LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

LMAO

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Quote:
9:54 pmby Dan HillAdd a CommentManny wins! I'm relieved, but man, this was a tough fight to watch, much less fight.

Arguments abound at my table about who deserved to win. But Manny certainly threw far more power punches than Marquez. And Manny's accuracy was superior. I suspect because people thought the fight would be more lopsided than it was, it affects people's perceptions. If Manny squeaked through with a deserved win, when everyone was expecting greater dominance, the misleading impression is that Manny may not have deserved to win. That said, when you break it down, clearly Manny deserved to win. But just barely...

Exactly. Thank you. Exactly as I stated. People on this website are making it out like Marquez dominated this fight.

Oh well if canadian pop singer Dan Hill says it, it must be true
Originally posted by okdkid:
Manny does that every fight. Manny being Manny.

He didn't do that at the end of the last two Marquez fights. Both fights at the end of the round he raised both hands in victory as he walked away.
Originally posted by YungAce:
LMAO

lol there's a cup under that sombrero... mmmm thirsty
Very close fight...could've gone either way, though I don't know how that one judge had 116-112, I saw it 115-113 to Manny.

Yes, Marquez countered well, but how many punches REALLY landed? Mostly looked like he grazed the ear, outside of those clean straight rights early in the first 5 rounds. They both fought hard, and I think this will help Manny b/c he'll train harder to fix this stuff either a rematch/PBF bout and the showing of being "beatable" might get PBF interested in fighting
  • Jiks
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
9:54 pmby Dan HillAdd a CommentManny wins! I'm relieved, but man, this was a tough fight to watch, much less fight.

Arguments abound at my table about who deserved to win. But Manny certainly threw far more power punches than Marquez. And Manny's accuracy was superior. I suspect because people thought the fight would be more lopsided than it was, it affects people's perceptions. If Manny squeaked through with a deserved win, when everyone was expecting greater dominance, the misleading impression is that Manny may not have deserved to win. That said, when you break it down, clearly Manny deserved to win. But just barely...

And I still disagree. I was actually watching the fight in espanol because it was the only good link. I was going for Manny but he was getting throughly out boxed the first 6 rounds or so. Manny was precise, and landing punches, but he was being countered, with a powerful straight and a combo. This is when I started going for Marquez. Manny did not do enough in the later rounds, I had him winning maybe 5, With a couple draws(or what-ever you call them) in between.

And about the perception part, I think that can be found any place you look. It is Pac-Man afterall.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM ]
Exactly. Thank you. Exactly as I stated. People on this website are making it out like Marquez dominated this fight.

lol what? i wanted manny to win, but it was damn obvious marquez won. marquez was being told to just not get knocked out and you win...manny being told that he's behind and they all knew it.
i hope all the manny fans come back to this thread with the youtube clips come out.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It's just disappointing to watch Marquez fight. Yes, he counters. But he landed very little punches of significance. Very weak. Judges reward the more powerful fighter. That is common knowledge. Manny was that fighter on this night.

Manny had the lead headed into the 10th on any unbiased scorecard. He won the 12th by a wide margin. Marquez simply didn't finish.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol what? i wanted manny to win, but it was damn obvious marquez won. marquez was being told to just not get knocked out and you win...manny being told that he's behind and they all knew it.

I will rewatch (when I can hear the corner talk) and if Mannys corner doesn't say you are behind in the 11th round you can bet I will be back on here calling u out.

It's just disappointing to watch Marquez fight. Yes, he counters. But he landed very little punches of significance. Very weak. Judges reward the more powerful fighter. That is common knowledge. Manny was that fighter on this night.

Manny had the lead headed into the 10th on any unbiased scorecard. He won the 12th by a wide margin. Marquez simply didn't finish.

Someone with some reason.

Hey don't get me wrong. It was a damn close fight. But I had Manny 7 to 5. Those making it out like Marquez clearly won the fight are those that see slow mo replays and think the punch was bigger than it actually was.
I'm a Pacman fan but I don't know about this one. He won on technicality, methinks...

I was watching the UK showing online and every single panel person had Marquez winning with out a doubt, they all started calling a rigged decission after it was made. Too many homers here to argue this fight, Pacman is "untouchable here... He clearly lost this fight, Marquez is never going to get a fair decission vs Pacman because there's too much money at stake

Hey don't get me wrong. It was a damn close fight. But I had Manny 7 to 5. Those making it out like Marquez clearly won the fight are those that see slow mo replays and think the punch was bigger than it actually was.

+1
If they judged it a draw, I wouldn't had been shocked. It was a good match, too close for comfort, but I agree, there's NO WAY Marquez "clearly" won like some of the boxing pundits stated. Just b/c Manny was projected to knock him out in the 6th round doesn't mean he deserves to lose by making it to a decision.

I had the fight rounds like this:

1- Manny (Clear cut)
2- Manny (Close)
3- JMM (Clear cut)
4- JMM (Clear cut)
5- JMM (Clear cut)
6- JMM (Close)
7- JMM (Clear Cut)
8- Manny (Close)
9- Manny (Clear Cut)
10- Manny (Clear Cut)
11- Manny (Close)
12- Manny (Clear Cut)

Tell me where I'm wrong?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

+1
If they judged it a draw, I wouldn't had been shocked. It was a good match, too close for comfort, but I agree, there's NO WAY Marquez "clearly" won like some of the boxing pundits stated. Just b/c Manny was projected to knock him out in the 6th round doesn't mean he deserves to lose by making it to a decision.

I had the fight rounds like this:

1- Manny (Clear cut)
2- Manny (Close)
3- JMM (Clear cut)
4- JMM (Clear cut)
5- JMM (Clear cut)
6- JMM (Close)
7- JMM (Clear Cut)
8- Manny (Close)
9- Manny (Clear Cut)
10- Manny (Clear Cut)
11- Manny (Close)