinson for that specialty package/role.

Robinson is dead to me lol. Cut his ass and put the 2 mill towards another WR. I don't care if it's Decker or preferably Gabriel for 5 mill. Ofcourse wouldn't mind Moncrief on a 6 mill deal.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Robinson is dead to me lol. Cut his ass and put the 2 mill towards another WR. I don't care if it's Decker or preferably Gabriel for 5 mill. Ofcourse wouldn't mind Moncrief on a 6 mill deal.

Robinson's role is perfect for a rookie, let's draft one (Anthony Miller, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Daeshon Hamilton, D.J. Chark or Dante Pettis) and let them compete and groom to be Garçon's replacement.

The only free agent WR who makes any sense to us is Allen Robinson, and I'm scared of the salary against the injury.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah time to move on from Robinson, he did a bunch of nothing. Honestly I don't think it would cost $6 million to get Moncrief (unless you're talking about a multi-year deal) at this point I'd rather just draft a guy in the mid rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone