LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Real talk though, I like my niner Taylor Mays jersey.

I'll wear it.

With all due respect why would you buy a jersey of an unproven player?
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Says the guy with an alex smith jersey

Jk
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by andes14:
It used to be, but the last couple years it was Clements.

Spencer was definitely on Fitzgerald in 2009. Can't remember what the setup was last season at the moment.

As I recall, Clements played Fitzgerald earlier in his time with us, not later. I recall Spencer being on Fitzgerald recently.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by andes14:
It used to be, but the last couple years it was Clements.

Spencer was definitely on Fitzgerald in 2009. Can't remember what the setup was last season at the moment.

As I recall, Clements played Fitzgerald earlier in his time with us, not later. I recall Spencer being on Fitzgerald recently.

yup, at least last year
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sons of b***hes disclose the draft pick already.

I hate all this not telling us stuff.

We wont know until draft time

we must have really got raped in the trade

They're hoping we'll forget by then

The Bengals haven't released any info, either. Could be that the Bengals gave a three or four, which could seem too high of a price for their fans, and the Niners might think that anything less than the 2nd they drafted Mays for a year ago would upset the Faithful. I'd personally be thrilled with a conditional 4th, since it was clear that the coaches had no intention of playing him.
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Real talk though, I like my niner Taylor Mays jersey.

I'll wear it.

I was think....Mays.........Willie Mays.......brought glory to the SF Giants......maybe Taylor could bring some back to the 9ers.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sons of b***hes disclose the draft pick already.

I hate all this not telling us stuff.

We wont know until draft time

we must have really got raped in the trade

They're hoping we'll forget by then

The Bengals haven't released any info, either. Could be that the Bengals gave a three or four, which could seem too high of a price for their fans, and the Niners might think that anything less than the 2nd they drafted Mays for a year ago would upset the Faithful. I'd personally be thrilled with a conditional 4th, since it was clear that the coaches had no intention of playing him.

its probably a sixth round pick

As for the Bengals not releasing info its probably part of the deal to keep their mouth shut.
Taylor is still a class act, I figuerd he would join the bengals then spout off about how the niners disrespected him. He is probably just depressed that we gave up on him, and then traded him to the nfl's slums.
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Taylor-Mays-in-the-Locker-Room/e5058c0b-58ab-47e5-b985-16d07d51419e#?id=e5058c0b-58ab-47e5-b985-16d07d51419e&channelName=Recent

Taylor mays Speaks about the trade, etc.. he seems down but didn't badmouth the niners.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 25, 2011 at 7:38 PM ]

What's up with the undisclosed pick? did we give this kid away for nothing or are they maybe trying to work a deal for Carson Palmer behind the scenes?
Mike
Brown
will
not
trade
Carson
Palmer
jeez
We gave him away for nothing. 6th round pick at best, probably 7th.
Doubt it
I think we gave him away too ... but why ? for a 6th rounder? he was worth more than that as a special teamer.. i would've figured at least get 3rd for him ... this is the first move from harbaugh/balkee that makes me wonder
Share 49ersWebzone