LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

WR class 2020

I really dont think we go wr next year unless someone drops big time to us late.

Deebo is coming on strong and really looks the part of a very good #2

We traded for Sanders who should be our #1 next year. He's playing well considering he only just got here and had no time to work with Jimmy.

Have Hurd who looked the part and is a great situational player.

Taylor is the big question mark for me. He and Jimmy clearly have chemistry and he is very quick so another good situational player on those 3rd and shorts. If it becomes clear by the draft that he's recovered completely then he's our #3 or #4 switching with Hurd pending the play

Goodwin is as good as gone, just not worth the money anymore and just cant keep his head in the game.

Pettis is gone too, just doesn't have it upstairs which is a huge disappointment to me but it is what it is and just cant waste the time on him anymore.

We have Bourne and James are cheap backups who know the system and should get better with even more time.

Plus we have Kittle so we have enough weapons for Jimmy, its just protection and keeping guys healthy.
Originally posted by rk1642:
I really dont think we go wr next year unless someone drops big time to us late.

Deebo is coming on strong and really looks the part of a very good #2

We traded for Sanders who should be our #1 next year. He's playing well considering he only just got here and had no time to work with Jimmy.

Taylor is the big question mark for me. He and Jimmy clearly have chemistry and he is very quick so another good situational player on those 3rd and shorts. If it becomes clear by the draft that he's recovered completely then he's our #3 or #4 switching with Hurd pending the play

Goodwin is as good as gone, just not worth the money anymore and just cant keep his head in the game.

Pettis is gone too, just doesn't have it upstairs which is a huge disappointment to me but it is what it is and just cant waste the time on him anymore.

We have Bourne and James are cheap backups who know the system and should get better with even more time.

Plus we have Kittle so we have enough weapons for Jimmy, its just protection and keeping guys healthy.

1.) Sanders was never and will never be a WR1. Ever. He's also getting older.

2.) You basically negated your own argument by admitting Pettis and Goodwin are done, and Taylor is a question mark.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
1.) Sanders was never and will never be a WR1. Ever. He's also getting older.

2.) You basically negated your own argument by admitting Pettis and Goodwin are done, and Taylor is a question mark.

WR#1 is one of the most overrated terms in football. I'll gladly take a bunch of "WR2s" and let defenses try to figure out who's getting the ball week to week. You NEED a plethora of good WRs now NOT just one good one. ALSO the WR position IMHO is the most dependent position in football. You need the right play-calling, a good QB, and an OL that can pass block to help the WR.

perfect example is OBJ...does he just magically suck now that he's in Cleveland? Amari Cooper was not looking like the top end prospect he was in Bama while in Oakland BUT now in Dallas he's gonna be the highest paid WR in football soon. Why does every WR kill it in Pitt? Do they just "know" who's gonna be a good WR or does scheme/OL/QB play help?

I'm all for upgrading the position have been for yrs. I don't think you have to have a WR#1 to be a good offense.
Laviska Shenault just declared..not surprising.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

Would love it if this kid dropped to last part of the first round for the Niners.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Would love it if this kid dropped to last part of the first round for the Niners.

Shenault and Hurd on the field at the same time would be insane.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

right...I just said in another thread I feel like we have Shenault on this team already in Hurd (not as electric though).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

right...I just said in another thread I feel like we have Shenault on this team already in Hurd (not as electric though).

Ya but... we could have both!!

yessss

so tired of facing him lol
We need a true #2 TE behind Kittle. Ross is a developing blocking TE with situational usage on passing side. This will evolve our offense the next level. Shanny cant allow the missed playing time from an injured kittle to completely shut down our pass attack.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

yessss

so tired of facing him lol

Get to watch him every week out here in Colorado. Went to a game with my 11 year old son last year and he said man he would be nice to have on the 49ers.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Rashod Bateman from Minnesota ....... only a Soph
This guy stood out every time I had a chance to see Minnesota play. Reminds me of a better version of Dez Bryant.
Originally posted by rk1642:

We have no clue what Hurd can actually do or if he'll ever be healthy. His only play to this date was against guys that are currently working for Geico and State Farm.
Someone talk to me about Nico Collins

Seems somewhat similar to Golladay, another receiver I liked as a prospect.
Share 49ersWebzone