LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

so, with another season gone, a new thread needs to be made.

11/12 Champions:

Serie A: Juventus
Premier League: Manchester City
Liga BBVA: Real Madrid
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
Can you put a smiley by Real Madrid too?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Can you put a smiley by Real Madrid too?

This!!!

They won after a long time, and they won't be winning for a long time again, so please do it
Lol sometimes it sucks having your favorite team in the bundesliga cause it's not nearly as exciting but it's getting better. Anyways Bayern will be in the running for the championship but it's all about the Champs league.

Couple nice additions nothing spectacular though. Ill be excited to see shaqiri also how alaba develops.
Predictions too early but ill through sone early ones out there

Seria A. Juventos undefeated last year. I can see Milan giving them a Good race but I think they will just be a little better. Expect inter to bounce back.

Laliga real Madrid, they won it pretty easily last year barca while still the second best team in the world imo is on a slow decline. Also it would be insane for messi to have the same year as last.

Bundesliga two team race I think Bayern takes it, burrisa is good but losing kagawa hurts he was a very good player.

Premiership man city comes back down to earth and arsenal yes I said it Wenger has reloaded and they finished strong last year will finally return to the top in a close race with man u
arsenal...lol. They are the Udinese of the EPL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I've no issues with people picking Real Madrid to win la liga - they're a great team and I can see why people feel they will repeat. But, Barca is on decline?

How is Barca on a slow decline?

Two of the best young players in the World in Alexis Sanchez and Fabregas - joined last year and will only gel better with the team this season. Villa was out for almost half a season due to a freak injury, and will be back on the team. Thiago Alacantra was in his first full season last season is expected to play even better this year. Jordi Alba (left back) - the one weakness Barca had on defense - will join the team and because youngsters like Tello and Cuenca got plenty of time last season on the field, they will only add quality to the bench.

The high level of players that are coming up from La Masia will make sure Barca won't decline all that much.

Oh...and Messi is 25 - and is getting better every year. He may not score 72 goals in the season, but he will be a better player than he was last year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm not going to predict anything before transfer season is over...
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I've no issues with people picking Real Madrid to win la liga - they're a great team and I can see why people feel they will repeat. But, Barca is on decline?

How is Barca on a slow decline?

Two of the best young players in the World in Alexis Sanchez and Fabregas - joined last year and will only gel better with the team this season. Villa was out for almost half a season due to a freak injury, and will be back on the team. Thiago Alacantra was in his first full season last season is expected to play even better this year. Jordi Alba (left back) - the one weakness Barca had on defense - will join the team and because youngsters like Tello and Cuenca got plenty of time last season on the field, they will only add quality to the bench.

The high level of players that are coming up from La Masia will make sure Barca won't decline all that much.

Oh...and Messi is 25 - and is getting better every year. He may not score 72 goals in the season, but he will be a better player than he was last year.

Lol relax I said their the 2nd best team in the world. Consider there 2010/2011 season. They may have been the most dominate team of all time. I don't see them returning to that form. Messi scored 72 and they still didnt win laliga or champs league. I wouldnt be surprised of they won either this year but I don't expect them to
I know you guys don't give a s**t about MLS, but did anybody catch the Quakes/Galaxy game saturday night? It was pretty awesome. Quakes went up 1-0 early, then LA put in 3 before halftime on an beautiful goal off a set piece from Beckham, an own goal for SJ, and a Donovan score. Then the Quakes put one in late in the 1st half, and then 2 more in the 2nd to win 4-3. They played in in Stanford stadium. The place was rocking.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
Lol relax I said their the 2nd best team in the world. Consider there 2010/2011 season. They may have been the most dominate team of all time. I don't see them returning to that form. Messi scored 72 and they still didnt win laliga or champs league. I wouldnt be surprised of they won either this year but I don't expect them to

Barca will be fine. They added Jordi Alba this week - which now looks like a great signing after an impressive Euro Cup. I've no question that Barca will be a better team in 2012-13. When you've been pretty much winning everything for couple years, you can get complacent. This year, Barca will be motivated to take down Real Madrid.

Unless Real Madrid adds a high quality striker in the transfer period - I fully expect Barca to reclaim la liga.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I know you guys don't give a s**t about MLS, but did anybody catch the Quakes/Galaxy game saturday night? It was pretty awesome. Quakes went up 1-0 early, then LA put in 3 before halftime on an beautiful goal off a set piece from Beckham, an own goal for SJ, and a Donovan score. Then the Quakes put one in late in the 1st half, and then 2 more in the 2nd to win 4-3. They played in in Stanford stadium. The place was rocking.

no matter what league, any game that goes down like that is dope
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I wanted to go to that game but it was sold out!!

When the quakes move into their new stadium I'm probably gonna snag season tickets
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Also...

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I wanted to go to that game but it was sold out!!

When the quakes move into their new stadium I'm probably gonna snag season tickets

Stubhub had tix that werent that expensive. I was gonna go, but it was my buddy's birthday celebration. I was pissed when he told me it was that day.
Share 49ersWebzone