LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

draft rumors and draft discussion 2018

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Ernst82:
For me it's Quenton Nelson in the 1st. Might even be able to slide down a few slots if someone needs a QB and I have a good feeling a few good ones will still be available. If not Nelson then it's Barkley. Our run game sucks and needs addressed quickly. I have no issue resigning Hyde if we get Nelson.

Auden Tate in the 2nd or even a trade up into the late first is my dream scenario. I love our WR's and think Goodwin has it in him to be a great WR. I'm a huge Garcon fan but I am starting to regret his signing after Goodwin broke out. He could keep us from the kind of WR we need most. A big, strong TD catching machine.

I will dream all off season about an offense with Barkley and Tate. Unfortunately I doubt we see either of them sporting Red and Gold next year.

My dream I know will never come true is Chubb falling to #9. Maybe we could queitly promise him some extra money if he is willing to flip out on the medical staff at the combine

Didnt Shanahan state somewhere or somebody said he favors veteran lineman?

Not sure who else said that but I remember saying it in another thread. I was just going off track record but he didn't actually say he does too. But I'm not saying he won't draft an O-lineman because I'm sure he will I just don't think it would be in the 1st round.

+1

I bet we draft an OT with one of our 3rd rounders and concentrate on F/A for the rest of the line.
Hes 210 lbs. he's got weight. Hes just long
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Dillesq:
The rumor is that Lamar Jackson is inclined to stay in school. I think he's a top 3 QB in the draft. That hurts us bc when the day of the draft comes, teams get desperate for their quarterback.

Smart choice by him. If he improves like he did this last year throwing the ball I would think he would be a lock for the 1st pick
His team was awful this year...do they get better next year or does he continue to have to play hero ball?
Originally posted by jcs:
The rumor is that Lamar Jackson is inclined to stay in school. I think he's a top 3 QB in the draft. That hurts us bc when the day of the draft comes, teams get desperate for their quarterback.

Smart choice by him. If he improves like he did this last year throwing the ball I would think he would be a lock for the 1st pick
His team was awful this year...do they get better next year or does he continue to have to play hero ball?

Not concerned with his team just watching his play. His pocket presence, his release, footwork does he go all Kap when his first reads gone. Just want to see continued growth from him.
Hes 210 lbs. he's got weight. Hes just long

Yeah I don't believe that lol

Not concerned with his team just watching his play. His pocket presence, his release, footwork does he go all Kap when his first reads gone. Just want to see continued growth from him.

I don't get the Kap reference. His pocket presence is very good his biggest issue is inconsistent accuracy due to a bad base but that can be fixed. He was ranked 3rd out of all the top QBs in %'age of catchable balls at 77%. He had a terrible team this season but no one seems to mention how he carried them.

He's one of the best 3 if he comes out now. The problem with this process is that he is dinged for his mobility while QBs like josh Rosen are given credit for it. Just like Watson last year he's undervalued
Barkley ain't gonna fall past 3rd spot either Colts take him or somebody trade up for him. Chubb and Jackson won't pass of 8th spot. Nelson or Ridley are our best players available. I consider Nelson a no brainer for Niners even if they sign vet FAs while I foresee Shanahan going after guys like Gallup, Cain or Weineke on Day 2.
Nelson or Jackson.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for RTFirefly.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Barkley ain't gonna fall past 3rd spot either Colts take him or somebody trade up for him. Chubb and Jackson won't pass of 8th spot. Nelson or Ridley are our best players available. I consider Nelson a no brainer for Niners even if they sign vet FAs while I foresee Shanahan going after guys like Gallup, Cain or Weineke on Day 2.

I'd be shocked if the Browns don't take Barkley if he falls to 4.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Just a rumor, not really a draft one but I think this shakes up the draft a little if it were to happen. Does Cleveland take a QB at #1 or #4?

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon expects the Browns to have interest in acquiring Alex Smith this offseason.

It makes all the sense in the world from a dot-connecting standpoint. The Chiefs are fully expected to move on from Smith, even with him coming off his best pro season. Patrick Mahomes offers more upside, and the Chiefs believe Smith has taken them as far as he can already. In Cleveland is GM John Dorsey, who was the Chiefs' GM when they acquired Smith from the 49ers. Cleveland has a ton of cap space and can splurge at quarterback, where Smith carries a $20.9 million cap hit for 2018. The Browns need to add a veteran and high-end rookie at the position.

Alex Smith
Deshone Kizer
Cody Kessler
Kevin Hogan
????

• jcs
  • Veteran
Just a rumor, not really a draft one but I think this shakes up the draft a little if it were to happen. Does Cleveland take a QB at #1 or #4?

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon expects the Browns to have interest in acquiring Alex Smith this offseason.

It makes all the sense in the world from a dot-connecting standpoint. The Chiefs are fully expected to move on from Smith, even with him coming off his best pro season. Patrick Mahomes offers more upside, and the Chiefs believe Smith has taken them as far as he can already. In Cleveland is GM John Dorsey, who was the Chiefs' GM when they acquired Smith from the 49ers. Cleveland has a ton of cap space and can splurge at quarterback, where Smith carries a $20.9 million cap hit for 2018. The Browns need to add a veteran and high-end rookie at the position.

Alex Smith
Deshone Kizer
Cody Kessler
Kevin Hogan
????

Still go QB #1, you are using Alex as a stopgap but you should still draft the best available QB for your team. Using Alex would be the best possible scenario to ensure you aren't turning your prospect into Blaine Gabbert.

Alex Smith
Deshone Kizer
Cody Kessler
Kevin Hogan
????

Darnold. Gets to sit and learn behind Smith and get coached up. It's a smart move by the Browns....?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Still go QB #1, you are using Alex as a stopgap but you should still draft the best available QB for your team. Using Alex would be the best possible scenario to ensure you aren't turning your prospect into Blaine Gabbert.

Darnold. Gets to sit and learn behind Smith and get coached up. It's a smart move by the Browns....?

Yah screw Deshone Kizer, dude sucks anyway. lol

John Dorsey is not tied to Kizer in anyway but man that has to hinder the growth for Kizer. Honestly I think they should trade Kizer away, I doubt they get any real value for him though.

John Dorsey is not tied to Kizer in anyway but man that has to hinder the growth for Kizer. Honestly I think they should trade Kizer away, I doubt they get any real value for him though.

Also, didn't Hue want Watson? Kizer was always a project a best. They would be wise to snag a vet QB. draft the one they want at 1, snag Barkley at 4 or a Tackle to succeed Thomas. They are terrible, but are in a great position to really bolster the team. Too bad I think Hue sucks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Also, didn't Hue want Watson? Kizer was always a project a best. They would be wise to snag a vet QB. draft the one they want at 1, snag Barkley at 4 or a Tackle to succeed Thomas. They are terrible, but are in a great position to really bolster the team. Too bad I think Hue sucks.

I agree with you, but I'd take Barkley #1 overall, I really think Indy would take him over Chubb. Which would leave either Darnold or Rosen at #4.
Share 49ersWebzone