Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade for Alex, Draft Barkley, Draft Rosen or Darnold @ 4

Lose to the 49ers in the Super Bowl

Pretty much their destiny. Haha!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jcs:
Still go QB #1, you are using Alex as a stopgap but you should still draft the best available QB for your team. Using Alex would be the best possible scenario to ensure you aren't turning your prospect into Blaine Gabbert.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Darnold. Gets to sit and learn behind Smith and get coached up. It's a smart move by the Browns....?

Yah screw Deshone Kizer, dude sucks anyway. lol

John Dorsey is not tied to Kizer in anyway but man that has to hinder the growth for Kizer. Honestly I think they should trade Kizer away, I doubt they get any real value for him though.

Also, didn't Hue want Watson? Kizer was always a project a best. They would be wise to snag a vet QB. draft the one they want at 1, snag Barkley at 4 or a Tackle to succeed Thomas. They are terrible, but are in a great position to really bolster the team. Too bad I think Hue sucks.

I agree with you, but I'd take Barkley #1 overall, I really think Indy would take him over Chubb. Which would leave either Darnold or Rosen at #4.

Interesting. Barkley, giants = QB, indy is a wild card. What if they trade with the jets? etc. I think Cleveland regardless of FA has to draft the QB 1 then take BPA at 4. (or trade etc)
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Interesting. Barkley, giants = QB, indy is a wild card. What if they trade with the jets? etc. I think Cleveland regardless of FA has to draft the QB 1 then take BPA at 4. (or trade etc)

This. They are where they are now cause they have gone with the table scraps philosophy when it comes to drafting QBs. They need to get the QB they want and not get the QB other teams didn't want.
I heard a rumour on a mock draft site that Arden Key has some character issues that are not yet known, that could send his draft stock plummeting.
  • thl408
Don't know where to ask this. What's the general consensus on the deepest positions of this draft? 2017 it was CBs and TEs. I'm talking about positions where there is good value to be had in rounds 3/4/5.
Originally posted by thl408:
Don't know where to ask this. What's the general consensus on the deepest positions of this draft? 2017 it was CBs and TEs. I'm talking about positions where there is good value to be had in rounds 3/4/5.

IMO it's RB's and Guards
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I heard a rumour on a mock draft site that Arden Key has some character issues that are not yet known, that could send his draft stock plummeting.

I heard he was a second rounder anyways. So any kinda off field issue would just destroy his stock.

IMO it's RB's and Guards

Agreed. I think CBs are up there again but that in large is due to pass happy college football so kids now are getting so much experience.

Interior OL and RB are both loaded as hell.

• thl408
IMO it's RB's and Guards
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Interior OL and RB are both loaded as hell.
Very nice. Interior OL makes me think we don't have to break the bank for a free agent Guard. Improve from Tomlinson/Fusco via free agency and draft 1 or 2 developmental Guards since it's a deep position. Day 3 RBs are what the Shanahans are about so that aligns well with that philosophy.
^ agree with RB

This might be the deepest RB class ever.

Everyone wants to know why he step away from football last spring. Alcohol, depression, no one seems to know or want to say. That's the million dollar question because he's a top-10 pass rusher
If the Browns select a RB in the first pick overall over a QB, they are stupid and the NFL should ship them off to CFL.
Share 49ersWebzone