LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

At 5'11", 220 lbs with balance, vision, and burst, he has the makeup to be a complete 'back in the NFL. He's a one-cut runner and thrives in zone runs, especially with a full-back lead, so he's someone Kyle will have his eyes on come draft time. He's got some pretty damn good hands, too.

Human parachute

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 21, 2017 at 2:39 PM ]
Beat me to it lol was gonna create this thread just like Rosen I saw this kid since high school and you hit the dot zone RB 1 cut and boom kid is a baller. Mid rounds value 😀
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Nov 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM ]
This play will give Kyle a football boner.

Outside zone out of 21 personnel w/ fullback lead, precisely how Kyle loves to dial it up. There's deep penetration from the backside, but since Rashaad was decisive with his read from the moment he got the ball, he hits the hole, blows past all defenders into the second level and is off to the races. An unnecessary pause or extra step and this play results in a TFL or no gain.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 8, 2017 at 8:03 PM ]
Good post Hero. I hadn't really followed this guy. Great stats and film though on this cat. Your right, he's a great fit for this scheme. Good decisive one cut runner.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Better than Joe Williams.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Dude belongs in the 1st -- hard to see how we get him without acquiring new assets on a trade down.
Stanford couldn't stop the Penny man.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Dude belongs in the 1st -- hard to see how we get him without acquiring new assets on a trade down.

He's likely going to get pushed down the board due to how deep the RB class is. This draft is loaded with talented RBs.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 9, 2017 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

He's likely going to get pushed down the board due to how deep the RB class is. This draft is loaded with talented RBs.

Matt Miller has him as his 5th best RB before the combine

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Matt Miller has him as his 5th best RB before the combine

My boy is a SDSU alum. I should make his ass take me to a game before the end of the year and give yall a very SMOKEY outlook on what type of juice hes got
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Nov 10, 2017 at 1:30 AM ]
Saw his game against Stanford. Seems like he willing fit like a glove here better than Barkley, who still is one of my favorite prospects. He is a one cut runner that doesn't dance around.
Me likes. Could this be the second head of the two-headed monster? Hyde + Penny
Another big game for Penny.

Rashaad Penny stats tonight:
24 carries
222 yards
9.2 yards/carry
2 rush TDs
1 Kick Return for TD (100 yards)
1 Punt Return for TD (70 yards)

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM ]
Want as a 49er
Share 49ersWebzone