There are 168 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
JMM was the CHALLENGER. He needed to do something that was very convincing (KO, TKO, win at least 8 rounds, etc.) to take the title away from Manny. He didn't, and that's why he lost.

That's like saying if the 49ers beat an undefeated Packers 24-21 at GB in the NFC championship game, yet the packers go to the Super Bowl because the challengers (49ers) didn't win by at least 7
If it was the other way around, f**k I'd love that rule, it would totally piss off the Cheeseheads

If it wasn't a title fight, Marquez would of won. It is what it is. Glad this at least happened with Manny than Mayweather or else I would have been pissed.
As much as we all have disagreed on this fight, just wanna say I love you guys! 8-1 BABY! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
JMM was the CHALLENGER. He needed to do something that was very convincing (KO, TKO, win at least 8 rounds, etc.) to take the title away from Manny. He didn't, and that's why he lost.

That's like saying if the 49ers beat an undefeated Packers 24-21 at GB in the NFC championship game, yet the packers go to the Super Bowl because the challengers (49ers) didn't win by at least 7

With all due respect, using football as an analogy isn't the same. With football you have a final score: It's difinitive. In boxing, without a KO or a TKO, you're leaving your fate in the hands of people's opinions (judge's scorecards). JMM should have attacked more and should have KO'd Manny if he expected to sniff a win.

Agreed on both comments Darth.

Never leave it in the hands of the judges, plain and simple.

Solid, you are better than that. That is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It is nothing like that as pointed out in the responses.
Pac crying in the corner before the cards were read after the fight should say enough.

Even he knew he lost.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pac crying in the corner before the cards were read after the fight should say enough.

Even he knew he lost.

he always does that
I was at the fight and it was electric. A 85% Marquez-dominated fan following. I'm a Pac fan, but live, I believe Pac lost by 1 round. It's hard to judge live with unlanded punches causing oohs, aahs.

But I do firmly believing in having to really BEAT the champion in order to BE the CHAMP.

Question is, if you're Nacho and you KNOW that your fighter was in two controversial outcomes in two battles with Pacquiao, why would you tell your fighter he's winning and leave the fight in the judges hands?
All I can say is I hope Manny learned a hard lesson against a counter puncher if they sign the Floyd fight. He has to work the body, in and out, and throw combinations. All of the stuff he really didnt do Saturday.

Floyd has to feel better about signing that fight after watching that.
It was sad to see this fight b/c it really confirmed that Manny isn't even in Floyd's shadow.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
It was sad to see this fight b/c it really confirmed that Manny isn't even in Floyd's shadow.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree that it showed Manny has some serious troubles with counter punchers and Floyd is the best in the game at that. If they fight, Manny and Roach need to put in some serious work on how to get in and out vs floyd.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
All I can say is I hope Manny learned a hard lesson against a counter puncher if they sign the Floyd fight. He has to work the body, in and out, and throw combinations. All of the stuff he really didnt do Saturday.

Floyd has to feel better about signing that fight after watching that.

Best comment made in this thread

/ thread
Originally posted by Amir:

I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree that it showed Manny has some serious troubles with counter punchers and Floyd is the best in the game at that. If they fight, Manny and Roach need to put in some serious work on how to get in and out vs floyd.
yea it looks pretty bad when you throw in the fact that Money is bigger, faster and stronger than JMM.

IMO JMM in general showed more control and at one point was bossing Manny.

I dunno what was wrong with Pac but to me didnt have his usual snap and pop working. His footwork was kind of labored to me. He looked weak and maybe mentally something was up. Haha JMM is hot about it!

Tim Bradley needs to sit down if he think he can challenge at welter.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by Amir:

yea it looks pretty bad when you throw in the fact that Money is bigger, faster and stronger than JMM.

IMO JMM in general showed more control and at one point was bossing Manny.

I dunno what was wrong with Pac but to me didnt have his usual snap and pop working. His footwork was kind of labored to me. He looked weak and maybe mentally something was up. Haha JMM is hot about it!

Tim Bradley needs to sit down if he think he can challenge at welter.

I read somewhere that Pac's legs were cramping again. I don't know if that's just an excuse, but if it is cramping, then Ariza better look into that. Two subpar fights in a row due to cramping is a big deal and he's gonna have to figure out why it only happens on fight night.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Pro Boxers reactions to Pac/Marquez III fight:

Marvin Hagler "Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!" Twitter

Bernard Hopkins "FloydMayweather blow thru MannyPacquiao easy!!" Twitter

OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is." Twitter

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!" Twitter

ZAB JUDAH "Robbery!!!!" Twitter

Andre Berto "Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank was gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though"

Chris Arreola "Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. ****."

Andre S.O.G. Ward "Well, I was wrong. Marquez is boxing a masterful fight. Marquez won this fight, period!!" Twitter

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!" Twitter

Are you kidding me? This fight didn't prove s*it. Let them prove it in the ring
Share 49ersWebzone