There are 202 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

Marquez was robbed
and this is exactly why boxing is b******t and always will be...Floyd will destroy manny
Que paso
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No. Close fight. It isn't like Marquez was dominating him and it was clear cut. Marquez landed cleaner shots but Manny was aggressive and was stalking Marquez the whole fight.

Haha you crazy. Marquez was the clear winner, everyone knows it.
Marquez won this one. More so than you can say he should have won the last 2 (and I thought Manny won the second fight).

They might as well schedule their 4th rematch in May next year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Marquez should blame his s**tty corner. Horrible advice in the 12th.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
No. Close fight. It isn't like Marquez was dominating him and it was clear cut. Marquez landed cleaner shots but Manny was aggressive and was stalking Marquez the whole fight.

We have some dumb sports fans on this website. The bar I was at all had Manny winning as did the HBO announcers. But I guess u guys are right.

Manny knew he lost. Did you see him just put his head down and walk away while Marquez was celebrating with his hands in the air
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Robbery in progress...

Please. U listen to some UK announcers and figure they are right.

No i watched the fight and came to my own conclusions, which judging by this thread many others look to agree with it. But again you're clearly a homer so I don't expect you to be reasonable, you're just happy your guy got the W. Marquez should of known he couldn't win a decision after last time.
9:54 pmby Dan HillAdd a CommentManny wins! I'm relieved, but man, this was a tough fight to watch, much less fight.

Arguments abound at my table about who deserved to win. But Manny certainly threw far more power punches than Marquez. And Manny's accuracy was superior. I suspect because people thought the fight would be more lopsided than it was, it affects people's perceptions. If Manny squeaked through with a deserved win, when everyone was expecting greater dominance, the misleading impression is that Manny may not have deserved to win. That said, when you break it down, clearly Manny deserved to win. But just barely...

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

We have some dumb sports fans on this website. The bar I was at all had Manny winning as did the HBO announcers. But I guess u guys are right.
Yeah I'm sure before the fight.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:

Manny knew he lost. Did you see him just put his head down and walk away while Marquez was celebrating with his hands in the air

Manny does that every fight. Manny being Manny.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Quote:
9:54 pmby Dan HillAdd a CommentManny wins! I'm relieved, but man, this was a tough fight to watch, much less fight.

Arguments abound at my table about who deserved to win. But Manny certainly threw far more power punches than Marquez. And Manny's accuracy was superior. I suspect because people thought the fight would be more lopsided than it was, it affects people's perceptions. If Manny squeaked through with a deserved win, when everyone was expecting greater dominance, the misleading impression is that Manny may not have deserved to win. That said, when you break it down, clearly Manny deserved to win. But just barely...

Exactly. Thank you. Exactly as I stated. People on this website are making it out like Marquez dominated this fight.
  • Jiks
I am a band wagon boxing fan, for what it's worth,I have lost all respect for boxing. This fight was rigged and it was due to the $$$. I mean, he was handled for a majority of the fight. He landed some punches, but Marquez landed, plus countered more. I feel this was only due to the Mayweather fight.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A good close victory for Manny. Marquez was really lacking in power punches. He didn't land nearly as many significant punches at Manny. Looks like the right decision was made.
Share 49ersWebzone