LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 225 users in the forums

The Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by baltien:
Right! Maybe everyone does cheat but that's irrelevant because YOU got caught. That's what pisses me off about him. To me, he seems more offended that anyone would dare question him than he is upset that he got suspended.

Man up and admit it, punk.

Did you ever think that he actually didn't do anything wrong and doesn't want to admit it just to put it behind him?

Someone made a nice analogy in regards to this. If you got pulled over for speeding and got a $1000 ticket...and you weren't speeding would you just pay the ticket and not fight it?

Once again what proof has there been that he wanted those balls lowered below the legal limit? The only texts about him mentioning specific PSI levels he asks for it to be at the legal level...on the lower side of it but at the legal limit.

Brady destroyed his phone - which the NFL didn't say they needed.
One of the guys called himself the deflator - which means what? You can deflate the ball to the lower LEGAL limit.

It's silly to just sit back and claim "Just admit what you did" when you have no idea what happened and there is 0 proof that he actually asked for those balls to be deflated below the legal limit.

If the NFL wanted to actually prove there was tampering with the footballs they would've gone out of their way to get proper measurements right before the first half started in that game. They waited til the 2nd half...after a half of football was played in cold/wet conditions. Only one ball(despite the early incorrect report) was significantly lower than the legal level and even that was only like 2 PSI levels...not like it was flat.

Don't just buy what the NFL is feeding you and get caught up with the irrelevant headlines they threw out there to confuse the public.

If this wasn't the NFL and it was a normal court and Brady was accused of a normal crime this would've been thrown out of courts long ago. All the evidence is speculation and awful investigation by the NFL from day 1.

They tested PSI levels during random games this past season...did you see any of the findings? I can guarantee you if those findings made the Pats/Brady look worse they would've been all over ESPN.

I can't stand Roger Goodell after all the BS he did with us and that Lance Briggs tampering case and this is a total power trip/smear campaign and it's embarrassing that they would do that to one of the best players to ever play the game without any real proof.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't see why Brady just doesn't come clean. At this point, it's obvious that at a minimum he knew what was going on.

Just fess up.

it will tarnish his legacy. To me, he's a cheating f**ker, but to many, Brady cannot do no wrong.

Right! Maybe everyone does cheat but that's irrelevant because YOU got caught. That's what pisses me off about him. To me, he seems more offended that anyone would dare question him than he is upset that he got suspended.

Man up and admit it, punk.

He's used to getting what he wants. Not this time Tom Baby.
it will tarnish his legacy. To me, he's a cheating f**ker, but to many, Brady cannot do no wrong.

Is Jerry Rice a cheating f**ker too?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yes, everyone in the NFL are "cheating f**kers" ... except Joe Montana and Barry Sanders

Remember, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"
Originally posted by genus49:
Did you ever think that he actually didn't do anything wrong and doesn't want to admit it just to put it behind him?

Someone made a nice analogy in regards to this. If you got pulled over for speeding and got a $1000 ticket...and you weren't speeding would you just pay the ticket and not fight it?

Once again what proof has there been that he wanted those balls lowered below the legal limit? The only texts about him mentioning specific PSI levels he asks for it to be at the legal level...on the lower side of it but at the legal limit.

One of the guys called himself the deflator - which means what? You can deflate the ball to the lower LEGAL limit.

It's silly to just sit back and claim "Just admit what you did" when you have no idea what happened and there is 0 proof that he actually asked for those balls to be deflated below the legal limit.

If the NFL wanted to actually prove there was tampering with the footballs they would've gone out of their way to get proper measurements right before the first half started in that game. They waited til the 2nd half...after a half of football was played in cold/wet conditions. Only one ball(despite the early incorrect report) was significantly lower than the legal level and even that was only like 2 PSI levels...not like it was flat.

Don't just buy what the NFL is feeding you and get caught up with the irrelevant headlines they threw out there to confuse the public.

If this wasn't the NFL and it was a normal court and Brady was accused of a normal crime this would've been thrown out of courts long ago. All the evidence is speculation and awful investigation by the NFL from day 1.

They tested PSI levels during random games this past season...did you see any of the findings? I can guarantee you if those findings made the Pats/Brady look worse they would've been all over ESPN.

I can't stand Roger Goodell after all the BS he did with us and that Lance Briggs tampering case and this is a total power trip/smear campaign and it's embarrassing that they would do that to one of the best players to ever play the game without any real proof.

Please. Do you really believe he normally referred to the equipment handling guy as "The Deflator" because be lost weight? And once the league said they'd need his phone he coincidentally decided to upgrade and destroy the old one?

At a minimum, Brady's behvaior looks mighty suspicious and (not coinidentally, IMO) makes it look like he has something to hide.

What would happen were this a crime is irrelevant. The players union agreed to the CBA, so Goodell is well within his rights to suspend Brady. And if we're being honest, what Brady did directly affected the integrity of the game.

A four game suspension is getting off lightly if you ask me.

Is Jerry Rice a cheating f**ker too?

yeah, errbody cheats
Please. Do you really believe he normally referred to the equipment handling guy as "The Deflator" because be lost weight? And once the league said they'd need his phone he coincidentally decided to upgrade and destroy the old one?

