LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Ravens and Joe Flacco agree on new deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well when there stuck with a very basic team next season due to lack of funds to pick up FA's both theres and other ones, I guess we'll just see how special Flacco really is. IMO it wont be that special.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Good. He messes up the ravens salary cap.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Career QB rating of 86.....60% completion percentage.....highest paid QB in the NFL. Wow.

...and hasn't thrown under double digits interceptions nor thrown over 25tds... His post-season play is amazing and all but HIGHEST PAID PLAYER EVER?!
I hope they go baknkrupet becuase of this pghaaggot
Ravens had no choice here. Flacco turned down guaranteed millions last year saying he could earn himself a better deal. Dude was right. Best contract year performance of all time.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
LOL 20+ mill a year for Flacco
what a joke

You're going to cry when we pay that kind of money for Colin!

Kap will be worth that kind of money.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Ravens had no choice here. Flacco turned down guaranteed millions last year saying he could earn himself a better deal. Dude was right. Best contract year performance of all time.

Best contract postseason of all time, not year. He was extremely mediocre this year.

59.7 comp.%, 3817 yds, 22 TD, 10 INT

Plus, if you look at the QBR chart for 2012, you have to scroll all the way down to 25th place to find Flacco's name. 46.8 QBR. Topped by BOTH Jake Locker and Matt Hasselbeck.

Hes a rich man's Alex Smith. Theres nothing wrong with having a Joe Flacco, but to pay him like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc? Its ridiculous.
It will be so much fun to watch Baltimore slowly turn into the new Cleveland Browns. I hope they draft Teo, and he then becomes the first active NFL player to "come out of the closet". That would just be icing on the cake.... and the cherry would be if after two years of this failed experiment, they cut Flacco, and we sign him as Colin's back up for dirt cheap.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Mar 2, 2013 at 4:19 AM ]
Flacco takes up 13% of their 53 man roster. He is a good QB but not great. QB is the #1-2-3 most important position on a football team, Flacco really handicapped his team in the future. Seems like Ozzie should have just franchise tagged him for the year and renegotiate next year when Kaep is the SB MVP, not Flacco and Ozzie would have better leverage.

As a 9er fan I am ecstatic because big brother has Jim's number, but it does worry me about Kaep's future contract.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Best contract postseason of all time, not year. He was extremely mediocre this year.

59.7 comp.%, 3817 yds, 22 TD, 10 INT

Plus, if you look at the QBR chart for 2012, you have to scroll all the way down to 25th place to find Flacco's name. 46.8 QBR. Topped by BOTH Jake Locker and Matt Hasselbeck.

Hes a rich man's Alex Smith. Theres nothing wrong with having a Joe Flacco, but to pay him like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc? Its ridiculous.

He had the best year of any QB. Postseason >>>>>>>>> Regular Season. The Ravens cannot possibly low ball him after what he did in January and February. Every QB would gladly trade their season for Flacco's.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
This makes me nervous about Kaepernick's contract.

• BobS
  • Veteran
I was laughing when his agent was interviewed on the radio and he said Flacco deserved Peyton Manning type money, WTF he got it. While this year's play-off run was amazing for him the rest of the body of work wasn't more than average. Which one represents the real Joe Flacco?
Didnt raven fans want this guy outta here 4 months ago ? definately top 5 worst quarterbacks to ever win a super bowl.
He had one of the greatest playoff performances by a QB in the history of the NFL. I'd say he earned it especially if he keeps it up going into next year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
He'll restructure a couple times Im sure. Most QB's do. Big Ben just did, Alex did, and so have others.

There's definitely a case for him to be the highest paid QB right now. He's one playoff games every year in his career and won a super bowl in his 5th year and he's still only 28. Brady hasn't won a super bowl in 8 years and has lost 2 since then. If the Ravens win just one more super bowl while he's there then the contract is worth it.
Plus in a couple years there will be a couple more QB contracts probably bigger than this.

congrats sir you had the best take in this entire thread. when you read these comments its as if this is the nba or mlb and every single penny is guranteed. with a good front office you can do just about anything in this league in terms or re-structuring contracts to get under the cap and what not. and IMO the ravens certainly have a talented front office. this is just a drop in the bucket, within 24 months i bet 5 or 6 qbs over take flacco's salary. he is the highest paid qb in the league for right now but it wont last for long.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
LOL 20+ mill a year for Flacco
what a joke

You're going to cry when we pay that kind of money for Colin!

But at least Kaepernick can MAKE plays.
Share 49ersWebzone