There are 240 users in the forums

Ravens and Joe Flacco agree on new deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
his cap hit for this year is only 6.8M or something like that but it goes up each year after, I think i saw it reported that in year 4 he will have a 29M cap hit

OUCH!! 29 mil? I thought backloading large contracts was a big no no in todays nfl. Go Ravens I guess.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
With his guarantees and other bonuses Flacco will make 30 million this year
Lololololololololololololololololololololololol

That's excessive. Jeez.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Niners99:
What do we have to do with this?

Just curious.

BS!

You want to know what he thinks about Smith specifically. Just come out and say it dude

"Check his playoff numbers. Also, QB rating and completion percentage are things that have been overrated by a select group of people on here. Should he be the highest paid QB? No. But he's damn good.

Furthermore,hearing some of the crap about him being mediocre, then all over the board seeing Smith being hailed as a top QB is extremely strange.

Mediocre?"

So my opinion that Alex Smith was a good QB and my opinion that Joe Flacco shouldnt have been paid the richest contract in NFL history somehow contradict??

Smith and Flacco are both good QB. Flacco is better, but neither of them are the kind of QB that lead the way for a franchise. Flacco and Smith are the types of QB that can be highly successful when put in the right system that is geared towards their strengths. But, they arent in the same class as guys like Rodgers and Brees.

Again, i reference you to the QBR totals for 2012. Joe Flacco was ranked 25th in the regular season. If the Ravens want to pay him 20 mil a season thats their own business, but it doesnt change the fact that they made a huge mistake. 80 mil wouldve been fair. 100 mil wouldve been overpriced. 120 mil is totally insane, and a major mismanagement of team assets.

The heart of their team is on D, and the D is getting geriatric. These next 6-7 years arent going to be "window wide open" for more titles. Its going to involve alot of rebuilding the defense.

I agree.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Mr Kraft ...Tom Brady's agent is on the phone $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

why would he be? Brady gets 60 million guaranteed, Flacco gets 52.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
his cap hit for this year is only 6.8M or something like that but it goes up each year after, I think i saw it reported that in year 4 he will have a 29M cap hit

OUCH!! 29 mil? I thought backloading large contracts was a big no no in todays nfl. Go Ravens I guess.

Only for the smart teams

Guaranteed that he restructures by then if need be.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I don't think you need us to break the news to you: Joe Flacco is now the richest man in NFL history. $120 million, 6 years; think of all of the eyebrow wax that money can buy!

Because we're a sports analytics company and because there is no offseason in the NFL, the second the deal went down, we ran off to our mathatorium to crunch the numbers on the deal. The headline gives it away just a little bit, but let's just be super clear about this: his contact is awful. Horrendous. In short, and in the most colloquial terms, it's an absolute joke.

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/621/why-joe-flacco-s-new-contract-is-a-joke
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM ]
What a nasty lesson.

Flacco did alrite, but the rest of the team looked gutted and leaderless.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
What a nasty lesson.

Selfish prick.

Worst part is the dude doesn't like to spend money with it. So purely a status thing.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
What a nasty lesson.

Selfish prick.

Worst part is the dude doesn't like to spend money with it. So purely a status thing.
He said as much. The pay is about status and respect. His own words. He can thank Jerome Boger for his raise
Originally posted by jrg:

signing the dotted line to never come first in their division again lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
totally worth it for the ravens.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
What a nasty lesson.

Selfish prick.

He said as much. The pay is about status and respect. His own words. He can thank Jerome Boger for his raise

And ironically he proved his doubters right last night...looked like the same ol' Joe Flacco last night
Share 49ersWebzone