There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Anyone wanna predict the group games for me? I'm doing a tourney thing with some friends but I.. I'm not too familiar with the teams. I just need to place 8th to move on to the next stage where random teams are assigned in the knock off stage.

Russia
Poland

Germany
Portugal

Spain
Italy

France
England
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Originally posted by MrOrange:
All group games fall on the same day, I believe the Portugal/Denmark game next week is on wednesday at 12pm ET.

I think Germany is the only real lock of the group to go through. The Netherlands should, but Denmark and Portugal are capable of taking points via a win/tie. I've read some articles saying that this is the toughest group EVER in an international tournament. All 4 teams are in the FIFA top 10....thats crazy.

I know its there first time EVER that has happend in any tournament. All 4 teams have world class and above avergae players playing on some of the best club teams in the world. Its nut's.

Which ever team tops the group will win the whole thing imo.

France is my dark horse though. I think they are gonna create some biiiiiiiiiiiig noise.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by MrOrange:
All group games fall on the same day, I believe the Portugal/Denmark game next week is on wednesday at 12pm ET.

I think Germany is the only real lock of the group to go through. The Netherlands should, but Denmark and Portugal are capable of taking points via a win/tie. I've read some articles saying that this is the toughest group EVER in an international tournament. All 4 teams are in the FIFA top 10....thats crazy.

I know its there first time EVER that has happend in any tournament. All 4 teams have world class and above avergae players playing on some of the best club teams in the world. Its nut's.

Which ever team tops the group will win the whole thing imo.

France is my dark horse though. I think they are gonna create some biiiiiiiiiiiig noise.

I agree with you on France. For me it goes

1. Russia
2. Poland

1. Germany
2. Netherlands

1. Spain
2. Italy

1. France
2. Sweden

Netherlands beat Russia
Germany beats Poland
Spain beats Sweden
France beats Italy

Spain beats Netherlands
Germany beats France

Germany beats Spain
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Anyone wanna predict the group games for me? I'm doing a tourney thing with some friends but I.. I'm not too familiar with the teams. I just need to place 8th to move on to the next stage where random teams are assigned in the knock off stage.

Russia
Poland

Germany
Portugal

Spain
Italy

France
England

I meant every single group stage game, lol. It's all good, I already dun did it.
Go Ireland!!

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,270
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Go Ireland!!


My picks:


Group A:

1. Greece
2. Russia

Group B:
1. Germany
2. Netherlands

Group C:
1. Spain
2. Italy

Group D:
1. France
2. England

Knockouts:
Germany beats Russia
Netherlands beat Greece

Spain beats England
Italy beats France

Semis:
Spain beats Netherlands
Germany beats Italy

Final: Spain vs. Germany


SPAIN wins to become the first team ever win Euro, World Cup, Euro back to back to back.
Hup Holland!


[ Edited by MrOrange on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
YES! Greece ties it!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
YES! Greece ties it!

You watching? I just saw the highlights.....I think when I get home today i'm doing to browse the replay of the game on espn.com

Apparently it was an exciting game. Wish I could have watched.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,270
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
YES! Greece ties it!

You watching? I just saw the highlights.....I think when I get home today i'm doing to browse the replay of the game on espn.com

Apparently it was an exciting game. Wish I could have watched.

Good game for about 60 minutes. Players looked slow and tired after that. Greece missed a penalty in 2nd half and a chance to take the lead. Next couple days are going to be awesome!! Germany vs. Portugal and game 7 of the NBA finals tomorrow - then Nadal vs. Djoker French open Final & Spain vs. Italy on Sunday!!!

CAN'T f**kING WAIT
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,270
There is a Russian play with the name "Jerk-off" (not how you spell it obvi)
Goal Czech Republic...Game on!!!
Help me out, here. How the hell is Russia in the Euro cup? Isn't Russia in Asia, or did they change that, like Pluto not being a planet anymore?