There are 112 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Originally posted by FL9er:
Many will disagree, but I think this is only a possibility if Sanders doesn't re-sign. I really feel like Shanahan believes in Pettis, Samuel, and Hurd as the guys to go with Kittle and whomever lines up a RB.

Shanny has been after Sanders for a decade. Zero chance he isn't resigned.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Many will disagree, but I think this is only a possibility if Sanders doesn't re-sign. I really feel like Shanahan believes in Pettis, Samuel, and Hurd as the guys to go with Kittle and whomever lines up a RB.

Shanny has been after Sanders for a decade. Zero chance he isn't resigned.

But if we hope to keep AA, and extend DeFo and Kittle, there may not be enough cap space to re-sign Sanders. Unless we cut or restructure a number of veteran contracts.
While I'm usually big into production of receivers, many times the stats don't tell the whole story, especially at the college level. One guy to keep an eye on who didn't have huge numbers but needs to be watched is Van Jefferson out of Florida. Kid runs some really nice routes and seems pretty sure handed. He's not without some flaws, but I see some good potential in him. Don't know if he's the kind of guy Shanahan will be looking for, however, as we seem to be targeting more multi-dimensional players.

If that's the route Shanahan continues to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after guys like Devin Duvernay or Lynn Bowden.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 24, 2020 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
While I'm usually big into production of receivers, many times the stats don't tell the whole story, especially at the college level. One guy to keep an eye on who didn't have huge numbers but needs to be watched is Van Jefferson out of Florida. Kid runs some really nice routes and seems pretty sure handed. He's not without some flaws, but I see some good potential in him. Don't know if he's the kind of guy Shanahan will be looking for, however, as we seem to be targeting more multi-dimensional players.

If that's the route Shanahan continues to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after guys like Devin Duvernay or Lynn Bowden (don't know if he'll even be there for us where we pick).

Devin Duvernay would be a great choice. Duvernay in open space is dangerous, and Shanahan is one of the best at scheming guys open.

Originally posted by saniner:

If that's the route Shanahan continues to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after guys like Devin Duvernay or Lynn Bowden (don't know if he'll even be there for us where we pick).

Devin Duvernay would be a great choice. Duvernay in open space is dangerous, and Shanahan is one of the best at scheming guys open.

It's looking like Devin is going to be a pretty high pick at this point. We'll see, with the influx of underclassman. I really like Gandy-Golden but dunno if we'd go after him. This is my latest guess in my first mock of the year: https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mock-drafts/193240-otcs-december-mock-premiere-12-19-19/
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
But if we hope to keep AA, and extend DeFo and Kittle, there may not be enough cap space to re-sign Sanders. Unless we cut or restructure a number of veteran contracts.

AB just put an article out (on Twitter) breaking down how they can sign everyone. They can restructure contracts like JG's and Ford's to create a ton of money.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

AB just put an article out (on Twitter) breaking down how they can sign everyone. They can restructure contracts like JG's and Ford's to create a ton of money.

So, I'm not saying it'll happen, but I won't be entirely shocked if we try to trade Buckner for another pass rusher. We already reportedly put it on the table before when we were trying to get one.

So, I'm not saying it'll happen, but I won't be entirely shocked if we try to trade Buckner for another pass rusher. We already reportedly put it on the table before when we were trying to get one.

You have a link to this?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

You have a link to this?

No, unfortunately. I think this was back when we were trying to get Khalil Mack. Perhaps it was just a rumor. I know New York asked for Buckner and a 1st in any potential OBJ deal, so I won't rule out me completely misremembering things, lol.
I don't think it would be a good look for the team to trade away a high-character, selfless player who does a lot of the dirty work and is a team captain.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't think it would be a good look for the team to trade away a high-character, selfless player who does a lot of the dirty work and is a team captain.

No. They can find a way to keep both.

It wouldn't, so I surely hope they don't.
No, unfortunately. I think this was back when we were trying to get Khalil Mack. Perhaps it was just a rumor. I know New York asked for Buckner and a 1st in any potential OBJ deal, so I won't rule out me completely misremembering things, lol.

yeah there's zero truth to Buck being (or ever being) on the trading block. That got shot down asap. We neve put that on the table.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4240028/tamorrion-terry

WR Tamorrion Terry FSU 6'4 205

If he declares he's a kid to keep an eye on, if he had a legit QB at FSU he would've put up even better numbers, his burst and YAC are special.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4240028/tamorrion-terry

WR Tamorrion Terry FSU 6'4 205

If he declares he's a kid to keep an eye on, if he had a legit QB at FSU he would've put up even better numbers, his burst and YAC are special.

Yup I agree with that. Kid was held back big time by the QB
Share 49erswebzone