LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

Me likey.
Thought we could get this kid in the 3rd...dunno if we even get a chance with our low 2nd :(
Originally posted by genus49:
Thought we could get this kid in the 3rd...dunno if we even get a chance with our low 2nd :(

its a good thing we are allowed to do trades
Originally posted by gold49digger:
its a good thing we are allowed to do trades

Hope so...thankfully Giants helped. Cleveland...gonna Cleveland.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Wondering why people aren't all over this guy. He's fantastic. Absolutely has the makeup of a 3-down franchise RB. He has solid 1st round traits.

I would imagine the "small conference" narrative will get dispelled in the offseason workouts. Dude is legit.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Wondering why people aren't all over this guy. He's fantastic. Absolutely has the makeup of a 3-down franchise RB. He has solid 1st round traits.

I would imagine the "small conference" narrative will get dispelled in the offseason workouts. Dude is legit.

I posted in another thread after seeing him kill asu, looked like a 2nd maybe 1st. Very good player
I can smell a high 3rd for Penny.
Penny must be a niner

Rashad Penny is absolutely incredible. I have season tickets for San Diego State Aztecs football. He is the best RB and Return man I have ever seen bar none at San Diego State. He is 5'11" - 6'0" range. He is a legitimate 220 lbs. He is bulky and strong. Penny is extremely fast and quick for his size. Barkley gets all the publicity but Penny is pretty much just as good IMO. He is blazing fast, quick, great vision, powerful, big, super productive and a team player. He has over 2,000 yards this season with the Bowl game still pending. He will add more in the Bowl game. He is tied I believe for the FBS record with kickoff returns for TD's with 7. He is one of the best return men I have ever seen in my entire life. They also line him up at punt returner sometimes and I have seen him bring back TD's at that position too. Barkley gets more publicity because he is with Penn State. Penny is with San Diego State. Most people are asleep by the time he plays. So they have no idea how good he is.

Believe me I have seen him here in San Diego for several years. He is as good of a College RB and Return man as I have ever seen anywhere bar none. Compared to anybody. Some get more publicity because of their program or the amount of national TV time. San Diego State doesn't get the most national TV time. Trust me though he is the real deal. I think he is among the best San Diego State players I have ever seen.

I just think people don't realize how good he is and haven't seen him play enough. He is big, fast, strong, great vision, good moves, great return man, strong, team player, great character. He has it all.

When they figure out how fast and strong he is at the combine I believe he will go higher than you think. It would not surprise me at all to see him go in the 1st round. I think he is worth that easily. He is that fast and that strong with that good of vision. Throw in the great return skills as a bonus. Keep in mind he is stocky at 220 lbs. with great speed. You don't see guys like that everyday.

He is massively underrated nationally IMO. I have been watching him very closely for several years. I know this player. He is the REAL DEAL IMO.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 25, 2017 at 12:03 AM ]
Hed look good here.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I think that's a great spot for him. Coming from SDSU could hurt his stock. He would be great in tandem with Breida. Penny, Breida, Williams, and either Mostert or McNichols is a great group
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I think that's a great spot for him. Coming from SDSU could hurt his stock. He would be great in tandem with Breida. Penny, Breida, Williams, and either Mostert or McNichols is a great group

There is no way he makes it to the third round. He kills teams from any conference.
Originally posted by okdkid:
There is no way he makes it to the third round. He kills teams from any conference.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is one of the deepest RB drafts ever. There's going to be a lot of great RBs pushed down the board because of the depth. I could see Penny being pushed to the third.

I don't think Penny goes before Barkley, Guice or Jones, and I'd be surprised if those three all went in the first. Then you have guys like Bryce Love, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Damien Harris, etc. Guys are going to get pushed down a round or two because of how deep the class is.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone