There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 12/13

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
Ooo...almost had the 2nd
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,562
We mailed it in after the second goal. Sucks! Agrhhhh. Not the performance I was ecpecting in the second half. Couldn't get the ball back and the set plays we did have were crap. Oh well. We still got a rematch. We will get em there! Lol

Just gotta take care of business against spartak and celtic and we will be ok.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
Originally posted by NickV:
We mailed it in after the second goal. Sucks! Agrhhhh. Not the performance I was ecpecting in the second half. Couldn't get the ball back and the set plays we did have were crap. Oh well. We still got a rematch. We will get em there! Lol

Just gotta take care of business against spartak and celtic and we will be ok.

Barca in 2nd half was just too good. It seemed like Benfica hardly touched the ball the whole second half. Very satisfying game, except the horrible injury to Puyol. I don't see Benfica winning at Barca, but anything can happen.


Anyway, time for Real Madrid - gotta win at home against them.
anyone not watching football this morning and watching El Clasico instead?

me neither
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
Originally posted by vrabbit:
anyone not watching football this morning and watching El Clasico instead?

me neither

I'm WATCHING...about to start


Go BARCA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
MESSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII



What a f**king kick!!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,562
One of the best classicos I have seen in a while. No doubts who the 2 best teams and players are in the world. Loved every second of this game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
Originally posted by NickV:
One of the best classicos I have seen in a while. No doubts who the 2 best teams and players are in the world. Loved every second of this game.

Definitely. Amazing Classico...

Man, Barca should have scored in the end. So many chances...and with so many positive results late in game, I was so sure that they will score. But, I'll take a tie.
Bandwagon soccer fan but this game has had some fantastic goals! Wow!
Awesome Classico, this was the most intense match I have seen all year. Soccer at its highest level, IMO we are very lucky to be watching Messi and Ronaldo in their prime. Two of the greatest of all time put on a show.

On a side note ozil had his best game of the season hopefully mourinho keeps playing him consistently cause he is > then modric
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299
Originally posted by 49erha:
Awesome Classico, this was the most intense match I have seen all year. Soccer at its highest level, IMO we are very lucky to be watching Messi and Ronaldo in their prime. Two of the greatest of all time put on a show.

On a side note ozil had his best game of the season hopefully mourinho keeps playing him consistently cause he is > then modric

Ozil has always been an inconsistent player and is a liability on defense.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 49erha:
Awesome Classico, this was the most intense match I have seen all year. Soccer at its highest level, IMO we are very lucky to be watching Messi and Ronaldo in their prime. Two of the greatest of all time put on a show.

On a side note ozil had his best game of the season hopefully mourinho keeps playing him consistently cause he is > then modric

Ozil has always been an inconsistent player and is a liability on defense.

I agree about his defense but its the same with Ronaldo and di Maria, last year their defense was so good it didn't matter, this year not as much. IMO the mistake is he is not playing kehdira consistently even though him and Alonso make a very strong tandem as holding mf. Ozil brings a creativity they need. Look at the Classico the first goal started with him, and the second goal was cause of his perfect pass set up Ronaldo. He is still young only 23, but they need him cause they really don't have anybody else in that playmaker role behind Ronaldo.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,562
I love Di Maria (mostly because he is a ex benfica player) But every time he plays against Barca he is ASS. IMO I would have liked to have seen what Callejon would have done. Its clear as day that he is not as talented as Angel but he is a full blown Madridista and playing for a club you love against your biggest rival can give you a boost.

Anywhoooo onto international games this weekend for world cup qualifiers. Portugal plays against Russia tomorrow.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,299