LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

draft rumors and draft discussion 2018

Originally posted by sacleads:
If the Browns select a RB in the first pick overall over a QB, they are stupid and the NFL should ship them off to CFL.

Deep down, it wouldn't surprise you much though, right?
Originally posted by strickac:
If the Browns select a RB in the first pick overall over a QB, they are stupid and the NFL should ship them off to CFL.

Deep down, it wouldn't surprise you much though, right?

It would surprise the heck out of me. Dorsey and Wolf running things should result in them not taking a RB in rnd 1 at all. While Barkley is a tantalizing nugget, they have bigger problems than rb in a historically rich rb draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why? It's not like it hasn't been done before. And you're not that far out of range for a QB either. And if they did trade for Alex Smith you could either fall back on who is left at #4 between Rosen, Darnold or Allen. All have their flaws and neither one of them look like starters right off the bat. Except maybe Rosen but if he is drafted by NYG then I don't expect Rosen to start either.

So many possibilities in this upcoming draft.
I think Barkley helps them more than Darnold or Rosen.
Josh Jackson in the #1 pass rusher in the 2nd . O line and wr in the 3d a rb lb in the 4th
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Why? It's not like it hasn't been done before. And you're not that far out of range for a QB either. And if they did trade for Alex Smith you could either fall back on who is left at #4 between Rosen, Darnold or Allen. All have their flaws and neither one of them look like starters right off the bat. Except maybe Rosen but if he is drafted by NYG then I don't expect Rosen to start either.

You can't risk someone trading up with Indy and stealing whoever they deem to be their guy. Unless it's Josh Allen but I question their sanity if he is.

Alex Smith is 34. You're going to be Arz with him and left with nothing if you don't get a qb.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

huh?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You can't risk someone trading up with Indy and stealing whoever they deem to be their guy. Unless it's Josh Allen but I question their sanity if he is.

Alex Smith is 34. You're going to be Arz with him and left with nothing if you don't get a qb.

So they give up draft picks to get Smith, have to pay him pretty good money, then draft a RB and hope for their 3rd option at the most important position in sports that they've f**ked up for over 20 years?

just draft the top QB and take Barkley or Fitz at 4....Dorsey isn't a dummy, they actually have good FO guys in there for once.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

huh?

Wah?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Rosen does not want to play for them so unless something changes with him they have to trade the pick. No other QB worth taking there. Probably should go all in on Cousins.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
It be funny if all the Qb needy teams picking top 5 - decide to go the free agent route and all these Qb draftees drop like bricks, lol
Originally posted by mayo49:
It be funny if all the Qb needy teams picking top 5 - decide to go the free agent route and all these Qb draftees drop like bricks, lol

Wouldn't be funny for us!!!!! Much less talent would be available.

Also with the exception of Denver, most of the guys with choices would go to people like Arizona, Buffalo or Jacksonville
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Also with the exception of Denver, most of the guys with choices would go to people like Arizona, Buffalo or Jacksonville

True
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Well...yes it would take away a few prospects that could be there at #10 but it would also mean that at least one of the top QBs would likely fall to #9/#10 and might present an opportunity for the 49ers to trade down with a team to jump up to get their guy who slips a little bit down to where the 49ers pick.
What if we're getting excited about all these RBs for nothing and the team is perfectly satisfied with going into next year with Williams, Breida, and McNichols? Williams' volatility scares me, but McNichols was a nice RB prospect. Having an entire season learning with Bobby Turner under his belt, he could be a factor next year as part of the RB group.

This was from Matt Maiocco's Q&A:

NSW: Well, Williams didn't practice because he was on injured reserve. He told me last week that he had only recently fully recovered from the ankle injury that bothered him in the run-up to the 2017 season that landed him on IR. He's very much part of the upcoming offseason competition at running back. As for McNichols, the 49ers liked him enough to promote him from the practice squad in late November. He never got a carry, but he'll likely be part of the mix when practices resume in the spring.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 12, 2018 at 3:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone