There are 160 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bunch of retread coaches. NFL looking for better options. There aren't any
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 2m Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Two things to watch: #Chargers likely to promote QB coach Frank Reich to OC. And #Lions may turn to No. 2 target, Mike Munchak
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Damn I thought Whiz was a lock to Detroit

Lol Caldwell.

He was the front runner for Detroit but as we've seen in the past NFL teams throw up a lot of smokescreens all the time. Whisenhunt is now Delanie Walker's new head coach WTF. I don't really get how Munchak is in the running for a couple of other vacancies. Didn't he just get fired for being a mediocre head coach?

Furthermore, I don't see why Detroit would be interested in Munchak when he's basically just a clone of Jim Schwartz anyways.
Originally posted by valrod33:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 2m Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

wut

Nobody wants to be in Detroit. Bankrupted and a freak'n dump. Bad attitude players .
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM ]
Detroit is a talentened team though. Don't get why Whisenhunt wants to go to Titans...QB-situation is not solved at all and he doesn't know how to deal with QB-rookies.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Raheem Morris and Romeo Crennel both don't have a jobs. Hue Jackson was an Offensive Coordinator who went from being the head coach of the Raiders to a Secondary Coach/Assistant Special Teams Coach for Cincinnati. Andy Reid was hired right away off of a 4-12 season. Lovie Smith was fired after a 10-6 season and didn't coach for a year.
Such a poorly placed race card by you.

Raheem Morris is unaccomplished as HC and coached an undisciplined team. He was double promoted in the first place as he never served time as a coordinator. Gee, promoting a positional coach straight to the throne doesn't sound like something that someone who hates the coloreds would do. At best he deserved to go back to coaching DB's and that's exactly what he did with the Redskins the last two years. If he's jobless now it's only because Shanahan just got fired. You didn't even do your research before using him to support your racism b******t.

Crennel has been given two HC opportunities and failed in both. He's also 66 years old, maybe he wanted to take a year off or straight up retire. Do you know Romeo to find out? Didn't think so.

Hue Jackson has been blackballed out of head-coaching jobs and high-ranking assistant jobs because he took advantage of a power vacuum in Oakland to make an incredibly selfish, self-preserving decision at the expense of the Raiders' future. Now that he is an OC again he may redeem himself in the near future.

Using one example of Andy Reid does not somehow prove that Lovie Smith having to wait a year = racism. Jeff Fisher is more accomplished and experienced as head coach than Lovie Smith and he didn't coach for a year after leaving the Titans. Mike Shanahan has three rings, two as head coach, and he didn't coach for a year after being fired by the Broncos. So what?

Stop with the whiny race crap already.
[ Edited by biggiep on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Detroit is a talentened team though. Don't get why Whisenhunt wants to go to Titans...QB-situation is not solved at all and he doesn't know how to deal with QB-rookies.

To his credit he was the OC of a SB winning team with a 2nd year QB.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I am the only one who is confused why people are excited to get Ken Whisenhunt???? 18-30 record the last three years in AZ and couldn't do anything to fix QB issues despite being an offensive coach... He is like Jon Gruden light and that is not a good thing.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Two things to watch: #Chargers likely to promote QB coach Frank Reich to OC. And #Lions may turn to No. 2 target, Mike Munchak

munchak? whats so special about this dud? aren't the browns eying him also?

Lol, Whisenhunt was hired by the Titans. Though, I could care less. Chargers' offense was not THIS good, though I give him the injury-problem of the o-line. After Warner departed, the Cards deteriorated visibly and he hadn't any answer to that.

I dont know about his one...
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter6s
Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell

And, now that the Lions have hired Jim Caldwell, worth noting that there's an argument against that at the end here: http://es.pn/1cjaOfl
Jim caldwell will bring discipline to the lions but will also look dumbfounded on the sidelines during games.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bet the Ravens fans are jumping for joy today.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone