There are 162 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

• Jiks
Originally posted by valrod33:
2nd round

11th as well.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Crazy49er1313.
2nd round

It was a close round, but what did JMM do to deserve the round? Manny was agressive and solid in the 1st round, and carried his aggression into the 2nd. It wasn't until the last 45 seconds where JMM started landing the 1-2 combos off of his counters. Was it enough to win the round versus Manny's power punches and aggression? Had to give it to Manny, but the last 45 seconds of round 2 gave JMM the momentum from round 3 through round 7.

Just FYI, the judge who called it 116-112 was clearly getting a BJ by a tranny hooker to ignore a round (though he did give round 12 to JMM )
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
2nd round

11th as well.

Similar response as I gave valrod33, but it was b/c JMM went all out, but Manny was still getting those power punches, and in higher volume than JMM's counters in round 11, but was definitely close. I have to say round 2 was the closest, I'd had flipped a coin in all honesty, lol
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I was watching the UK showing online and every single panel person had Marquez winning with out a doubt, they all started calling a rigged decission after it was made. Too many homers here to argue this fight, Pacman is "untouchable here... He clearly lost this fight, Marquez is never going to get a fair decission vs Pacman because there's too much money at stake

Not you again. Haha.

You aren't at the tailgate tomorrow are you?

The HBO guys said it was close but gave the decision to Manny.
I don't know why people are saying pacman had the cleaner shots. Look at the fight again. Just because they showed the replays of his punches and not Marquez it doesn't mean he threw the better punches.
Ah no. Pretty much everyone is saying Marquez had the cleaner shots. Manny was more active and the aggressor.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I was watching the UK showing online and every single panel person had Marquez winning with out a doubt, they all started calling a rigged decission after it was made. Too many homers here to argue this fight, Pacman is "untouchable here... He clearly lost this fight, Marquez is never going to get a fair decission vs Pacman because there's too much money at stake

I was too, the announcers (British guy and Khan) said it was a fair, but that panel was pretty bush-league. I mean, they bashed on Fraizer earlier, but I dunno, they were the "pundits" I was referring to who said JMM "clearly" won. Hell, Manny didn't "clearly" win, it was a ridiculously close match.

I agree there are homers (and I'm a pretty big homer for Manny), but it's not like anyone is saying the 116-112 card was right, but the decision wasn't a "rigged" decision. Ppl saying that it was rigged are clearly anti-Manny to begin with and not worth trying to explain it to.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
I don't know why people are saying pacman had the cleaner shots. Look at the fight again. Just because they showed the replays of his punches and not Marquez it doesn't mean he threw the better punches.

What did you watch? All the replays I saw were JMM...wait, were the replays different between the UK and US coverages? I watched the UK stream so could've been different replays
Did Manny need to win to help force Mayweather vs Manny
At worst that fight should have been a draw

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

What did you watch? All the replays I saw were JMM...wait, were the replays different between the UK and US coverages? I watched the UK stream so could've been different replays

Yeah, in the HBO replays they only had pacman replays with maybe one of marquez
Yep, he's fighting Timothy the head next.

Some people are blind. HBO had plenty of Marquez replays.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Did Manny need to win to help force Mayweather vs Manny

A loss would've made it easier, in my opinion, but Manny looking mediocre against a boxer who:

1. Barely beat a guy who PBF mauled previously @ welterweight

and more importantly...

2. Kept hitting/frustrating Manny with counter-punches

PBF must have been on his phone trying to leave messages on Arum's phone, saying, "50-50 split, contract already faxed over, see you Monday"

After this fight, my 55%-45% manny beating PBF has now gone down to 50-50 even, b/c hopefully freddie makes Manny watch this fight for a week straight to remind him he has a weakness to counter punches, then make him watch videos of PBF for a week to show Manny that PBF is the best counterpuncher this era, so he better bring his big boy pants for training

Oh okay, makes more sense why there's such a dispersion in opinions about the fight
Share 49ersWebzone