There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Sam Amick says that Houston is working on a three team deal with the Lakers & New Orleans where CP3 ends up in LA.

Who do you think we give up? How does CP3 fit into Brown's scheme?

Pau would land in Houston. The part I can't figure out is what young players/picks the Lakers & Rockets have that New Orleans would want.

As for how CP3 fits...I honestly don't know. Brown's made it a point to emphasize that he's catered his playbook to the talent on the Lakers, and that it won't look like the Cavs did. He ran a lot of pick & roll in Cleveland because that's what they were built for. He wants to emphasize post play in LA. Sounds good in theory, we'll see how it works. The Lakers hired Ettore Messina from Europe, who's an extremely well respected offensive mind that's will have a lot of say in what our offense looks like.

I will say this though. Kobe's never had a guy next to him that could get him easy shots. It's a lot easier to get into scoring position when you're operating off of the ball. That's what Pippen did for MJ. Kobe's always run the PG for us and has done well, but it's not what he's best at. He's a scorer, and ideally you can have those kind of guys working for position while someone else gets things going.

That being said, both players have been ball dominant in their career, so you can't just assume that they'll just acclimate to not being on it nearly as much. Both are capable though. Kobe's done a good job with the Olympic team of working off of the ball, but that's a totally different set of circumstances. We'll see.
Wow, this stuff is moving quickly.

This Laker/Houston/Hornets deal is very real, apparently. Then the Lakers would turn around and offer Bynum for Howard & whatever bad contract they want to give us. Don't know if Odom's involved.

This Laker/Houston/Hornets deal is very real, apparently. Then the Lakers would turn around and offer Bynum for Howard & whatever bad contract they want to give us. Don't know if Odom's involved.

The rumor I read yesterday was the Lakers wanted to get Paul in a 3 way deal that didnt include Bynum. Once getting Paul they would trade Bynum and Odom for Howard and Hedus contract
[ Edited by valrod33 on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM ]
Paul
Kobe
Artest
Hedu
Howard
Originally posted by valrod33:

The rumor I read yesterday was the Lakers wanted to get Paul in a 3 way deal that didnt include Bynum. Once getting Paul they would trade Bynum and Odom for Howard and Hedus contract

Ya, that sounds about right.

PG: Chris Paul, Steve Blake, Derek Fisher, Darius Morris
SG: Kobe Bryant, Matt Barnes, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Ron Artest, Luke Walton, Jason Kapono
PF: Valrod, Derek Caracter?
C: Dwight Howard

Where do I sign my contract?
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!
Dislike the lack of talent at the PF position if this happens.

Where do I sign my contract?

Dislike the lack of talent at the PF position if this happens. Except for Val, of course.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Dislike the lack of talent at the PF position if this happens.

Dislike the lack of talent at the PF position if this happens. Except for Val, of course.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to nab a ring chaser for the vet minimum.
BTW, only in Laker land would the first response to a Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, & Chris Paul trio be, "I dislike the lack of talent at the PF position."
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM ]
  • Amir
  • Veteran
BTW, only in Laker land would the first response to a Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, & Chris Paul trio be, "I dislike the lack of talent at the PF position."

lulz. The PF position is horrible. Val is worst than Eddy Curry.
Originally posted by Amir:

Unlike Eddy Curry ive actually played basketball before

But like Curry, you've eaten your way through earth's crust, mistaking it for pie crust.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

But like Curry, you've eaten your way through earth's crust, mistaking it for pie crust.

I dont even like pie, change this to mention something about a burrito. NOW

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!

I wonder if nawlins would run west @ the 3 if that happened...
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com