LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd do that trade if I was NO and Paul wasn't about leave. That's a ridiculous trade.

Yeah, seems like a lot.
Paul and Howard control where they ultimately end up. Boston is not trading Rondo for a 1 year rental, and the same goes for whoever the Clippers offer.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Paul and Howard control where they ultimately end up. Boston is not trading Rondo for a 1 year rental, and the same goes for whoever the Clippers offer.

Why won't Paul or Howard sign a long-term contract with Boston or Clippers?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

that's what i want to know
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

that's what i want to know

You'd have to ask them. But Paul's already shot down the idea. If I had to speculate, Boston doesn't have the greatest reputation amongst black players, and that's been true for years and years. Plus, it's freezing cold for a good part of the year, and isn't the "big time" the way that New York is. (which is also freezing)

I don't think either has explicitly shot down the idea of the Clippers, but they both come from organizations that badly mismanaged teams that had the potential to be pretty darn good for a while. Can they trust that Donald Sterling won't do the same?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Laker fans world wide baby.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/nba-franchise-leads-north-american-social-media-battle
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Jason Kapono intends to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, league sources tell Y!
Championship?
Originally posted by valrod33:
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Jason Kapono intends to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, league sources tell Y!

champions**t
The Lakers, Clippers and Warriors are the leading contenders for Chris Paul, according to a source.

Because a trade to the Knicks is highly improbable, Paul's new favorite destination is the Lakers. Either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol would be moved to the Hornets as the central aspect of a package for Paul.

A source confirmed that talks between the Warriors and Hornets slowed down on Wednesday. While the Warriors can't offer as good of a chance to win as the Lakers and Clippers, Paul is said to have a lot of respect for new head coach Mark Jackson

Chris Paul will not commit to signing a contract extension this summer with either the Warriors or Clippers, citing the potential financial ramifications of doing so rather than becoming a free agent and signing a new dea, according to sources.

It is unknown if Paul has a similar reluctance with the Lakers.

While both the Warriors and Clippers understand Paul's position, neither team feels comfortable paying a high price via trade without an assurance.

Paul has only reportedly told the Knicks that he willing to sign an extension after the season

Double Post
[ Edited by GameOver on Dec 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM ]
Sam Amick says that Houston is working on a three team deal with the Lakers & New Orleans where CP3 ends up in LA.
Sam Amick says that Houston is working on a three team deal with the Lakers & New Orleans where CP3 ends up in LA.

Who do you think we give up? How does CP3 fit into Brown's scheme?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Luke Walton, Odom, and Artest.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Pau would land in Houston. The part I can't figure out is what young players/picks the Lakers & Rockets have that New Orleans would want.

As for how CP3 fits...I honestly don't know. Brown's made it a point to emphasize that he's catered his playbook to the talent on the Lakers, and that it won't look like the Cavs did. He ran a lot of pick & roll in Cleveland because that's what they were built for. He wants to emphasize post play in LA. Sounds good in theory, we'll see how it works. The Lakers hired Ettore Messina from Europe, who's an extremely well respected offensive mind that's will have a lot of say in what our offense looks like.

I will say this though. Kobe's never had a guy next to him that could get him easy shots. It's a lot easier to get into scoring position when you're operating off of the ball. That's what Pippen did for MJ. Kobe's always run the PG for us and has done well, but it's not what he's best at. He's a scorer, and ideally you can have those kind of guys working for position while someone else gets things going.

That being said, both players have been ball dominant in their career, so you can't just assume that they'll just acclimate to not being on it nearly as much. Both are capable though. Kobe's done a good job with the Olympic team of working off of the ball, but that's a totally different set of circumstances. We'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone