LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Ravens and Joe Flacco agree on new deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Joe Flacco re-signs with Ravens: His 63 wins in the regular season/postseason are most by a QB in his first 5 seasons in the Super Bowl era

Why didn't they talk about wins when they re-signed Ray Rice? Joe Flacco owes Rice and Boldin at least $5mil a year for that contract. And Whitner, while we're at it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Joe Flacco ranked 25th in Total QBR (46.8) in 2012 regular season, but posted an 83.6 Total QBR in 2012 postseason
The Ravens made Joe the highest paid QB in NFL history.

The Ravens must be the first team to have lost their minds right after winning the Super Bowl in quite sometime.
[ Edited by ninersoul on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM ]
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

When terms of Flacco's deal are announced, ignore total value, big number with little meaning. Keys are guarantees, early cash flow.

this kind of perspective is needed in every single contract announced in the NFL, thanks for posting this
If he has huge guarenteed and early money...What will that mean for Kaeps upcoming contract.

This is looking like the whole #1 pick craziness all over again. Everyone has to top everyone else
Originally posted by 1swift:
If he has huge guarenteed and early money...What will that mean for Kaeps upcoming contract.

This is looking like the whole #1 pick craziness all over again. Everyone has to top everyone else

No one wants to believe that Kap will cost 20+ against the cap; but you better believe it.

That's why I shake my head when people talk about overpaying for Goldson etc.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
The Ravens made Joe the highest paid QB in NFL history.

The Ravens must be the first team to have lost their minds right after winning the Super Bowl in quite sometime.

He isn't the centerpiece of his offense like Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Tom Brady are, and he has a great surrounding cast.
But you can't deny his post-season career. The guy is incredibly in January and February. What makes it crazier is that he's got a bunch of ROAD wins. That's incredibly tough to win in the playoffs, on the road.

I don't know about making him the highest-paid QB in the league, but I can definitely agree that he deserves a top 5 contract.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Joe Flacco's 6-year contract makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, according to a Ravens source. More details to come
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If Kap has the same type season he had last year, he'll get around the same. Gulp.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Joe Flacco and Ravens agreed to a six-year contract in excess of $120 million that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpaid W.....T.....F......

Joe Flacco and Ravens agreed to a six-year contract in excess of $120 million that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history.

• Jcool
  • Veteran

To be precise, Joe Flacco's deal with Ravens will clock in at six years and $120.6 million, a bit more than Drew Brees' in almost every way.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 1swift:

No one wants to believe that Kap will cost 20+ against the cap; but you better believe it.

That's why I shake my head when people talk about overpaying for Goldson etc.

ugh...hope this new stadium starts bringing in huge revenue.
waaaaaay overpaying imo.
Share 49ersWebzone