There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 12/13

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't think that's what happened. He donated the money to Real Madrid foundation - who donated some of that money to build schools in Gaza.

Also, some deny that report as well. Ronaldo hasn't said anything about it, neither has Real Madrid or any Spanish media. This was reported by some newspaper in Indonesia.

My bad
I remember reading about him and how he supported Palestine a couple years ago so I believed it

I also remember him donating to schools in Gaza last year

It's all good...just wasn't sure if was credible. It may very well be true, but I've not read anything official.

C-Ron has always been pretty low-key with his philanthropy efforts so I don't know if we'll ever get a concrete confirmation about this.

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Galaxy! 2-1
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca vs. Benfica

You ready Nick?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi injured and it didn't look good

• NickV
  • Veteran

Why in gods name did Jorge Jesus have Oscar Cardozo, OUR LEADING GOAL SCORER, on the bench?!?!

It was one of those days though. Barca started their B team and we still couldnt score. Soooooooooooo many wasted chances.

Hope Messi is ok though. Hopefully its nothing that will keep him out for too long. I know tito wanted to get him a chance to score 85 goals but this was a meaningless game for them. He should have given him the rest. imo.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

Why in gods name did Jorge Jesus have Oscar Cardozo, OUR LEADING GOAL SCORER, on the bench?!?!

It was one of those days though. Barca started their B team and we still couldnt score. Soooooooooooo many wasted chances.

Hope Messi is ok though. Hopefully its nothing that will keep him out for too long. I know tito wanted to get him a chance to score 85 goals but this was a meaningless game for them. He should have given him the rest. imo.

Yea, Benfica should have scored a couple of times. Poor finishing.

In games Messi is not starting, Pep and now Tito have almost always brought Messi in the the game late when playing at Camp Nou. They have said it's because many in the crowd have come only to see him and he can log in a few minutes. Though, that's a nice thought - it's a stupid strategy. I always hated it. I could understand in certain circumstances, but in a meaningless game - he should be in the stands, not on the bench.

News is - he is ok though. We will know more soon.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi plays and scores early TWICE to break the Gerd Muller's record. 86 goals in 2012 - f**kin' ridiculous!

MESSI
yah, Messi only got 25 more PKs to do it than Muller did.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
yah, Messi only got 25 more PKs to do it than Muller did.

Messi scored 14 PK goals out of 90.

Messi re-signs with Barca till 2018

With La Liga in the bag...time to focus on Champions League! Great to see all La Liga teams advance in Champions League again this year!
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barcelona have announced on their official website that they have reached an agreement with Xavi and Carles Puyol over a contract extension until the summer of 2016, while Lionel Messiwill stay with the club until 2018, with the deals to be penned in the coming weeks.

THIS IS A GREAT DAY FOR ALL BARCA FANS!!!

Tello signed an extension till 2016 as well.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Real Madrid can't catch a break lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I wanted AC Milan or Porto...!!!

Pretty happy to get Milan

As long as one of these three carry the trophy and not Barcelona or Real Madrid then good
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
wow manu v real ?