Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 734 users in the forums

The Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
it hasnt been proven that brooks assaulted that woman and it definitely seems like the whole bruce miller thing was blown way out of proportion. So what...he broke his GF's cell phone. Pushing your GF shouldnt be worth a suspension unless its down a flight of stairs or into shark infested waters. But seriously look how big he is and how little she is. he probably barely pushed her and she went flying. Not saying it wasnt bad but definitely not worth a suspension.

Also Hardy...nothing was proven yet he got suspended (even though we all knew he was probably guilty haha)

What about Frank Clark...i havent heard anything on him getting any suspension for beating the sh*t out of his ex girlfriend. Pretty much the same case as hardy but yet there were witnesses

Politics ... And we are the NFL's fall guys
Judge to the commish "Hey Roger, here hold this L."
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Sep 3, 2015 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Judge to the commish "Hey Roger, here hold this L."

Now, I'm not sure what their odds are on the appeal, but there's a possibility that if the NFL appeals this(which they've done), and it will take some time, that if the appeal court overturns this judge's ruling and reinstates the suspension, it could blow up in the Patriots faces with Brady's suspension being reenacted late in the season.
When Goodell was elected by owners to be commissioner, he said his main purpose was to protect the shield. Since he's been running things, he has done anything but. In fact he has severely tarnished it.

His days are numbered.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,192
Nfl filed a appeal
Originally posted by NONAME:
Nfl filed a appeal

he's making a joke of this league now. get rid of this idiot already
  • Stud
  • Member
  • Posts: 5,264
Wasn't this a situation where the NFL gave Brady a 4 game suspension because he "might have known"? What kind of bulls--t is that? This seems like a situation where Warden Goodell is making a big deal out of this because he's trying to take the focus off himself with the Ray Rice debacle.
  • Stud
  • Member
  • Posts: 5,264
Originally posted by captveg:
Goodell went overboard compared to the evidence they actually had, and now he's paying for that hubris. So, IMO, Goodell can eat a dick on this one, and I will simply LOL.

To me, this isn't at all the same as a suspension for legal issues off the field. Those are pretty clear cut incidents with only the severity of suspensions being questionable at times. For Deflategate they had zero actual evidence that Brady ordered the code red, and yet they tried to hang the guy for that. I'm sorry, but you need to actual prove that someone cheated before suspending them, IMO. They did it backwards, and now Goodell and the league looks completely foolish.

Agreed. This league is becoming a joke. With the refs throwing 90 flags a game and now you can't touch a QB, this league is start to suck.
So I'm aware that I will see things with Blue and Green tinted glasses. I kind of wish Brady got some suspension. Just curious what most of you felt regarding this?
Originally posted by NONAME:
Nfl filed a appeal

Now imagine if the appeals court overturns the original judge and now its like Week 14 and Brady's suspension starts immediately.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Judge to the commish "Hey Roger, here hold this L."

Now, I'm not sure what their odds are on the appeal, but there's a possibility that if the NFL appeals this(which they've done), and it will take some time, that if the appeal court overturns this judge's ruling and reinstates the suspension, it could blow up in the Patriots faces with Brady's suspension being reenacted late in the season.

I agree with you on that. If Im Bellicheat, Id be as prepared as possible for such an outcome. Its a win for the time being.

I wonder what their schedule looks like by say week 12-13? If its easier and they have a spot locked up, they may fair ok w the back up in. Time will tell.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
So I'm aware that I will see things with Blue and Green tinted glasses. I kind of wish Brady got some suspension. Just curious what most of you felt regarding this?

I believe it was much ado about nothing. That it became "deflate-gate" is startling, comical, sad, etc. At most the NFL should have levied a fine against Brady.

The NFL taking this to the level in which they did, forced Brady to take it to court. They pushed it too far.

I can see why you would be unhappy as a hawks fan, I would hate the Patriots if the 49ers had lost to them in a Super Bowl.

The truth is Brady had nothing to do with your guys not running the ball in as everyone knows they should have.

Somehow I imagine if the Seahawks had repeated, you wouldn't care about Brady, and would be laughing about it all.
Oh Goodell. Just let it go, man!
Just saw Shefty on Sportscenter, he mentioned it could be 2 years before the appeal is heard. Lol Brady could retire by then.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone