There are 321 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Doesn't really matter until the combine and pro days.

We know what Shanny will look for and he won't adjust his plan

4.3 - 4.5 speed MINIMUM
Elite athleticism
Great route running and separation
Needs to be good in drills, especially agility drills and 3 cone or whatever it is they test

Absolutely zero consideration for height and bulk. In fact, he can be 5'7" and 150 pounds. It will be okay

Keep an eye on KJ Hamler, especially if Goodwin is let go. Smaller receiver with speed for days and has a hard nosed mentality out on the field. Its crazy how much he reminds me of Desean Jackson back at Cal.

Dont get your hopes up too high, fellas.

Lynch will out-think himself as always, trying to be 1 step ahead. We'll get another dud WR early and find a 2-3 yr starter in the 6th or 7th.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 23, 2019 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Lynch will out-think himself as always, trying to be 1 step ahead. We'll get another dud WR early and find a 2-3 yr starter in the 6th or 7th.

Yeah that Deebo is really looking s**tty right now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Keep an eye on KJ Hamler, especially if Goodwin is let go. Smaller receiver with speed for days and has a hard nosed mentality out on the field. Its crazy how much he reminds me of Desean Jackson back at Cal.

He and Jalen Reagor are definitely targets for Shanahan. I think Ruggs also has great speed which will get Shanahans attention.

I love the depth at wide out this year. Gandy-Golden, Shenault Jr, and Jefferson are high on my want list.
Originally posted by saniner:
He and Jalen Reagor are definitely targets for Shanahan. I think Ruggs also has great speed which will get Shanahans attention.

I love the depth at wide out this year. Gandy-Golden, Shenault Jr, and Jefferson are high on my want list.

I think homerun speed will play a major factor. Teams are stuffing the box so frequently because Goodwin has largely been a non-factor. He hasn't shown himself to be much of a threat so teams have been ignoring him. I don't see him sticking around after this season.

I think it is crucial to add someone that defenses will have to respect and worry about beating them down the field. I don't care if that guy is big or small as long as he presents a legitimate field stretching threat to go along with Kittle, Sanders, Deebo, Taylor..etc.
I think homerun speed will play a major factor. Teams are stuffing the box so frequently because Goodwin has largely been a non-factor. He hasn't shown himself to be much of a threat so teams have been ignoring him. I don't see him sticking around after this season.

I think it is crucial to add someone that defenses will have to respect and worry about beating them down the field. I don't care if that guy is big or small as long as he presents a legitimate field stretching threat to go along with Kittle, Sanders, Deebo, Taylor..etc.

Exactly. It's a huge reason I'm so high on Reagor. Hamler is so impressive this year. He looks like a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Exactly. It's a huge reason I'm so high on Reagor. Hamler is so impressive this year. He looks like a 2nd/3rd rounder.

I think Hamler would give them everything they were expecting from Pettis plus better speed down the field and a less passive sort of mindset. Hamler is an intense competitor and a guy that will fight for every ball. Definitely a lot more like Deebo than Dante in terms of mentality.

Only a JR so unsure he comes out but he's a Very intriguing kid, 6'6 219 lbs, almost 70 catches, over 1,000 yards receiving, 7 tds..
Deebo is looking really good and should be much better next year. Sanders is a great fit and will definitely be extended. Hurd and Taylor are two guys who havent played but are sure to be big contributors next year. Bourne had one bad game but dude is money in the redzone and probably the best at slants over the middle on the team. James is a good gadget to have around. Pettis and Goodwin are probably gone next year. So i only envision us using a late round pick on a WR unless we see a julio jones type of freak.

Honestly its hard to see where we will spend our 1st round pick. I always thought lineman but with Brunskill and Skule playing great, I dont think it is needed. Maybe a Guard but our guards are playing good and Shannahan doesnt need monsters in the middle. I thought maybe a CB but with Moseley coming up, that isnt as big of a need anymore either. I would say our first round pick will go towards a FS or a big DT.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Nov 23, 2019 at 10:18 AM ]

Yeah that Deebo is really looking s**tty right now.

...Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Sorry,...not gonna ignore the amount of draft capital our GM seems to waste @ the same positions.

Going off averages (....instead of red herrings like Deebo),...Lynch will fumble this one with a 1st.

Give me another position early.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM ]

...Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Sorry,...not gonna ignore the amount of draft capital our GM seems to waste @ the same positions.

Going off averages (....instead of red herrings like Deebo),...Lynch will fumble this one with a 1st.

Give me another position early.

The only receivers they've drafted have been Taylor, Pettis, Deebo and Hurd.

Taylor looked good in the slot as a rookie, was dealing with injuries last year and this year.

Pettis had all the physical ability and skills but seems to lack the competitive fire.

Deebo just keeps getting better week after week as a rookie.

Hurd hasn't taken a single snap as a rookie yet so we have no clue what he is actually capable of yet.

Your whole averages argument doesn't really make sense considering the small sample size where it looks like they missed on Pettis but hit on Deebo. If Hurd turns out to be a plus then they would actually be doing well at the position.

If WR is BPA then I have no problem trusting that they'll make a good choice. They seem to be learning from previous mistakes and honing their approach to the draft. In 2017 they got burned by taking a couple of headcases in Froster and Williams. The next year they went with high character prospects. They saw how passive Pettis was and this year went with a guy that is the exact opposite in Deebo as well as Hurd.

Considering this team is sitting at 9-1 in the third year of this regime, its hard to doubt that these guys will continue to build this roster to be even deeper and more competitive.
Keep an eye on John Hightower from Boise State.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Rashod Bateman from Minnesota ....... only a Soph
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 23, 2019 at 11:22 AM ]
The only receivers they've drafted have been Taylor, Pettis, Deebo and Hurd.

Taylor looked good in the slot as a rookie, was dealing with injuries last year and this year.

Pettis had all the physical ability and skills but seems to lack the competitive fire.

1) What happened to Richie James? (a late-round guy that kinda adds to what I was saying, as does Taylor)

2) Not as obvious to you, but out of convenience I've added busts @ positions like DL and LB where we try to get cute with our draft choices.
My tongue-in-cheek post was alot more about bungling higher draft picks (since this thread is seemingly concentrating on the top ones), and to not get too happy with obvious choices,....alot less about any specific position.

If we are going to let our GM play the guessing game, I'd rather him do it at a position that will probably have less variables @ play,...like OL.

It's more of an opinion than a point.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 23, 2019 at 11:50 AM ]

I think Hamler would give them everything they were expecting from Pettis plus better speed down the field and a less passive sort of mindset. Hamler is an intense competitor and a guy that will fight for every ball. Definitely a lot more like Deebo than Dante in terms of mentality.
Love everything about him, think he would be a great fit.
Share 49ersWebzone