There are 149 users in the forums

Ravens and Joe Flacco agree on new deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sure he gets his while other major role players walk. Good luck repeating with half of your team gone!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pelos21:
f**k the Ravens!

Ray Lewis and Cary Williams especially no class mutha fockers!!!!
Career QB rating of 86.....60% completion percentage.....highest paid QB in the NFL. Wow.
He never impressed me as an elite QB. He's right around the Eli Manning level. In the NFL if you can get hot late in the season and have a good SB the sky is the limit contract wise.
Good. He messes up the ravens salary cap.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This reminds me of when they (Bills) gave Drew Bledsoe 100 mil contract!! LOL!!!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Good. He messes up the ravens salary cap.

They're going to have to hit on like 95% of their picks over the next few years, because they'll struggle to keep their own free agents, might have to go out and hire Billy Beane as a consultant.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This reminds me of when they (Bills) gave Drew Bledsoe 100 mil contract!! LOL!!!

That would be NE not the Bills that gave him that contract. 10 years & 103 million, but only 10.3 a season.

Interesting:

Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe, then in New England, each signed 10-year contracts worth a little more than $100 million, but owners and general mangers didn't choke once they saw the numbers. In reality, those headline grabbing deals were four-year deals that paid in the $7.5 million a year range, which seemed manageable to a salary cap that was stuck in the low $70 millions.

Garcia's incredible contract in San Francisco is among the growing examples. He's pulling $10 million cash a year for the past couple of years, and he enters the final year of his deal next year. There is an escalator that raises his salary to the franchise tag number, which is calculated from the top five quarterback cap numbers from the previous year. It could shoot his salary to $11 million plus and his cap number into the $13 million plus area.

Deals struck by Bledsoe, Favre and even McNabb will look like bargains.

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1529660.html
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ray Lewis and Cary Williams especially no class mutha fockers!!!!

I agree with your assessment on the Ravens. However, they have an identity that has worked. The Niners went through a 10 year period with no identity. Finally we're bringing back the class of the SB years.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Niners99:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Highest paid player EVER. That is hilarious. Joe Flacco isnt even a top 10 QB. There are at least 12 QB i would rather have.

Hes in the playoffs every year because of the defense. Way to ruin the QB market Baltimore. Now Kaep is going to end up costing us a freaking fortune.

His defense was ranked middle of the pack. He lit it up in the playoffs and had one of the best post-seasons ever for a QB. He's easily a top QB.

Over the years his D has been great.

He became the highest paid player ever because of a nice postseason. Jacoby Jones was the SB MVP. Hes laughing all the way to the bank.

Id take Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Eli Manning, Ryan, Kaepernick, Wilson, Luck, and maybe RGIII or Stafford over Flacco. Easily.
LOL 20+ mill a year for Flacco
what a joke
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
LOL 20+ mill a year for Flacco
what a joke

You're going to cry when we pay that kind of money for Colin!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
You're going to cry when we pay that kind of money for Colin!

Well Kaep has potential to be one of the best QBs in the league. If he gets that money it's going to be deserved.
I could also see us doing what the Packers did to Rodgers. Pay him before he reaches his full potential to save some money. Rodgers is getting paid 11 mill per year right now. He signed a 6 year 66 mill contract in 2008.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
so the guy has been to the playoffs every season since he came into the league... took the Ravens to 3 AFC title games and just won the Super Bowl. He's the best QB Baltimore ever had (which isn't saying much, but still) and plus Steve Young said Flacco deserved it
Share 49ersWebzone