LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Someone talk to me about Nico Collins

Lets talk about Nico Collins!

That's me refusing to watch WR tape this offseason.

kill me if we draft another WR, or fire somebody's ass for investing 4 day-two picks in 3 years on the WR group and still having it be a weakness.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 6, 2019 at 10:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

kill me if we draft another WR, or fire somebody's ass for investing 4 day-two picks in 3 years on the WR group and still having it be a weakness.

Well I think we have the perfect example from our dline picks... how did that turn out?
DLine=foundation for championships

WRs=ancillary position

LOL totally get what you're saying...thing is this WR class is the tits. I can't see how they leave this draft without taking one at some point.
DLine=foundation for championships

WRs=ancillary position

With Sanders (assuming we lock him down) and Deebo we're fine at wr. A mid round pick to replace Goodwin is really all we need.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
With Sanders (assuming we lock him down) and Deebo we're fine at wr. A mid round pick to replace Goodwin is really all we need.

Sanders isn't a long term answer because of age. This class is historically deep and we can get a top notch WR at the bottom where we're picking. I can totally see a scenario where bpa meets need when we are on the clock, yes WR is still a need
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Sanders isn't a long term answer because of age. This class is historically deep and we can get a top notch WR at the bottom where we're picking. I can totally see a scenario where bpa meets need when we are on the clock, yes WR is still a need

He'll be 33 next season so that's a very valid point but we're set a wr for the next few years. I think the smarter play is to find a mid round guy like Tyreek Hill or McLaughlin and use him now as a deep guy/ later possibly replace Sanders.

And the historically deep class doesn't mean you can't walk out with Rashaun Woods. That was supposed to be the best class too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 9, 2019 at 8:57 AM ]
Devin Duvernay is an intriguing player in the mid to late rounds. Built like a RB, great hands, has great speed and is tough to bring down. He has a long way to go though.

He'll be 33 next season so that's a very valid point but we're set a wr for the next few years. I think the smarter play is to find a mid round guy like Tyreek Hill or McLaughlin and use him now as a deep guy/ later possibly replace Sanders.

And the historically deep class doesn't mean you can't walk out with Rashaun Woods. That was supposed to be the best class too.

We don't have any mid round picks.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
We don't have any mid round picks.

Trade down a couple of times and they'll have a bunch.
Hodgins from Oregon State announced.

I'm not too sure about him. Lots of length and catching ability, kind of reminds me of Jaelen Strong. Not sure if he really has the athleticism to hack it at the NFL-level.

How are we set at WR for the next few years? Yes there's a chance that we walk out with Woods, but there's a better chance that we get a stud in the 1st than finding the next Hill or Mclaurin (I assume you meant) in the mid round picks that we don't have.
Share 49ersWebzone