LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 125 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dbdublin:
We gave him away for nothing. 6th round pick at best, probably 7th.

Yeah...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
they have two 5th round picks, we probably got one of them.
According to the Bozos on KNBR just a moment ago (9:10PM) post game show, they said the 49ers will get 6th round pick.
[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Aug 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
According to the Bozos on KNBR just a moment ago (9:10PM) post game show, they said the 49ers will get 6th round pick.

that's what happens when you tell every GM in the league that you're trying to dump a player... your negotiating leverage falls off a cliff. Nice rookie move, Baalke.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

that's what happens when you tell every GM in the league that you're trying to dump a player... your negotiating leverage falls off a cliff. Nice rookie move, Baalke.

You are reaching. Mays had little to no trade value, at least we got something.
Do you really think that if Baalke had been more discreet we would have gotten a higher draft pick?
My guess is that the other league front offices knew what ours did, Mays isn't very good.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
What's up with the undisclosed pick? did we give this kid away for nothing or are they maybe trying to work a deal for Carson Palmer behind the scenes?

Ya they re taking him for a test drive first.
Originally posted by Shaj:

I don't know if it was a good move or not but the rest of the league would have known how we felt about Mays when we signed Whitner and Williams. They probably decided to get something for him as fast as possible because he was going to get cut when we had to go to 53.

If he was going to get cut anyways by Harbs and Fangio then Baalke made a good move by getting anything for him.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I don't know if it was a good move or not but the rest of the league would have known how we felt about Mays when we signed Whitner and Williams. They probably decided to get something for him as fast as possible because he was going to get cut when we had to go to 53.

If he was going to get cut anyways by Harbs and Fangio then Baalke made a good move by getting anything for him.
true
3rd round if he starts by game 3. 5th if its later. looks like he going to start in a couple weeks. Marvin Lewis said they are using his strength not talking about any weakeness. Good Coach.
Mike_Desamero Mike Desamero by grantcohn
@grantcohn Geoff Hobson says the #Bengals got Taylor Mays from the #49ers for a 2013, 7th round pick bengals.com/news/article-1…

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
@grantcohn Geoff Hobson says the #Bengals got Taylor Mays from the #49ers for a 2013, 7th round pick bengals.com/news/article-1?

Great job Baalke.
lol. how the f**k do they not think Mays is worth more than a 7th round pick? Why not just keep him? Was he making that much?
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
lol. how the f**k do they not think Mays is worth more than a 7th round pick? Why not just keep him? Was he making that much?

Wow. And a 7th round pick in 2013. I know something is better than nothing but SERIOUSLY? I deplored the pick, but can't believe he was worth this little.

Which report on the pick value is true? So far I've read the value could be as high as a 3rd if conditions are met. Or a 5th. Or a 6th... What a horrific waste of a 2nd rounder. Good God, this makes me sick.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:36 PM ]
a 7th round pick is lame.

then again, Shaun Hill got us a 7th round pick that Baalke turned into Daniel Kilgore. So a little something is better than nothing, but its hard to believe that they couldn't have handled this better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
@grantcohn Geoff Hobson says the #Bengals got Taylor Mays from the #49ers for a 2013, 7th round pick bengals.com/news/article-1?

Great job Baalke.
Baalke is a freaking idiot, this guy is starting to bug the f*&$k outta me. Taylor Mays was worth well more than a 7th round pick, we should've just kept him you F***kin Moron!!!
Share 49ersWebzone