LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Kurt Warner to hold press conference Friday

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Just announced on espn that Kurt Warner will announce his intention to retire or not on friday in a press conference. Adam Shefter said he believes all signs point to his retirement. I sure hope he is right.
  • dj43
Warner is one of the truly great stories of perseverence and achievment in sports. I hope he does retire, not just because it would weaken AZ, but because I hate to see someone who has had such a great career be slowed at the end by age and injury.
I wonder what God will tell him to do this time.
please retire. i like warner as a person and hes a great player but him playing for the rams and the cards made me hate the guy when he was on the field. the best of luck to warner if he retires
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I wonder what God will tell him to do this time.

Hopefully God tells him to retire and become a priest.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
What Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact on next season than any other offseason event. Yes what Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact than the draft on the 49ers in 2010
Quote:
A retirement press conference is planned for Cardinals QB Kurt Warner on Friday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, with the star also likely to discuss future post-playing plans.

Warner, who was pounded hard several times during a playoff loss to the Saints, will retire as one of the most prolific passers of his era, and someone who led two franchises to the Super Bowl.

He performed at a Pro Bowl level again for Arizona in 2009, but also suffered another concussion and has been mulling retirement for several years now. Warner could be poised to pursue coaching or broadcasting post-retirement.

His departure leaves former first-round pick Matt Leinart as the starter in Arizona for now. Leinart has struggled thus far in his career.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/27/warner-expected-to-announce-retirement-friday/

You don't have a presser to announce you are fulfilling your contract.....one can hope

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
A retirement press conference is planned for Cardinals QB Kurt Warner on Friday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, with the star also likely to discuss future post-playing plans.

Warner, who was pounded hard several times during a playoff loss to the Saints, will retire as one of the most prolific passers of his era, and someone who led two franchises to the Super Bowl.

He performed at a Pro Bowl level again for Arizona in 2009, but also suffered another concussion and has been mulling retirement for several years now. Warner could be poised to pursue coaching or broadcasting post-retirement.

His departure leaves former first-round pick Matt Leinart as the starter in Arizona for now. Leinart has struggled thus far in his career.

From nfl.com too? Wow.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
WARNER IS DONE.

Why else would he hold a press conference, ESPECIALLY this early? It's not even the offseason yet.....

Warner wants to give the Cardinals a chance to either prepare to draft a QB, get Lienart in the mix, or bring in someone via trade or FA......Warner being a classy guy, will give the Cardinals time by announcing his retirement early....

REJOICE 49ER FANS!!!!!!

And don't forget...Antrel Rolle is due an $8 million roster bonus, Karlos Dansby is a free agent who will command a huge contract, and let's not forget the Anquan Boldin saga.....The Cards can't pay anyone.....So with Warner stepping down that saves money that they can use elsewhere.....

With all that said..........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:

This is the best part of the story you linked

He wouldn't hold a press conference unless he was retiring.
Originally posted by JD81:
WARNER IS DONE.

Why else would he hold a press conference, ESPECIALLY this early? It's not even the offseason yet.....

Warner wants to give the Cardinals a chance to either prepare to draft a QB, get Lienart in the mix, or bring in someone via trade or FA......Warner being a classy guy, will give the Cardinals time by announcing his retirement early....

REJOICE 49ER FANS!!!!!!

And don't forget...Antrel Rolle is due an $8 million roster bonus, Karlos Dansby is a free agent who will command a huge contract, and let's not forget the Anquan Boldin saga.....The Cards can't pay anyone.....So with Warner stepping down that saves money that they can use elsewhere.....

With all that said..........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya! In that case, we've got to be the favorites to win the NFC West!

I wonder if Carroll will try and trade for Leinart. He's almost as bad as J. Russell!
Share 49ersWebzone