There are 256 users in the forums

Donte Moncrief WR

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hear a lot of chatter on here about how Donte Moncrief would be a good affordable pick up. He's 6'2" 212lbs and hasn't lived up to his potential from college at Ole Miss. Feel free to share thoughts and any news concerning this player!
Yup for me he was behind Robinson on WRs I'd like the niners to sign, when Luck played he was much better, he shouldn't cost more then 5-6 million a year I'd think, would be great to sign him and draft a WR like Ateman or Tate to develop and take over for Garcon in a couple years..
Aggressively prudent Shanalynch motto would make this guy a real possibility if they do want to sign a WR.
He's a body catcher. He doesn't extend with his hands, so it completely negates his size.
He's my favorite pick for WR in fa. Low risk high reward. He'd be a perfect fit. And great value since he shouldn't be expensive.

When him and Luck are both healthy. That's his favorite red zone target. Says a lot.
Originally posted by daragon:
He's a body catcher. He doesn't extend with his hands, so it completely negates his size.

another vernon davis

I remember this being one of my biggest gripes with Moncrief during the draft process. Garcon plays bigger and more physical than Moncrief.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 20, 2018 at 9:56 PM ]

I don't think he's a body catcher. That's just luck dropping it right in the bread basket or hitting him right on the chest. He made jump ball catches when he needed to. If he had a qb like Eli who overthrows it, you'd see a lot more jump ball catches.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I remember this being one of my biggest gripes with Moncrief during the draft process. Garcon plays bigger and more physical than Moncrief.

That's a big reason he's so inconsistent. One second looks like a monster. Next second you forget he's even playing. His speed and separation I could see Kyle loving though .
Remember the chatter about Goodwin before coming here?

I like Moncriefs potential in this offense.

Moncreif would be an absolute redzone stud in this offense, and i believe he is only 24. He is one of the better complements to what we already have thats available in this offseason.

I have been pushing for us to bring him in if available all offseason, and i really hope we do.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Moncrief has good size, I wouldn't mind him as our WR1.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Moncrief has good size, I wouldn't mind him as our WR1.

Maybe we help him reach the potential. Garcon and Goodwin would be great mentors. We know Trent Taylor is a great team mate too.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

I don't think he's a body catcher. That's just luck dropping it right in the bread basket or hitting him right on the chest. He made jump ball catches when he needed to. If he had a qb like Eli who overthrows it, you'd see a lot more jump ball catches.

Just go back and watch his tape. He constantly allowed the ball into his chest, rather than reaching out and grabbing it at its high point. He's not confident in his hands. At this point, I'm not sure that ever changes. If rather get a big body in the draft who uses their hands. Ateman has been brought up and he is a good example of a hands catcher.

Exactly. Might as well be 5'6"
Share 49ersWebzone