There are 193 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
yall catch that youtube video of marquez stepping on manny's foot throughout the fight? i don't know if it was done purposely but it makes you think

That is an old tactic you use when fighting a southpaw. You have to keep your lead foot out side or in front to ensure being able to land the straight right.

Manny fans are some of the most annoying out there..

Orthodox vs. Southpaw.. it happens.

On facebook, multiple friends have posted this picture of Marquez stepping on Manny's foot 6 times as if he cheated:

Well..

It happens!!!!
^ ^ ^ i saw it on FB too.. i'm just wondering if that gives a boxer an advantage?

my first thought was it would take too much energy to try and step on someone's foot on purpose during a fight... ::::shrugs:::
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I doubt its done on purpose. I just think when you step into someone to punch, you're bound to step on their foot. Kinda like heads colliding when you force the action inside.
THEY TALKED ABOUT IT ON HBO FACEOFF

Manny knew it was coming. It's an old tactic. Not illegal, not cheap , but if you notice alot of amateurs use it.
Originally posted by Amir:
I doubt its done on purpose. I just think when you step into someone to punch, you're bound to step on their foot. Kinda like heads colliding when you force the action inside.

Actually it is very common and it is taught by most trainers. You dont intend to step on the foot but you use it range your punches. When you fight a left handed fighter it is easier to land the lead right than the jab. But you have to be positioned just right for it to work. A conventional fighter should always move to his left and keep the oponents lead foot in front or to the inside of his lead foot. That keeps you from having to reach out to land your punches. Boxing 101.
Pure accident. You couldn't step on Manny's foot on purpose if you wanted to. Do you realize how fast this mofo is?
Originally posted by danimal:
Pure accident. You couldn't step on Manny's foot on purpose if you wanted to. Do you realize how fast this mofo is?

not anymore it seems.

That vid showed Pac stepping on feet as well and Roach telling Pac that they're behind on the cards.
Share 49ersWebzone