LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

this is not a dream team
Originally posted by schmons:
this is not a dream team

Where are the bigs? Tyson Chandler is the best they could find?.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The unibrow will go to London replacing Griffin

I like the kid but that's a dropoff from Griffin.

Griffin is over rated

He's better than Unibrow for sure. Unibrow is mostly a defensive only guy. And he is thin, young, inexperienced and not strong.

I'm not easily impressed by dunks

You don't think he is offensively better than Unibrow? And stronger and more physical than the skinny Unibrow?

He wouldn't have even made the team had Howard, Bosh, Aldridge been able to play. Davis could play a much more significant than you think with his presence in the middle. uSA has plenty of scorers.
Holy s**t

This team has got to shoot better from the floor. The lack of inside presence is a major issue on this team
At least they didn't lose to a bunch of college kids lead by Bobby Hurley
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Holy s**t

This team has got to shoot better from the floor. The lack of inside presence is a major issue on this team

If Joakim Noah wasn't so French he would have been the next big in line for team USA
Are they replaying this dream team game vs. England? Of course I missed it due to the time it was on. Just wondered if anybody knows?
LOL at Spain acting like they aren't going to try

STFU

Oh and Marc Stein is reporting that Lebron may see time at Center

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jul 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]
Man they could really use LaMarcus Aldridge....too bad he's injured

The officiating has been a joke in these 4 games.
We are so damn good in the open court. We should always push and play up tempo. Our athleticism can cover up our glaring weakness down low and the lack of post game.
Damn, why you guys hating on the team's performance so much? Didn't watch it but a 22-point win over our best competitor looks pretty good to me.

What am I missing?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Damn, why you guys hating on the team's performance so much? Didn't watch it but a 22-point win over our best competitor looks pretty good to me.

What am I missing?

Dunno. Defensively they look great. The only problem is that they're really small, with Tyson Chandler being the only big that's in the rotation right now. It'd be nice if Kevin Love got involved, but apparently the coaching staff doesn't like him because he's so goddamn awful on defense and to make matters worse, he's completely oblivious to that fact. But they're just killing people with their ball pressure on the perimeter.

IMO, Spain's the only team that can beat them due to their size.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

What am I missing?

Dunno. Defensively they look great. The only problem is that they're really small, with Tyson Chandler being the only big that's in the rotation right now. It'd be nice if Kevin Love got involved, but apparently the coaching staff doesn't like him because he's so goddamn awful on defense and to make matters worse, he's completely oblivious to that fact. But they're just killing people with their ball pressure on the perimeter.

IMO, Spain's the only team that can beat them due to their size.

Spain was supposed to be the only gold competition. Looks promising, we lack a little size, but probably won't need it this time. I hope.
Share 49ersWebzone