LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
f**king thank you!!! Not to mention their special teams weren't that great either. IMO Okie St. might be the best in the nation, but I dunno. I'm not even sure there really is a best team this year, just a bunch of teams that match up against eachother differently.

Bama's special teams aren't that great, LSU is doing just fine in that regard and OSU is awesome this year and I'm hoping LSU has a crack at them if neither doesn't lose the rest of the way.

Eh, don't think LSU's offense is any good. Not with Jefferson at QB and running the god damn option half the time.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Lol, guess I won't be seeing OSU vs. my tigers. What a crazy year! Expect BAMA to be #2 Monday and we all could see LSU vs. BAMA part deux with the score being 3-2 and the sec assured of another BCS National Champion. Hopefully this is thing that kills the BCS outright.
OK, here is what will happen.

LSU beats Arkansas

Bama beats Auburn

LSU and Bama play again in the National Championship.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
OK, here is what will happen.

LSU beats Arkansas

Bama beats Auburn

LSU and Bama play again in the National Championship.

Arkansas beats LSU

LSU drops to #2, Bama drops to #3, Arkansas jumps to #1

LSU beats Arkansas in national championship, chaos ensues.

Bama sucks it, because I hate Saban.
Lol, I hate Saban too!
keep dreaming you 'Bama haters. we'll see you and them tigers at the big dance
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Nov 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM ]
Go notre dame!
  • zero
  • Veteran
Tomorrow I'm changing the title of this thread
My instinct says if Okla St wins tonight in a rout, they will go up to #2.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:

I'm all for it actually, but they'll have to blow out Oklahoma by 40 to do it and keep Landry Jones in check.

I'm all for it actually, but they'll have to blow out Oklahoma by 40 to do it and keep Landry Jones in check.
Eh, I'd say 20 or more should do the trick. Keep in mind the OSU-Michigan precedent of 2006... voters will out of nowhere change their final polls to prevent rematches. Maybe not in SEC country, but they sure as hell might everywhere else.
  • zero
  • Veteran
I haven't even watched an entire OSU game so I'm looking forward to it. They know they have to put up a s**t ton of points and Gundy has never beaten Big Game Bob so it should be interesting.
I haven't even watched an entire OSU game so I'm looking forward to it. They know they have to put up a s**t ton of points and Gundy has never beaten Big Game Bob so it should be interesting.

Okla St's defense can be atrocious. They play very aggressively though and get a lot of turnovers.

I actually think Oklahoma will win.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Okla St's defense can be atrocious. They play very aggressively though and get a lot of turnovers.

41-3 in the third....

If they get to 50 I say let them play LSU

41-3 in the third....

If they get to 50 I say let them play LSU

Even though I think Alabama would dust OSU , people and the writers would rather see LSU play a team they haven't played like OSU
Share 49ersWebzone