There are 214 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

As long as one of these three carry the trophy and not Barcelona or Real Madrid then good

If Real Madrid continues to play the way they have been playing - they have no chance against ManU. But, they have great players and a great coach and time is on their side - so I'll not count them out. They can fix whatever is wrong with them.

Barca is going to beat AC Milan. I'll give AC Milan 10% chance. They must win 2-0 in the first leg to have glimmer of hope.

IMO, 3 teams are above all. Barca, ManU, and Juve. I'll give Real an outside chance. Barca is on a tear right now, and I don't see anyone beating them right now over 2 legs. But, again - the games don't begin till mid-late Feb. - so Barca may not be playing as well as they are.

Also, things may change during the transfer window. I expect Juve and Arsenal to make moves.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
wow manu v real ?

One of them won't make the QFs and that's
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Anybody watching Chelsea crush Aston Villa today? 8- 0?!?! I know this is the equivalent of the Pats versus Oakland but damn Should've been 9 - 0 but the AV keeper made a great save on a PK
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM ]

As long as one of these three carry the trophy and not Barcelona or Real Madrid then good

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

If Real Madrid continues to play the way they have been playing - they have no chance against ManU. But, they have great players and a great coach and time is on their side - so I'll not count them out. They can fix whatever is wrong with them.

Barca is going to beat AC Milan. I'll give AC Milan 10% chance. They must win 2-0 in the first leg to have glimmer of hope.

IMO, 3 teams are above all. Barca, ManU, and Juve. I'll give Real an outside chance. Barca is on a tear right now, and I don't see anyone beating them right now over 2 legs. But, again - the games don't begin till mid-late Feb. - so Barca may not be playing as well as they are.

Also, things may change during the transfer window. I expect Juve and Arsenal to make moves.

I wouldn't say we have no chance against ManU. We obviously need to play better than we have been to move on but ManU, or any EPL team for that matter, aren't really anything to fear.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I wouldn't say we have no chance against ManU. We obviously need to play better than we have been to move on but ManU, or any EPL team for that matter, aren't really anything to fear.

Real Madrid is playing very poorly. If they continue to play like this, I don't see them beating ManU. They have great players - so I expect them to figure it out at some point. In the end, it's sports and anything can happen. Chelsea did win the Champions League last year.

EPL is over-hyped and over-rated...so as I said earlier - I won't count out Real Madrid. They got more talent than any team in the World.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Perfect start to the new year. Barca wins the derby 4-0
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The Portuguese "O Classico" this weekend! Benfica v Porto. Cant wait for this one. Hope we demolish those aholes!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
The Portuguese "O Classico" this weekend! Benfica v Porto. Cant wait for this one. Hope we demolish those aholes!

Always a great rivalry. Will be watching this.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lionel Messi wins 2012 Fifa Ballon d'Or

First player ever to win this 4th straight year!!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran

• 4ML
  • Veteran
With Spanish clubs having supplied all 11 members of the FIFPro World XI for 2012, La Liga's claim to be considered the world's best league appears stronger than ever. Barcelona and Real Madrid may have missed out in last season's Champions League, losing to Chelsea and Bayern Munich respectively, but they still supplied 10 of the players voted into Fifa's all-star team by over 55 000 professional footballers around the world.

Atletico Madrid's Colombian striker Radamel Falcao completed the line-up, meaning that for the first time in the eight-year history of the selection, all 11 players were drawn from teams playing in the same country.

In fact, so enduring is the appeal of the players at Spain's top two clubs that there were only two changes to the 11 voted into the FIFPro World XI in 2011.

Manchester United pair Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic were the men to make way, for Falcao and Madrid's Brazilian left-back Marcelo, as the English Premier League had its grip on the team prised away finger by finger. England has at least mustered representation in recent years, which is more than can be said for the German Bundesliga and France's Ligue 1, while the leading lights from Italy's Serie A have been ignored since 2010.

FIFPro World XI 2012:

Iker Casillas (ESP/Real Madrid); Dani Alves (BRA/Barcelona), Gerard Pique (ESP/Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (ESP/Real Madrid), Marcelo (BRA/Real Madrid); Xabi Alonso (ESP/Real Madrid), Xavi (ESP/Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (ESP/Barcelona); Lionel Messi (ARG/Barcelona), Radamel Falcao (COL/Atletico Madrid), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Real Madrid)

La Liga
  • Garce
  • Veteran
congrats messi.

perhaps the greatest ever.... if only he can win a world cup
Messi is one of the best of all time yes, but cannot be considered the greatest imo because we are in an age of weak defending.
Huge news pep picks Munich!!! I love this move. A lot of work will be needed to get them at barcalonas level but this is a good start. They are already on of the best teams in the world but this has the potential to put them in the top 3 teams every year.
Share 49ersWebzone