There are 202 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
lol. how the f**k do they not think Mays is worth more than a 7th round pick? Why not just keep him? Was he making that much?

Wow. And a 7th round pick in 2013. I know something is better than nothing but SERIOUSLY? I deplored the pick, but can't believe he was worth this little.

Which report on the pick value is true? So far I've read the value could be as high as a 3rd if conditions are met. Or a 5th. Or a 6th... What a horrific waste of a 2nd rounder. Good God, this makes me sick.
A 7th round pick two years from now is the lowest it's even possible to pay for a player. There is no lower price the Bengals could possibly have paid.

I guess this is why teams don't email the entire league when they want to trade someone.....

And don't tell me, "well maybe we wouldn't have even gotten that 2013 7th round pick if they didn't send the email," because that's BS and you know it.

You don't start a negotiation by telling everyone how desperate you are to make the deal. Not in football. Not anywhere.

Nice job, Baalke.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Little do you guys know that Harbaugh knows Andrew Luck will use his last year of college eligibility and enter the 2013 draft. He also has an agreement with Andrew (first name basis) to shatter his throwing arm in 5 places in order to drop to the Niners in round 7.

Will be the best draft pick of all time, just you wait.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
News out of Cincy is that the Bengals only had to give up a No. 7 pick in 2013 for Taylor Mays, a second-round pick last year. Wow

WHAT!!!
Think about it though. When the bar is set THAT low, you'll take any better offer . That means no better offers were on the table. That shows how much people actually wanted the kid.
[ Edited by Whomeam on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Mike_Desamero Mike Desamero by grantcohn
@grantcohn Geoff Hobson says the #Bengals got Taylor Mays from the #49ers for a 2013, 7th round pick bengals.com/news/article-1?

Great job Baalke.
Baalke is a freaking idiot, this guy is starting to bug the f*&$k outta me. Taylor Mays was worth well more than a 7th round pick, we should've just kept him you F***kin Moron!!!

It sounds like Baalke had a personal vendetta against him because he was b***h slapped by Sing into picking him.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
News out of Cincy is that the Bengals only had to give up a No. 7 pick in 2013 for Taylor Mays, a second-round pick last year. Wow

WHAT!!!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton

WHAT!!!

Lol
Wow this is not good news.
it's fkn embarrassing. And I don't think for one second that Mays is that bad. Just shows the ineptness of the front orifice.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I thought at least a 4th or 5th round pick

Reggie Smith, Madeiu, Goldson, Spillman, Maragos, Whitner are all better than Taylor Mays.

Which means he would have gotten cut, either tomorrow, or before 53.

When a player gets cut, you don't get any compensation.

Which also means, we got a 7th round pick two years from now, instead of absolutely nothing.

Is it embarrassing we just gave up our 2nd rounder last year for a future 7th rounder? Kind of, but if we're winning games/ and or get a decent player with that pick, who cares? We were cutting him anyway.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Think about it though. When the bar is set THAT low, you'll take any better offer . That means no better offers were on the table. That shows how much people actually wanted the kid.

I see your point, but I think some of that is due to us broadcasting how badly we wanted to get rid of him.

We should have been telling everyone how it's too bad a player that talented doesn't fit with the new scheme we want to run.

There's a reason everyone was so shocked when we sent that email. And that reason is that it was a SHOCKINGLY STUPID MOVE.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
@grantcohn Geoff Hobson says the #Bengals got Taylor Mays from the #49ers for a 2013, 7th round pick bengals.com/news/article-1?

Great job Baalke.
Baalke is a freaking idiot, this guy is starting to bug the f*&$k outta me. Taylor Mays was worth well more than a 7th round pick, we should've just kept him you F***kin Moron!!!

It sounds like Baalke had a personal vendetta against him because he was b***h slapped by Sing into picking him.

Pretty much, dumbass still should've kept Mays, his potential more than out weighs a crap ass 7th round pick.....in 2013 nonetheless!!!!
I better stop now this dumbass is getting me all worked up.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Reggie Smith, Madeiu, Goldson, Spillman, Maragos, Whitner are all better than Taylor Mays.

Which means he would have gotten cut, either tomorrow, or before 53.

When a player gets cut, you don't get any compensation.

Which also means, we got a 7th round pick two years from now, instead of absolutely nothing.

Is it embarrassing we just gave up our 2nd rounder last year for a future 7th rounder? Kind of, but if we're winning games/ and or get a decent player with that pick, who cares? We were cutting him anyway.

Do you seriously think either one of those things is going to happen?

Because this front office hasn't shown a real ability to make either of those things happen....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Great job Baalke.

Pretty much, dumbass still should've kept Mays, his potential more than out weighs a crap ass 7th round pick.....in 2013 nonetheless!!!!
I better stop now this dumbass is getting me all worked up.

Nice, its good see a Mod show some passion for once.
Share 49ersWebzone