Buy49ers NFC Champions and Super Bowl LIV gear

There are 210 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Originally posted by 49ers808:
How are we set at WR for the next few years? Yes there's a chance that we walk out with Woods, but there's a better chance that we get a stud in the 1st than finding the next Hill or Mclaurin (I assume you meant) in the mid round picks that we don't have.

Sanders should be able to give us a few (2-3)/ Deebo is a stud. From there we have Kittle at te. Weapons here aren't a problem. I would understand if we took a wr but I don't think it's a priority.

And with few mid round picks is that an argument to trade down and acquire some. Opposed to betting it on 1 player.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 9, 2019 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
How are we set at WR for the next few years? Yes there's a chance that we walk out with Woods, but there's a better chance that we get a stud in the 1st than finding the next Hill or Mclaurin (I assume you meant) in the mid round picks that we don't have.

Sanders should be able to give us a few (2-3)/ Deebo is a stud. From there we have Kittle at te. Weapons here aren't a problem. I would understand if we took a wr but I don't think it's a priority.

And with few mid round picks is that an argument to trade down and acquire some. Opposed to betting it on 1 player.

If trading down is an option, no question that's what I would want due to our lack of picks. I just think really highly of this WR class and I believe a top notch guy will be there when we pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
We don't have any mid round picks.

Trade down a couple of times and they'll have a bunch.

Can't dance w/o a partner. Good news is that someone usually wants to secure that 5th-year option by jumping up to pick 32
I know this is the WR prospect thread but.. Man.. Would sure like to find even just a Kittle-like blocker at TE in this class. Even better if we could get another guy who could develop into the monster receiver GK is right now too.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I know this is the WR prospect thread but.. Man.. Would sure like to find even just a Kittle-like blocker at TE in this class. Even better if we could get another guy who could develop into the monster receiver GK is right now too.

Wait til next year. Pat Freiermuth. We're set at TE til then.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Someone talk to me about Nico Collins

Lets talk about Nico Collins!

Collins is a big-time playmaker who's had the misfortune of having Shea Patterson as his QB the last 2 years. As an NFL prospect, he strikes me as a poor man's Michael Thomas in that he's not going to run away from NFL CBs too often, but he'll find a way to create space and come up with the big catches that win ball games.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
OTB I believe Dwelley is that guy, I know he hasn't really been given that many chances to shine yet
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Dec 11, 2019 at 2:04 PM ]
Baylor's Denzel Mims doesn't get a lot of love nationally, but he's a big WR (6'3", 215) with a ridiculous catch radius, a natural hands-catcher and a former 200M sprint champion in high school. When I watch Mims I see an even more NFL-ready version of DK Metcalf.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Baylor's Denzel Mims doesn't get a lot of love nationally, but he's a big WR (6'3", 215) with a ridiculous catch radius, a natural hands-catcher and a former 200M sprint champion in high school. When I watch Mims I see an even more NFL-ready version of DK Metcalf.

Oh Mims is a beast. This class is so

I don't see the Metcalf-Mims comparison. While both are tall, DK is a lot bigger and stronger, and faster. Mims, tho, has much better hands and body control, and likely runs a 4.45 40 imo.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I don't see the Metcalf-Mims comparison. While both are tall, DK is a lot bigger and stronger, and faster. Mims, tho, has much better hands and body control, and likely runs a 4.45 40 imo.

It wasn't meant to be an exact comparison. When I said a "version of Metcalf," I was referring to a big-bodied WR with an insane catch radius and the kind of deep speed that allows him to run away from a ton of DBs. Mims' hands are definitely more natural than DKs and he's a more mature route-runner than was Metcalf. In other words, they're both bigger, faster and can out-jump 90+% of the DBs they face.

Do they measure up point by point (exact height/weight/speed)? Probably not, but they're similar enough in all the ways that matter, IMO.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 13, 2019 at 3:02 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Many will disagree, but I think this is only a possibility if Sanders doesn't re-sign. I really feel like Shanahan believes in Pettis, Samuel, and Hurd as the guys to go with Kittle and whomever lines up a RB.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Many will disagree, but I think this is only a possibility if Sanders doesn't re-sign. I really feel like Shanahan believes in Pettis, Samuel, and Hurd as the guys to go with Kittle and whomever lines up a RB.

You sure 'bout that?
Share 49erswebzone