LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Welp, Italy looks like their in serious trouble that Spain is up 2-0.

They have to beat Ireland...they will do that, but if Croatia and Spain get a tie - Italy will need to win big. I hope Spain scores another here to put themselves in great position.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
...and boom. Torres scores another!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
4-0

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Ronaldo played f**king terrible today.

Yeah his confidence is shaken

Ronaldo will be ok...every player goes through a bad game or two. He will score sooner or later. I think the Germans team is over-rated - and will get beaten by a good team. If Portugal plays attacking football - they have more than a fair shot of winning against Germans. Of course, I don't expect Ronaldo to miss these kind of chances often.

I disagree while Germany hasn't been as impressive as they were in 2010 it's not like there playing against scraps. 2 wins against 2 of the top 5 teams in this tournament. They likely won't face another team as strong as Portugal or Holland until the semis if not the finals. I expect them to only get better.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
I disagree while Germany hasn't been as impressive as they were in 2010 it's not like there playing against scraps. 2 wins against 2 of the top 5 teams in this tournament. They likely won't face another team as strong as Portugal or Holland until the semis if not the finals. I expect them to only get better.

Holland is not a team...just individuals playing for themselves. As for the Portugal game, had they attacked just a little bit more - they could have exposed that defense. After the game, I thought Germany didn't play their best...but after watching them against the Dutch - I feel Germany just isn't as strong this year. I'd love to see them play Italy or France in knockouts.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Barca is trying to add Javi Martinez and Jordi Alba this summer

The rich get richer....f**kers lol

Although they left back has been their weak leak for them for the past few seasons. Maxwell and Adriano were ok, but nothing special.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The dutch have world class attackers that are capable of scoring against anyone, their problem is that they have a defense that is barley one.

So far from what I have seen the best teams so far are Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Italy and Denmark

Although you guys know I'm Portuguese, I'm putting my bias aside and looking at the pure footy that has been played. Portugal could very well damn be tired with Germany if the coaching staff had any faith in his players. Everyone of the starting 11 comes from high attacking football in their respective clubs. Parking the bus is not in our DNA.

Italy I can't criticize too much. They got a great point against Spain but sat on a lead for too long against Croatia. France faced a parked bus against England who are taking the Chelsea route, defend for their lives and hope to hit them on the counter. France is going far in this tourney I feel it.

Im writing/typing this but the rest of the groups haven't played yet. But I don't think much will change.

Spain is Spain. An embarrassment of riches with a competitive starting 11 on the bench!

As well as the Danes for the lack of big names they play well as a collective unit. Still waiting for Eriksen to show up though. This kid is suppose to the next Iniesta from what ive read.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Sweden = Zlatan +10 others.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
The dutch have world class attackers that are capable of scoring against anyone, their problem is that they have a defense that is barley one.

So far from what I have seen the best teams so far are Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Italy and Denmark

Although you guys know I'm Portuguese, I'm putting my bias aside and looking at the pure footy that has been played. Portugal could very well damn be tired with Germany if the coaching staff had any faith in his players. Everyone of the starting 11 comes from high attacking football in their respective clubs. Parking the bus is not in our DNA.

Italy I can't criticize too much. They got a great point against Spain but sat on a lead for too long against Croatia. France faced a parked bus against England who are taking the Chelsea route, defend for their lives and hope to hit them on the counter. France is going far in this tourney I feel it.

Im writing/typing this but the rest of the groups haven't played yet. But I don't think much will change.

Spain is Spain. An embarrassment of riches with a competitive starting 11 on the bench!

As well as the Danes for the lack of big names they play well as a collective unit. Still waiting for Eriksen to show up though. This kid is suppose to the next Iniesta from what ive read.

Excellent post. Not much I disagree with. I do think Germany is over-rated. I don't think they looked very impressive against Portugal, and were ok against a pathetic Dutch defense.

The French looked impressive in 2nd half today (didn't watch the first half). So did England. I thought they were done when Sweden took the lead. England has proven to be a mentally weak team for years now, but today they did very well.

If Torres hits form...Spain got this.
Excellent post. Not much I disagree with. I do think Germany is over-rated. I don't think they looked very impressive against Portugal, and were ok against a pathetic Dutch defense.

The French looked impressive in 2nd half today (didn't watch the first half). So did England. I thought they were done when Sweden took the lead. England has proven to be a mentally weak team for years now, but today they did very well.

If Torres hits form...Spain got this.

I disagree with the Germans being over-rated, to me they have looked excellent in both of their games. They look very organised and have several outstanding players. I'd currently make them the second best team in the tournament behind the excellent Spanish. Italy have impressed, as have Russia, the French will probably improve but should face a QF against either Spain, Italy or the unprediatbale Croatia. My England have squeezed out a couple of decent results, amazed they came back against Sweden, Rooney back for the rest of the tournament but expectations are a QF at best but the final group match v Ukraine in Ukraine will be tough.

• NickV
  • Veteran
If Portugal finishes first in their group we get a re match with Greece

I hope we get them! I want BLOOD!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
About to s**t a brick :/
Nice start by the Dutch but there are more goals to come in this game....
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Get one more Orange...get one more!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The Danes!!! Wow
Share 49ersWebzone