There are 194 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

• zero
  • Veteran
November 5th, 2011 Tuscaloosa, Alabama

BCS #1 LSU vs. BCS #2 Alabama

Winner is the National Champion because I don't think Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Boise St., Oklahoma State or any PAC-12 school beat either of these two SEC juggernauts. This is just my opinion, and either of these teams could lose next week and I'll be sure to eat a sh!t ton of crow, but It's doubtful.

10/22: LSU plays Auburn at home
10/22: Alabama plays Tennessee at home
10/29: Both teams are off
11/5: Thunderdome

Feel free to issue a rebuttal, but deep down, you know I'm right.
I dont see two SEC teams in a BCS title match.

The BCS standings wont let it.

Oklahoma and Stanford would be the most logical choices.

Doesn't matter whether they cant win against LSU/Alabama, BCS standings will show two undefeated teams in BCS national title game.
Also both OK and Stanford cant stick with LSU/Alabama

Landry Jones, Ryan Broyles

Andrew Luck, how can you discount him?
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I dont see two SEC teams in a BCS title match.

The BCS standings wont let it.

Oklahoma and Stanford would be the most logical choices.

Doesn't matter whether they cant win against LSU/Alabama, BCS standings will show two undefeated teams in BCS national title game.

I know that can't happen, which is why I labeled the thread "De Facto". One of these teams will probably play Oklahoma in the national championship and beat them by 10. Luck is great QB, but he can't win against either of these defenses.
lol at the yearly (and fradulent) SEC bias.

Stanford beats both teams by at least 10 points in game.
Originally posted by aman49:

Yeah, lol! I mean, what are the odds of the SEC winning 6 in a row?!

LSU would destroy Stanford. So would 'bama.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

This is one bias that's completely deserved. The conference as a whole is down (top to bottom Big12 is best right now), but the top is as dominant as ever. Wisconsin may be able to hang because they play a similar style, OU can score but we've seen that movie before, in the end I don't see anyone beating either of them except each other.
nm... college ftbl is so regionally biased its impossible to have a rational discussion on this
[ Edited by aman49 on Oct 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM ]
one of those teams will get voted out of the top two on the human polls.

man ya know.... if there was a playoff system this might happen.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
nm... college ftbl is so regionally biased its impossible to have a rational discussion on this

I don't support the SEC, I support Texas exclusively, but I watch. Anyone who doesn't think it's clearly the best conference over the last decade is the one being biased. It's only the pac12 guys who claim this bias. I'm sorry, but year in, year out the pac12 is the lousiest of the major conferences (i don't count big east as major) and that's all there is to it. I never hear of big10 guys complaining, they know first hand the SEC is better.

When Boise upsets that ass in the national championship, I will remind you of this. I would not have said that in previous years, but they are great and you are failing to acknowledge it.

Boise will be the National Champions. Deal with it.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
When Boise upsets that ass in the national championship, I will remind you of this. I would not have said that in previous years, but they are great and you are failing to acknowledge it.

Boise Junior College = not the best.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

• TX9R
  • Veteran

not JC, but I can't wait too see how they do if/ when they play a BCS schedule.
Originally posted by TX9R:

not JC, but I can't wait too see how they do if/ when they play a BCS schedule.

Dont confuse their success with that. If they were in a BCS schedule, they would not have that success because of the run of opponents. But they are not. So they are able to beat great BCS teams when they play them in a one time setting.

If they play anyone in the top 10, that team would have a hell of a time winning, ONCE.
Share 49ersWebzone