49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 680 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
For those interested, Delaware is playing on ESPNU right now, so you can have a look at QB Pat Devlin.

Keep me posted on this guy, I was not impressed with him first time I saw him a couple weeks ago

Ok I see his stats

14/20, 137yds, 2TD no picks and W.

But how did he look?

A lot of short throws, didn't really try to go down field at all. Seemed to have good pocket presence though, and always went through his progressions, not staring guys down.

Sounds a lot like what I saw, he's kinda accurate but I have not seen him display a cannon arm. When you talk about pocket presence did you mean anticipating the rush? He didn't show good mobility in the pocket when I saw him.

Also he plays in tha multiple WR offense so he has a lot of options to throw, I haven't seen this guy take a snap behind center.

I think he's overhyped
Jimmy Johnon already has said he thinks the Eagles will keep both Vick and Kolb - they need a good backup in case one gets hurt.

As for the Mallett video, I think we need Mallett's receivers. Those guys can catch off-target balls really well, something our guys do not do.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,743
Damn we could play ourselves right out of a 1st round QB short of trading up. Time to package up P-Willy and Crabtree to move up for Luck
I wouldn't take any of the top QB's in the upcoming draft. I would take a CB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Damn we could play ourselves right out of a 1st round QB short of trading up. Time to package up P-Willy and Crabtree to move up for Luck

I don't know about P-Williy but I would package up Crabtree to move up for Luck.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,743
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Damn we could play ourselves right out of a 1st round QB short of trading up. Time to package up P-Willy and Crabtree to move up for Luck

I don't know about P-Williy but I would package up Crabtree to move up for Luck.

I started reading this response and went from to . Honestly.

I wouldn't trade either of those guys. Or Frank. Or The Disease. I wanna see the Senior Bowl & Combine then get the pro day reports before I can really determine if I'd be willing to trade next year's first to move up or not (for one of the QB's in this class). Undecided on the guy I think we should go after.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM ]
just for those guys who think that they can interpret talent based on stats:
2005 121 195 1514 62.1 7.76 61 8 5 6 135.68
2006 262 425 2939 61.6 6.92 79 15 10 20 126.67
2007 388 654 4507 59.3 6.89 71 31 19 21 127.04

locker's stats:
2007 155 328 2062 47.3 6.29 98 14 15 17 105.01
2009 230 395 2800 58.2 7.09 51 21 11 28 129.75
2010 179 316 2209 56.6 6.99 80 17 9 19 127.43
only slightly worse...whom does the former stats belong to???? what do u think? just guess...
[ Edited by communist on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by communist:
just for those guys who think that they can interpret talent based on stats:
2005 121 195 1514 62.1 7.76 61 8 5 6 135.68
2006 262 425 2939 61.6 6.92 79 15 10 20 126.67
2007 388 654 4507 59.3 6.89 71 31 19 21 127.04

locker's stats:
2007 155 328 2062 47.3 6.29 98 14 15 17 105.01
2009 230 395 2800 58.2 7.09 51 21 11 28 129.75
2010 179 316 2209 56.6 6.99 80 17 9 19 127.43
only slightly worse...whom does the former stats belong to???? what do u think? just guess...

Why exactly do we need to guess???
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.



Just say its Matt Ryan so we can stop this silly game.

Quarterbacks who do not complete 60% of their passes in college flop in the pros, so you can cross Locker off the list.
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Damn we could play ourselves right out of a 1st round QB short of trading up. Time to package up P-Willy and Crabtree to move up for Luck

I don't know about P-Williy but I would package up Crabtree to move up for Luck.

I started reading this response and went from to . Honestly.

I wouldn't trade either of those guys. Or Frank. Or The Disease. I wanna see the Senior Bowl & Combine then get the pro day reports before I can really determine if I'd be willing to trade next year's first to move up or not (for one of the QB's in this class). Undecided on the guy I think we should go after.

Honestly Kris, if it took Crabtree and not a monster trade to get Luck, I'd be all for it. At this point Crabtree is replaceable.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.

It is not that interesting to have to decipher a jumbled mess of stats
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.



Just say its Matt Ryan so we can stop this silly game.

Quarterbacks who do not complete 60% of their passes flop in the pros, so you can cross Locker off the list.
you talk about a silly game but you throw in a silly sentence though you have a counter evidence for at least one guy who is VERY good right now...
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.

It is not that interesting to have to decipher a jumbled mess of stats
what about using your brain???
[ Edited by communist on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.



Just say its Matt Ryan so we can stop this silly game.

Quarterbacks who do not complete 60% of their passes flop in the pros, so you can cross Locker off the list.
you talk about a silly game but you throw in a silly sentence though you have a counter evidence for at least one guy who is VERY good right now...

wut?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by communist:
it's interesting how many people know the guy who we are talking about.



Just say its Matt Ryan so we can stop this silly game.

Quarterbacks who do not complete 60% of their passes flop in the pros, so you can cross Locker off the list.
you talk about a silly game but you throw in a silly sentence though you have a counter evidence for at least one guy who is VERY good right now...

wut?
"Quarterbacks who do not complete 60% of their passes in college flop in the pros, so you can cross Locker off the list."
ryan also completed less than 60% of his passes in one season, it was his last, not his first!!!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone