LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the Bengals have been inconsistent on O the last few years.........another Snyder hire based on the persons name.

Lol wut? Gruden is the reason imo they've had a top 10 offense since he's been there. I honestly feel this is a great hire for the Skins.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Jcool:
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL

Hearing this repeatedly from black assistants this morning: nepotism of the Gruden hire shows why so hard for blacks to get jobs.

Maybe if Marvin Lewis has a brother....or Rahim Morris, or Hue Jackson, or Leslie Frazier, or Romeo Crennel, or Lovie Smith...or the assistants can actually STFU and stop crying.

Raheem Morris and Romeo Crennel both don't have a jobs. Hue Jackson was an Offensive Coordinator who went from being the head coach of the Raiders to a Secondary Coach/Assistant Special Teams Coach for Cincinnati. Andy Reid was hired right away off of a 4-12 season. Lovie Smith was fired after a 10-6 season and didn't coach for a year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
the Bengals have been inconsistent on O the last few years.........another Snyder hire based on the persons name.

Lol wut? Gruden is the reason imo they've had a top 10 offense since he's been there. I honestly feel this is a great hire for the Skins.

The reason they have a top 10 offensive is they have a good QB and one of the best WRs in the game. It is why they were 18th in rushing yards and 8th in passing yards.

The reason they have a top 10 offensive is they have a good QB and one of the best WRs in the game. It is why they were 18th in rushing yards and 8th in passing yards.

Which he's developed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Which he's developed.

And developed 33 total points in 3 playoff losses.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 9, 2014 at 10:08 AM ]

Which he's developed.

And developed 33 total points in 3 playoff losses.

True that but I don't put it all on gruden. Not sure how marvin runs the show but the HC deserves more blame imo. Gruden isn't perfect but I feel he has a great offensive mind and will help rg3 exponentially.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Top 10 this year, but ranked in the 20's in both 2011 and 2012.

True that but I don't put it all on gruden. Not sure how marvin runs the show but the HC deserves more blame imo. Gruden isn't perfect but I feel he has a great offensive mind and will help rg3 exponentially.

The game plan for last year's playoff game seemingly forgot to include AJ Green...the game plan for the loss to the Chargers is also in question as they became one dimensional in the second half BEFORE they got too far behind. They ended up throwing the ball 50+ times while they had 25 runs plays . And the Chargers claim that the Bengals did everything they prepared for, and added in no new wrinkles.

Hearing this repeatedly from black assistants this morning: nepotism of the Gruden hire shows why so hard for blacks to get jobs.

Maybe if Marvin Lewis has a brother....or Rahim Morris, or Hue Jackson, or Leslie Frazier, or Romeo Crennel, or Lovie Smith...or the assistants can actually STFU and stop crying.

Raheem Morris and Romeo Crennel both don't have a jobs. Hue Jackson was an Offensive Coordinator who went from being the head coach of the Raiders to a Secondary Coach/Assistant Special Teams Coach for Cincinnati. Andy Reid was hired right away off of a 4-12 season. Lovie Smith was fired after a 10-6 season and didn't coach for a year.

They have had jobs in the past and failed is the point. If they have had success and a competant bro in the coaching ranks it would have been nepotism too. They are trying to spin it like there's something racial.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Redskins press conference is live on @nflnetwork now, introducing Jay Gruden as head coach.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cincinnati Bengals ‏@Bengals

We have named Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator to replace Jay Gruden, who was hired as Redskins head coach. #Bengals

They have had jobs in the past and failed is the point. If they have had success and a competant bro in the coaching ranks it would have been nepotism too. They are trying to spin it like there's something racial.

Don't understand. How is the Gruden hiring nepotism? Are Snyder and Gruden related? Allen and Gruden? Oh . . . they,re referring to the previous connection between Allen and Jon Gruden, is it?
Right, though the offense is stacked with some talent. And we are talking about an AFC team which was one and done in all of the three playoff visits in the last three seasons.
Rapoport previously reported that Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles are two of the finalists. Roman potentially could become that third option.

Link

I think Minnesota is a good fit for Roman. If the Vikings has any one that knows football they would go with Roman. They need an HC/OC for consistency on offense. Roman is more than capable of making Ponder into a good qb. And with APeterson, that offense can be legit --even dangerous.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Rapoport previously reported that Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles are two of the finalists. Roman potentially could become that third option.

Link

I think Minnesota is a good fit for Roman. If the Vikings has any one that knows football they would go with Roman. They need an HC/OC for consistency on offense. Roman is more than capable of making Ponder into a good qb. And with APeterson, that offense can be legit --even dangerous.

Do you think that Roman is a good offensive coordinator?

It seems that many people who feel he is not a good offensive coordinator think he will be a good head coach.

I find this rather confusing. Well, at least it confuses me.
Originally posted by buck:

Link

Do you think that Roman is a good offensive coordinator?

It seems that many people who feel he is not a good offensive coordinator think he will be a good head coach.

I find this rather confusing. Well, at least it confuses me.

He's good at implementing an offense. Good teacher. Play calling during the game --he has his moments. Has conservative tendency. Overall, good qualities for a team like Minny, that has a very good RB and good talents on offense. They need direction and identity. Roman can provide that.
Share 49ersWebzone