At a minimum, Brady's behvaior looks mighty suspicious and (not coinidentally, IMO) makes it look like he has something to hide.

What would happen were this a crime is irrelevant. The players union agreed to the CBA, so Goodell is well within his rights to suspend Brady. And if we're being honest, what Brady did directly affected the integrity of the game.

May want to get your facts straight.

1. Brady never referred to the equipment guy as "The Deflator" that was the term McNally used for himself. Once again deflating a football to the legal level is still deflating the football...but it's still legal. So why is it the only mentions from Brady himself about PSI levels have him asking for them to be legal levels but you're cool just making the assumption because some nobody called himself the deflator that means Brady knowingly kept asking for the balls to be below the legal limit?

2. When did the league tell him they needed his phone? NEVER is the correct answer. They asked for him to hand over via his lawyer all relevant text/email info which he provided them. If you recall this information was provided to the NFL along with other non relevant info...and as a surprise no nobody they leaked that info including the Peyton Manning email which Brady had to apologize for. And you don't get why he didn't want to hand the actual phone to the NFL?

And a 4 game suspension is getting off lightly for that? Are you chitting me? The team lost two early round draft picks and got fined a large sum of money for an infraction which has like a $200k fine or something like that when there's real proof.

Basically NFL has less proof on Pats/Brady than they had on two teams which were shown on national television heating up footballs(which in the rules is the same violation as deflating/overinflating the balls) but because Brady destroyed his old phone which the NFL didn't physically want...they threw the book at them?

And you can sit here and think that's legit?

Why didn't the NFL who was apparently so concerned about the integrity of the game ensure they took proper measurements of those footballs before a half of play in cold/wet weather conditions?
Why did they tell Brady they didn't need his phone as long as they got the relevant info from his people?
Why have we not seen any of the football PSI measurements from this past season?
Why did Goodell suddenly pass off the ruling to one of his cronies so he can be the mediator for any appeal process for the first time in this case?

You want to talk about shady, look no further than that man.

Guess you were ok with us getting docked a 5th round pick, swapping 3rd rounders with the Bears when we "tampered" with Lance Briggs who re-signed with the same Bears team...but Goodell's former employer the Jets tamper with Darrelle Revis when he's still under contract with the Pats and then actually sign him a few weeks later when he hits free agency and they get a slap on the wrist with a measly $100k fine.
I read that Brady has dropped his suspension and will serve the suspension.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/07/15/tom-brady-announces-hes-dropping-deflategate-appeal-will-serve-suspension/
Would it be allowable for Brady to practice with Aaron Lynch?

What would happen were this a crime is irrelevant. The players union agreed to the CBA, so Goodell is well within his rights to suspend Brady. And if we're being honest, what Brady did directly affecte[/b]d the integrity of the game.

Thank you! The 'integrity of the game' is the #1 part of this ENTIRE investigation that people miss! It's not about if it did or didn't help, or how big of a deal it is or isn't. When you sacrifice the integrity of anything you damage the trust people have in you and your organization.

Integrity and Goodell/NFL? Don't make me laugh.

May want to get your facts straight.

1. Brady never referred to the equipment guy as "The Deflator" that was the term McNally used for himself. Once again deflating a football to the legal level is still deflating the football...but it's still legal. So why is it the only mentions from Brady himself about PSI levels have him asking for them to be legal levels but you're cool just making the assumption because some nobody called himself the deflator that means Brady knowingly kept asking for the balls to be below the legal limit?

2. When did the league tell him they needed his phone? NEVER is the correct answer. They asked for him to hand over via his lawyer all relevant text/email info which he provided them. If you recall this information was provided to the NFL along with other non relevant info...and as a surprise no nobody they leaked that info including the Peyton Manning email which Brady had to apologize for. And you don't get why he didn't want to hand the actual phone to the NFL?

And a 4 game suspension is getting off lightly for that? Are you chitting me? The team lost two early round draft picks and got fined a large sum of money for an infraction which has like a $200k fine or something like that when there's real proof.

Basically NFL has less proof on Pats/Brady than they had on two teams which were shown on national television heating up footballs(which in the rules is the same violation as deflating/overinflating the balls) but because Brady destroyed his old phone which the NFL didn't physically want...they threw the book at them?

And you can sit here and think that's legit?

Why didn't the NFL who was apparently so concerned about the integrity of the game ensure they took proper measurements of those footballs before a half of play in cold/wet weather conditions?
Why did they tell Brady they didn't need his phone as long as they got the relevant info from his people?
Why have we not seen any of the football PSI measurements from this past season?
Why did Goodell suddenly pass off the ruling to one of his cronies so he can be the mediator for any appeal process for the first time in this case?

You want to talk about shady, look no further than that man.

Guess you were ok with us getting docked a 5th round pick, swapping 3rd rounders with the Bears when we "tampered" with Lance Briggs who re-signed with the same Bears team...but Goodell's former employer the Jets tamper with Darrelle Revis when he's still under contract with the Pats and then actually sign him a few weeks later when he hits free agency and they get a slap on the wrist with a measly $100k fine.

He's still suspended, and that happened for a reason.

Deal with it.
patriots just traded for Mingo. I would of thought with O'Neil we would of made an attempt for Mingo unless O'neil knows he is trash
Share 49ersWebzone